It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most authentic possesion video I have seen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

I am not saying I don't believe in possession, but I definitely agree with you.

In my job I have had to wrestle with escaped mental patients on a somewhat regular basis when I patrolled an area of the city where the mental health care facility is located.

I am 6ft 1in, 250lb with quite a bit of martial arts/wrestling experience and I swear to you I have been thrown around by people half my size.

I have had people speak in what sounded like tongues, with different tones and pitches of voice.

I have had people that seemed to be impervious to pain.

I have also had similar experiences with people under the influence of certain substances.

Wow knows, maybe they were actually possessed.

edit on 4-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

maxzen2004
they thought the exorcism was successful but later murdered his wife and committed suicide.

I"m confused ... who did the 'exorcism'? Was it an ordained Catholic priest approved by the church for exorcism? Or was it the Warrens doing their own prayer thing? The Catholic Church (the Warrens are/were Catholic), doesnt' allow just anyone to do official exorcisms. And to be exorcised required approval of bishops etc ....

I've read enough and seen enough information to know that sometimes exorcisms can take years. It isn't always a magical wham-bam you are demon-free thing. Its entirely possible to think someone has been exorcised and then find out later that they weren't fully exorcised. The demonic hides.

That being said, I went to a talk given by the Warrens, and my sister-in-law and her family lived near them. I've read some of their books. I dont' have a problem with them. (the husband is dead now). I don't like Lauraine being on Paranormal State ... but she's much older now and might not realize that she's being used by a fake type tv show.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

OK. You think it's mental illness. But what do you think about the documented paranormal things that happened during some exorcisms by priests and other witnesses?
edit on 4-2-2014 by Fylgje because: unsufferable typo

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's a murky discussion shaded by religious dogma, psychiatry, common misconceptions and derision and unfortunately, some shade of seeming truth.

The Warrens might be largely legit, but I got the impression they inflated stories to sell books and talks. I know from oodles of first hand experience that the paranormal seems to exist, but it's largely "boring" paranormal, heh, and not as wild as the Warrens present... usually.

Malachi Martin's book, Hostage to the Devil, is a good page-turner that will give even the most ardent skeptic an increased electric bill if read at night. Not to say it isn't largely b.s. either, but if one can't trust a priest, then... wait... never mind. But it IS well written and spooky bad fun and gives an intelligent, dogmatic Catholic's (not necessarily an oxymoron) point of view, and who knows, maybe perfectly truthful as the author sees it.

Between Voodoo and all the other African based and Shamanic traditions that use possession, there is the uncomfortable mass of oddness and unexplained that give researchers pause. Alien intelligences and disembodied humans looking for a meat suit? A definite maybe, and that kinda sucks if you are the one they decide to move into, or so I've heard.

And I worked for a time at a half-way residence for mental patients (worked, not lived) and there was one woman who still gives me the creeps when I think of her. All the maybe stuff aside, and there was lots of it, she said what I was thinking, often, and once, her door slammed when nobody was near it.

She complained that "they" spoke to her all the time and told her "to do bad things." I dunno but it creeped me the heck out.

I think a Dr. Wickland Wrote 30 Years Among the Dead... and in it he was convinced spirits possessed people and sometimes for beneficial reasons. It was either that book or another where a Dr. had a blue collar dullard (heh) as a patient who would get "taken over" by a spirit who knew things far outside the guys scope... so either class bias and split personality, or real... again, dunno.

There is legit seeming evidence out there buried in the b.s. and mostly mental illness, but it's really murky and in my not-so-humble opinion, should be left alone... because if nasty things exist of which we don't know much about, is it a good idea to call attention to yourself even out of skeptical curiosity? Many honest field anthropologist would say they've seen some weird stuff indicating its' reality in some aspect. I think the religious dogma is wrong in general, but in particular it might be right about this stuff, anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

What a well thought out and brilliantly articulated post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's refreshing to read something like that when so often people have nothing but tired, used up one liners in response to subjects of a paranormal nature around here.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
There were two Roman Catholic Priests and the Bishop of St Paul’s Church in Warren who were involved in the A Solemn Exorcism of Maurice Theriault. I cannot find any documentation that the Warrens where present during the Solemn Exorcism. If they were present they would be there to support the priests, casual observers are not allowed to be present during a Solemn Exorcism. Therefore it appears that the Warrens where only involved in the early stages and not the Solemn Exorcism.

A former reporter for the Boston Herald in the 1990’d had seen the original video tape of Maurice’s exorcism in which she found hard to explain. It shows Maurice bleeding from his eyes, his face distorting and side view of his face flattened out with cracks in his forehead.

As well as the tape, Maurice was known to have bi-locate on several instances with witness reports. Maurice was also able to respond in fluent Latin during the Solemn Exorcism.

In October at 56 years old Maurice waited in the house for his estranged wife to return home. He chased her, shot at her arm (non-fatal). Dragged her back inside, where Maurice proceeded to deliver a fatal self inflicted gun shot to the head. Sadly for his estranged wife, she witnessed Maurices violent death in the same fashion that Maurice witnessed with both his parents 10 years earlier.

Certainly it is chilling see that this event almost mimicked that of the suicide-murder of his parents. There are elements of generational sexual abuse and diabolical involvement.

