It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Science Guy’ Bill Nye vs. Creationist Ken Ham: Who Will Win the Big Debate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Four hours and nine minutes to go, and yes, it's on youtube.
Here's the link:
www.youtube.com...

21,020 already 'watching'....
he heh

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Akragon

WOW!! And, they're going to be sitting on the other side of her???

Yikes. So- this is the 'meet the parents' audition?
Keep us posted. Pretend you have a cough.

Have fun!! If nothing else, it'll be an exercise in "culture shock".

Im kinda hoping we might get a seat somewhere in a different row...

I really hope Bill humiliates Ken Ham actually... She might actually give my side a chance in a discussion after this... Well probably not but again I can hope...

I talk to two of her siblings about their beliefs now... simply because her and i can not talk religion without her getting upset...

I stumped her sister... and her brother seems to only preach... even denies the bible says certain things even after I show him the verse...

Some things I can only chuckle at... I asked him once if he has ever met a wiccan... He didn't know what that was...

I told him wiccans are witches... and the bible says you should not let a witch live... He said, "No it doesn't"... *facepalm*

Even after I showed him the verse he said we're supposed to love others... which is technically correct, but if that is the case the bible can not be inerrant... and of course he went back to the old "context" argument... I said the context is clear, its black and white... and if we're supposed to love other people then we should not be killing wiccans obviously... he agreed. So the bible is not without error correct... I said... And he replied "of course it is"

Its almost futile debating with some "creationists"... no matter what you say or show, they will deny it til their red in the face... and then keep denying it...

IF Bill mops the floor with Ken Ham it will be an interesting night to say the least...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Im more interested in what happens with Akragon than the debate itself.

The debate just seems like "same #($@ different day" (again). Id be more inclined to watch a similar debate; "Which is superior? Socks or Shoes?"

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

LOL thanks for your interest in my.... situation...

I will give updates in my thread about it

here... Oh Lord... Why me?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

It poses an interesting question.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

To add to some of the posters points. The "Young Earth Creationist" and "Creationist" are two different things.

Not only do "Young Earth Creationists" disregard scientific evidence, they also disregard scripture.

Gen 1:1
"In the beginning God Created the Heavens and the Earth (spiritual realm and physical realm). And over time the Earth was rendered void (lifeless) and full of chaos; and darkness covered the face of the deep (no light reached Earth's surface).

Then God said "let there be light"..."

Here, scripture indicates an original creation of both realms an untold amount of years in the past (could be billions of years, God did not disclose the original creation time). Life existed on the Earth prior to "re-creation" week, for there must be life for something to be rendered lifeless. We see that the surface of the Earth existed prior to "re-creation" week as well as waters upon the surface; we see life used to exist before "re-creation" week as well (dinosaurs etc.).

After the original creation of the Earth unknown billions of years ago (according to scripture) something happened in the angelic realm, and a spiritual war took place with 1/3rd of the angels following Lucifer in rebellion against God's faithful angels led by Michael. The results of this war spilled over into the physical realm and the Earth was made "void of life and full of chaos" in the aftermath of this event.

This is where "re-creation" scripture begins. After these events God said "let there be light"... and over the course of 6 days He "re-created" the Earth and all life therein; so that it would be suitable for mankind to dwell upon. The Earth prior to this "re-creation" would not have been able to support human life like it is today.

According to the Word of the Eternal creator God. He created the physical realm some untold billions of years ago (think big bang). Then after a long time, rebellion occurred in the spiritual realm, which had an impact on the physical realm. The war which resulted destroyed all physical life on Earth (ELE, Dinosaurs died off) as a result. The Earth was rendered "void of life and full of chaos". Then after that event God began to "re-create" (mold and fashion) the Earth in preparation for the creation of mankind upon it 6000 years ago.

Mankind upon the Earth is 6000 years old according to scripture, but the physical Earth itself and non-human life upon it began unknown billions of year ago in spirit and in truth; according to scripture.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

ABeing

Robert Reynolds
Inanimate matter simply couldn't build all this that you see around you.

Yahweh is real, but evil.

Time to wake up - or not?

