It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16s Flying Around Universities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So a couple instances here within the past week of F-16s buzzing schools...

Last week on Thursday two F-16s buzzed Purdue University in Indiana. I don't know much else than that. I found it odd when I heard, but disregarded it.

Today, at approximatly 9:55 two F-16s buzzed Eastern Michigan University heading west, and turning north above the uni. A couple minutes later then 2 more flew by, doing the same thing.

I just find it odd that these jets are buzzing universities and now that I know it's happened in at least two places around the country, I have to know if it's happening in more. So, anyone heard anything? And does anyone have any idea in what the interest in flying over the unis all of a sudden is?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Might want to check the political pulse of the colleges, if they lean left I would suspect the fly-bys are prepping for bombing or strafing runs to wipe out what little opposition the GOP still has, after all they have been shooting up schools and dropping practice bombs on jogging trails.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Might want to check the political pulse of the colleges, if they lean left I would suspect the fly-bys are prepping for bombing or strafing runs to wipe out what little opposition the GOP still has, after all they have been shooting up schools and dropping practice bombs on jogging trails.

Political view here is predominantly liberal, it's an arts and education school after all. And where have they been shooting up schools and dropping practice bombs on jogging trails? Here in the US?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have not noticed "buzzing" schools here in NW Ohio, but over the past month or so...

F-16's coming in for landing, late at night... usually right at 10pm.. 4-6 of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
F-16's coming in for landing, late at night... usually right at 10pm.. 4-6 of them.

Isn't there an ANG base at Burlington or something? That's in NW Ohio, right?

As for what alternateheaven said before, the more I think about it I realize that the first flight was in line with the two main school buildings, while the second flight flew over where all the dorms are.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It happened again, about 45 minutes ago.

Two F-16s, low altitude, from the East to the West buzzed the school and then turned North. No second pair though.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

Please tell me you posted this as a joke.

If you have some info otherwise, we are gonna need to see it

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hey, i dont live in the north, im down here in texas at a branch of the University of Texas. We dont have f16's doing fly by's but in the past month or so i have noticed increased low level military helicopter activity. Im not up on what all the military helicopters names are but i have seen 2 attack helicopters, and a number of chinook's over the school and in the immediate area. Im certain there isnt a military base in this aea, maybe a national guard unit. Ill look into it, my friends and others find it odd because there was not much activity before the past month.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I believe that he was referring to the A-10's that mistakenly shot a few rounds into a school in New Jersey a while back.

Just remember one thing, if you can see and hear the planes you're safe. If they wanted to wipe you out you would never hear it coming.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here at WCU, in western North Carolina, we have AH-1's flying around our campus at times its cool to watch. It is told that out football and basketball arena are used for practice bombing runs from planes out of Pope AFB in eastern NC. I'm not surprised. Universities have the big arenas to use as mock targets for practice. As long as they dont break the sound barrier I dont mind, its cool to watch the Cobras go on combat manuevers here.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Maybe the Air Force is trying to excite the kids and drum up some recruitments!!!

"Wow! Those F-16's are cool as hell!"

"Yeah! We should go sign up for the Air Force!"

Sorry, I'm pretty low on good theories today guys...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I believe that he was referring to the A-10's that mistakenly shot a few rounds into a school in New Jersey a while back.

Just remember one thing, if you can see and hear the planes you're safe. If they wanted to wipe you out you would never hear it coming.

I'm pretty sure that it was an f-16 that mistook the school building for a building in its bombing range when it shot up the empty building with live, high caliber rounds.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I'm pretty sure that it was an f-16 that mistook the school building for a building in its bombing range when it shot up the empty building with live, high caliber rounds.

It was an elementary school in NJ, I believe. But I thought it just shot up some of the pavement out front of the school? By the way, it was either the summer or a holiday or weekend... there weren't any children in or near the school, for the record.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
At the Univerisity of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, At some football games we get a flyover. So some time during the proceeding week we get some practice flyovers. Also since we have a major hospital here we get Blackhawks and other helicopters doing practices on the helo pad on top of the hospital.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Maybe the Air Force is trying to excite the kids and drum up some recruitments!!!
Thumbs Up!
There is to much to that could go wrong to be playing bomb runs around live schools! I live next to Nuke plant and We have not seen a note able increase of military power around here. + I would know if something was up. It's my job.

alternateheaven.......... please say you were joking?

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
During the 50's and 60's, SAC (Strategic Air Command) would practive nuking American cities. They would do this to practice their approaches and use electronics to score the bomb impacts. Now I'm not saying that that is what these guys are doing but it's a thought.

BTW - At what altitude were the planes traveling and were there any airports nearby. Military jets do land at civillian airports from time to time for refueling if there are not any military airfields nearby. There could also be an air route through the area that the F-16's are following.

new topics

top topics

join