FlyersFan

maxzen2004
they thought the exorcism was successful but later murdered his wife and committed suicide.

I"m confused ... who did the 'exorcism'? Was it an ordained Catholic priest approved by the church for exorcism? Or was it the Warrens doing their own prayer thing? The Catholic Church (the Warrens are/were Catholic), doesnt' allow just anyone to do official exorcisms. And to be exorcised required approval of bishops etc ....

I've read enough and seen enough information to know that sometimes exorcisms can take years. It isn't always a magical wham-bam you are demon-free thing. Its entirely possible to think someone has been exorcised and then find out later that they weren't fully exorcised. The demonic hides.

That being said, I went to a talk given by the Warrens, and my sister-in-law and her family lived near them. I've read some of their books. I dont' have a problem with them. (the husband is dead now). I don't like Lauraine being on Paranormal State ... but she's much older now and might not realize that she's being used by a fake type tv show.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

"The Possession of Maurice Theriault" - As a child Maurice “Frenchy” Theriault lived a hard New England life, suffering long hours working on his family farm and dealing with his father’s abusive attitude, becoming more and more violent towards his son as he became older. Frenchy began to ask for help, calling upon anyone who would help him, even unknowingly asking Satan to help him. It was also during this time that he witnessed something horrific in the farm’s barn that is never explained fully but which is only hinted at as involving sex of some kind. Frenchy was forced to watch and participate in acts. Frenchy began to notice differences in himself. He had increased strength, knowledge of things he had never learned. He eventually left and floated around New England for years. In the spring of 1985 the town noticed something unusual going on with Frenchy. Blood would randomly appear in the house and on Frenchy. His unusual strength continued. The most disturbing activity was Frenchy’s bi-location. It was decided that this was a case of possession, and Bishop Robert McKenna was called in and agreed to perform an exorcism. The exorcism was successful. There are still questions about what happened on the farm in Northern Maine

Source Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org... no mention of any murder here!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Nice remark, DS, back atcha and love the avatar (as long as we're groping each other).

My "well thought out" post? Heh, it was off-the-cuff ad hoc and I could keep adding to (and editing/correcting) it until I die (and then might possess someone to keep at it). Considering the years I've spent studying the paranormal, I have too few solid conclusions about it, other than it seems to exist.

Possession, in particular, bothers me because it's so tied to religious dogma and supposedly "cured" by shaking religious items and reading religious words. More deeply, some think it's the ritual, and not the content that expels these bodiless intelligences (or programs, or thoughtforms... or?) due to the power of focused intent or due to some rules that exist somehow (and saying God wrote the rules doesn't answer much and if one is fine with that answer, fine, but it's too simplistic for me, anyway).

It is fascinating, especially when one realizes it's an occurring phenomena and not just all mental illness or suggestion... at least not at the level most skeptical folks think of it as being.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

From the sounds of it, the full tape is out there somewhere. Is it in Lorraine Warren's possession or is it in the hands of the catholic church? Usually this sort of thing somehow makes it's way to youtube. It's interesting that in this case, the full unedited footage of Maurice's exorcism seems to be currently kept under wraps.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The book is called Satans Harvest.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

You are right.

edit on 5-2-2014 by maxzen2004 because: Correction

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

There may be the full recording of the exorcism perhaps in some archive. As a rule, the Catholic Church do request all evidence to be destroyed. Obviously this is not the case as some footage remains to date.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well for a start diabolic possession is mentioned a number of times in the Bible and many other cultures and religions around the world hence why it is is tied to cultural and religious dogma.

Those who deal with diabolical possession are those who are well grounded in spiritual beliefs.

Baddogma

Possession, in particular, bothers me because it's so tied to religious dogma and supposedly "cured" by shaking religious items and reading religious words. More deeply, some think it's the ritual, and not the content that expels these bodiless intelligences (or programs, or thoughtforms... or?) due to the power of focused intent or due to some rules that exist somehow (and saying God wrote the rules doesn't answer much and if one is fine with that answer, fine, but it's too simplistic for me, anyway).

It is fascinating, especially when one realizes it's an occurring phenomena and not just all mental illness or suggestion... at least not at the level most skeptical folks think of it as being.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just read the book on Maurice's possession and found it credible yes the Warren's were present for the exorcism and it did work for a while unfortunately peace didn't stay and he committed suicide. you seem to know quite a bit about Maurice's story so I want to ask if you know ,because it didn't say in the book. what did Maurice's father get caught doing in the barn when Maurice was a child? the book never clarified but he was caught by Maurice and his mother doing something in the barn but didn't say what? it was all I know is it was called blasphemous or unholy.
do you know what it was?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004

I think there are people to debunk and smash everything here, I am just trying to share this with the ones that will like it.

I try and debunk everything I see anywhere, It's not that I don't believe in ghosts (I've had many experiences) It's that I want to find something that you can't debunk.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

In English www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

I am from Spencer Massachsetts. I remember an article in the local news paper about him going to court for child molestation. After he began to bleed from his eyes and crucifixes appeared and disappear from his body the judge ruled he was not responsible for his actions. The courthouse at the time was in Spencer and about two miles from my house. IT DID HAPPEN The local paper is the wickabog weekly or the new leader

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join