It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most authentic possesion video I have seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Warrens investigated this case of Maurice Theriault, eventually they thought the exorcism was successful but later murdered his wife and committed suicide.

I think somewhere there should be more video, help me find it.

www.youtube.com...

Lets see how many losers flag this.

edit on 3-2-2014 by maxzen2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Where some will say possession I will say mental illness. After all he was exorcised but still went on to kill his wife and himself.
Religious propaganda made to scare people to give money to the church that is all.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I have to agree with the cat washing monkey on this one
I believe its mental illness, but from what I read on it long ago.. there sure was a little to give pause as to what motivated his mental illness. Who knows I guess, but I sleep better at night thinking it is derangement and not demonic influence.

On another note.. I am NO fan of the Warrens.. or their lying, annoying, fibbing, stinking nephew.

Oh and I will give you a flag.. cause everyone needs to be a loser once in a while.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

any idea if the full footage of the exorcism is available online anywhere? I haven't been able to find it, and the segment you posted from youtube is in french. I'd like to dig a little deeper on this case.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Help me look, thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yeah, I saw that the warrens were involved and just had to shake my ..

On topic, the idea of demonic possession has always intrigued/terrified me. Coming from a very religious family, I was always told that the more one thinks about possession the more likely it is to happen, can you imagine being ten, hearing that, and trying not to think about it?!?

I too sleep easier at night believing that possessions are just misidentified mental illnesses.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Mental illness? Where it takes four grown men to hold a boy down? Yeah, mental illness can do that right?

Some would say possession is a mental illness because your mind is controlled. But if a priest can heal mental illness in the name of God, is it really mental illness? The Atheists would go crazy working that one out (Oops, that would be a difficult one)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Although rare, it happens. There's a thread where people want to be possessed by incubus/succubus for fun/sex.

I have seen and heard some creepy things and that was enough for me to learn to respect it.

I think the mass shootings are caused by some kind of possession, who can one day decide to mass murder innocent?

Good and Evil exist, paint it how ever you want.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

denybedoomed

On topic, the idea of demonic possession has always intrigued/terrified me. Coming from a very religious family, I was always told that the more one thinks about possession the more likely it is to happen, can you imagine being ten, hearing that, and trying not to think about it?!?

I too sleep easier at night believing that possessions are just misidentified mental illnesses.

I noticed the Warrens get a lot of flak around here. Why is that? Is it because of the Amityville case? They have been involved in other cases as well and I don't think their entire career should be judged solely on one case.

they managed to capture some interesting footage you can see below, which to my knowledge hasn't been conclusively debunked:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think there are people to debunk and smash everything here, I am just trying to share this with the ones that will like it.

I have read great posts on here by people like me, but you have bum skeptics on here.

Honestly, I don't know why they visit this site or bother to read. I guess they live for flagging.

The Warrens have the best accounts and great footage, read the demonologists.

Great book, as for the movies, well Hollywood has exaggerated the stories.

I think you need to keep an open mind to all of this and the negative away.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

denybedoomed

I noticed the Warrens get a lot of flak around here. Why is that? Is it because of the Amityville case? They have been involved in other cases as well and I don't think their entire career should be judged solely on one case.

they managed to capture some interesting footage you can see below, which to my knowledge hasn't been conclusively debunked:

I didnt say they were not credible and didnt mention the Amityville case. I said Im not a fan of theirs and their nephew is a dick.. cause I know John personally unfortunately.. certified pants on fire dick. He rides on his aunt and uncles coat tails and does soem shady stuff with some shady people. People flame the Warrens because they can, dont believe, theyre catholic based.. many reasons. Ask them why they dont like them... dont ask me.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Where some will say possession I will say mental illness. After all he was exorcised but still went on to kill his wife and himself.
Religious propaganda made to scare people to give money to the church that is all.

Your account is incorrect.

It was Maurice's father who murdered Maurice's mother. Maurice's father claimed to his wife before he killed her that both himself and Maurice were possessed. Maurice's father then committed suicide. Maurice bore witness and the burden to this event. It was after the murder of his mother that Maurice underwent several exorcisms. Sadly Maurice eventually committed suicide. There also seems to be a very long history of sexual abuse within the family.

This is not religious propaganda at all, more about the hype of the times with regard to the Warrens and exorcism movies.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I would have flagged you until you called that being a loser.

What's your opinion on your op anyways loser?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

edit on 4-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

This loser flagged it lol

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by violet

This loser flagged it lol

Me too. At least Im in good company.. loser.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Yup seen it with my own eyes, mental illness can give you the strength of 10 men, so a priest can cure you from it? just like the guy in the OP....nope.
I have seen what religion can do to the mentally ill, trust me it is the last thing they need, it causes more harm than good.

link   

Coincidentally i just finished watching The Conjuring, and if the 'factual' side to the movie is to be believed then Maurice was a troubled man who was abused as a child, which could explain his antics.

If you want to see some more grounded exorcisms, look for John Saffrans exorcism on youtube. He is an Aussie documentary film maker who underwent one for his TV series on religion, and it is a tad disturbing.

However Anne Michels exorcism (the basis for emily rose) takes the cake. It's only audio with accompanying photos, but it'll give you shivers down your spine, especially when you consider that this 'possession' claimed the poor girls life.

And I gave you a flag because a loser doesn't like to feel left out

edit on 4-2-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

link   

I just had to also
been called much worse

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by boymonkey74

Mental illness? Where it takes four grown men to hold a boy down? Yeah, mental illness can do that right?

Some would say possession is a mental illness because your mind is controlled. But if a priest can heal mental illness in the name of God, is it really mental illness? The Atheists would go crazy working that one out (Oops, that would be a difficult one)

You would be very surprised how strong you can be when push comes to the shove:

Focused energy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join