Have you ever before observed the emergence of consciousness, intelligence and personality without a material foundation such as a brain?
I am what I describe as 'mystic': I experience the invisible world every day. You can never become 'mystic' if you believe the fundamental forces of physics can produce free-will and the reason that I'm sure you believe is the basis of your understanding of these 'scientific' principles. The creation of animate matter is not within the remit of Biology; Biology operates on the premise that this has taken place. The creation of animate matter is a matter of particle physics and thermo-dynamics.

If not, what then convinces you that an immaterial, conscious, intelligent and evil being called "Yahweh" exists? Where is your empirical evidence?
Without starting a debate on semantics as to what one may call 'empirical', I'll concede I've never personally met Yahweh. However, through deductive reasoning I have strong belief - through social behaviour (Religions and secret societies) - that a widely referenced, influential and morally questionable entity, that goes by the name of Yahweh - and probably Osiris - has/does exist. I'm not sure if he's immaterial though.

The evidence of this would obviously be inadmissible to a follower of the 300 year old materialist pseudo-religion.

I couldn't tell whether you are serious or not in your post.
I think you could tell I was being serious and that's why you responded.

Responding to absurdities, only grants credibility.
edit on 4-2-2014 by ABeing because: (no reason given)[/editby
edit on 4-2-2014 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think it depends on the translation, another translation means you shouldn't take up their services. I don't see any.hope for your relationship it sounds like you think her and her family are stupid and you look down on them.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Not at all, I simply don't agree with some of her beliefs...

As I've stated in the thread about this situation, I am more then willing to accept the fact that she has different beliefs then I do...

She on the other hand believes that what shes been "taught" is absolutely correct without question...

Our relationship is great aside from that one little issue... the trick is how I can somehow amalgamate her beliefs with mine...

And I am not the topic of the thread... please address your issues in the thread provided for that purpose

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It poses an interesting question.

No, it really doesn't. Not even a little bit. And questions like this are exactly the reason why there's no point in having these debates. If you're asking questions like this, then you don't understand enough about evolution to argue against it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can't stand Bill Nye. If truth came up and smacked Bill Nye on the face, he still wouldn't get it. He's one of those people that's so smart that he's stupid. But I will watch this as it should get heated.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here's a very enticing (?) "predebate interview" from "The Comfort Zone" with Ray Comfort.

A half hour long - but, watch at about 5:00 and there's a 'debatelive.org' "preview."

So, yeah, I'm listening/watching these Fundies talk to Ken Ham...

Quite a 'crowbar separation' here......

I don't know what to think. But - this might help pass the time.
*chews fingernails*

Wowza wow.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

dis-respect Nye? Dis-respect all of Americas children that were taught real tangible knowledge in the 90s. Your future, those that stand above the ignorant.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And here's the other side of the story, with some very good points (even though the vid is a bit lame - the 'host' does a good job refuting Ham).

I have to say, Ham makes me rub my eyes and face, sigh deeply, and throw up in my mouth a little bit. Sad.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hi!! Thanks for the heads up!! I'm here now

Ready for crazy stuff!! Woof!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Pffhaha... I watched that video a few days ago whilst finding out exactly who this ken ham person is...

Quite amusing

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I see it's in one hour and 46 minuets ..so I have time to go make trouble...

Let me know if I need to do anything or bring chips or whatever...

I got you a Corsage...I'll just put it here ..

OH!!! heres the link for new bees www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-2-2014 by RUFFREADY because: what!! its me!! I'm a dog!!

edit on 4-2-2014 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

#1. How can a being be ALL 'loving' and ALL 'powerful', yet still there is suffering? So either it is NOT all loving, or either it is NOT all powerful, because it can't relieve suffering.

#2. Yes

#3. Yes, but we need to be asking the right questions to get the right answers.

edit on 4-2-2014 by Amarri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amarri

I have no clue!!

But!! I do have...I don't know

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Aw...it's very pretty! *blushes*

reply to post by Akragon

@ AKRAGON: you about on your way???
I do wonder why the church is showing it to the congregation inside the facility, on a Tuesday, rather than just talking about it next Sunday.

Good luck! Behave!

edit on 2/4/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join