It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Outraged at Multicultural Coca Cola Superbowl Ad - Racist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Does coke even need commercials anymore?

But anyway.
Cola ist eklig

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Aleister
The one and only negative thing about this ad is that it's pushing addictive sugar water on people in as many languages as possible.

well played! i have to share this!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I checked, and you're correct. There is no official language at the federal level.

Now, as to your point about why would it be English, I don't agree with your reasoning. It doesn't make sense.

We nearly wiped out the native population entirely. The British colonized the United States, that's why I reasoned it would be English. Canada has two official languages, and they don't have anything to do with the natives. They have French, and English, because these were the dominant forces that colonized the land. Mexico's official language is Spanish (though there is obvious dialect from it's European tongue), because Spain was the dominant force to colonize the land.

Can you explain why you think the United States official language should be... what was it? There were many native tribes throughout this land, and they spoke different languages.

Which one, or which ones do you think we should be speaking, and why?
edit on 4-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

webedoomed

I checked, and you're correct. There is no official language at the federal level.

Now, as to your point about why would it be English, I don't agree with your reasoning. It doesn't make sense.

We nearly wiped out the native population entirely. The British colonized the United States, that's why I reasoned it would be English. Canada has two official languages, and they don't have anything to do with the natives. They have French, and English, because these were the dominant forces that colonized the land. Mexico's official language is Spanish (though there is obvious dialect from it's European tongue), because Spain was the dominant force to colonize the land.

Can you explain why you think the United States official language should be... what was it? There were many native tribes throughout this land, and they spoke different languages.

Which one, or which ones do you think we should be speaking, and why?
edit on 4-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

Personally I don't think America should have an official language because America is a melting pot. But if I had to pick one of the languages I would pick Cherokee they were one of the five civilized tribes and were already well on their way to setting up their own society that is until the Europeans showed up and screwed everything up.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I agree with the no official language due to melting pot.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Is about making profits and targeting as many consumers as possible, at the same time is about agendas, agendas and more agendas.

corporate America doesn't give a crap about nationalism or anything else just about making money.

Get it!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Our tiny island nation ( Great Britain) didn't set out with the intention of making English the "Language Of The World". It was just an unfortunate accident.

Sorry everyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Its a private company singing a song on a ad. I just cant fathom the issue. Its a private company there money and there ad.

It not like Obama wiped his arse with the American flag on live TV.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
To me the funny part was how many idiots think America the Beautiful is the National Anthem. That these were same real Americans offended is not a suprise in the least.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

First generation immigrants do. Second and third generation immigrants speak both their own house-language as well as English, and 4th generation + immigrants are just as lazy as the rest of us and only speak 'Merican.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Source
This says it better than I could. Not an offended white conservative racist, (been called that before) just think it's common courtesy to use a language we all understand and speak. Everybody seems to want to make a big issue of this. I think it would have been more beautiful to have each individual sing their part in english, to show a common ground between all American's. Do I want to "git my gun n shoot some terr' ists?" No. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

retiredTxn
Source
This says it better than I could. Not an offended white conservative racist, (been called that before) just think it's common courtesy to use a language we all understand and speak. Everybody seems to want to make a big issue of this. I think it would have been more beautiful to have each individual sing their part in english, to show a common ground between all American's. Do I want to "git my gun n shoot some terr' ists?" No. Just my opinion.

Itsa song, paid for by a private company with private funds.......

Many people speak a 2nd language deal with it.

Anyway last i checked the first amendment covered freedom of speach in all languages.
edit on 4-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

As far as I know Ellis Island was the great welcoming center. Maby Its just the explosive population that has been exponentiating throughout the world that has created challenges we weren't ready for.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

crazyewok

Anyway last i checked the first amendment covered freedom of speach in all languages.

I just expressed MY OPINION, which is covered under the 1st Amendment. Didn't say anything that should rattle yours or anyone else's cage, especially since the 1st Amendment applies to you HOW? I respected others freedoms, and expressed an opinion, that's all. Maybe I'm not the one who should learn to deal with it?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We have over 200 languages spoken here by our immigrants and most of them know and speak english. It is the one language that unites us all.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

retiredTxn

crazyewok

I just expressed MY OPINION, which is covered under the 1st Amendment. Didn't say anything that should rattle yours or anyone else's cage, especially since the 1st Amendment applies to you HOW? I respected others freedoms, and expressed an opinion, that's all. Maybe I'm not the one who should learn to deal with it?

No the 2st doesnt apply to me , but does to a us company advertising in the usa. We are talking about coke not me.
And yes you have the right but i can still call you petty

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

retiredTxn
Source

So kind of big screw you to those members of the Puerto Rican National Guard who go off defend Americe because they do not speak english and thus no common ground. The common ground between Americans is not English and anybody who thinks it is had no idea about our history or anything this nation has stood for.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I cannot imagine the depth of stupidity some folks have on this thread.

This nations is already a mixture of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 10th generations of folks from all over the place, whose ancestors spoke many different languages when they got here but their gg grandchildren speak only English now. So the experiment has already been shown to work.

So what now latecomers want some special treatment? If Italian, Irish, Swedish, Germans Ect years ago learned English whats wrong with these newcomers having to learn a common language?

People never consider that all the white people for example, that came here didn't speak English to begin with. But then say stupid things like "unless your white" ect. What dammed ignorance our educational system hath produced. The white race probably speaks in excess of 100 native languages and were not speaking English when they got here my friends.

And if thousands or non whites and whites had to learn English at some point when they came here then the rest can just as well do the same. Stop crying like little babies some of you.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Logarock
I
And if thousands or non whites and whites had to learn English at some point when they came here then the rest can just as well do the same. Stop crying like little babies some of you.

The point is Coca cola is a private company that used private funds to advertise on a private TV channel.

There is NO ISSUE.

Its not about how everyone should learn to speak english. I dont know why it is. ITS A FREAKING TV AD!
Its not like the US goverment had demanded all children sing the US athem in spanish, you may have a point if it was, but no its a FREAKING SONG IN A TV AD!.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think this was an amazing commercial! There is no need for the hatred towards it. America is full of different races and cultures. People should learn to accept that and understand what the commercial is really about...bringing people together

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join