It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Belarusian Connection: Obamacare network vulnerable to cyber attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sounds like one of them 'Boneheaded' moves Obama was talking about.

U.S. intelligence agencies last week urged the Obama administration to check its new healthcare network for malicious software after learning that developers linked to the Belarus government helped produce the website, raising fresh concerns that private data posted by millions of Americans will be compromised.

freebeacon.com...

Yep people that super duper wonderful ACA was outsourced!

Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside knowing Government incompetence is about the only thing Americans can truly count on.

Seriously why the hell are foreign 'business' involved with Obama care ?

What Americans can't write their own software anymore ?

For crying out loud why didn't they just call Apple or Microsoft ?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Russia, behind spying? That's impossible they are the beacon of hope and transparency since taking Snowden in!

/s
edit on 3-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

boncho
reply to post by neo96

Russia, behind spying? That's impossible they are the beacon of hope and transparency since taking Snowden in!

I would say yeah most likely.

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

neo96

boncho
reply to post by neo96

I would say yeah most likely.

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

I was merely kidding of course. In light of Russian and Chinese efforts to compromise US data systems though it really does change the outlook of the current privacy crisis in the US.

While the spying allegations are damning to the government, long term outrage at the government, has the ability to overshadow threats from beyond the borders. Which is kind of a catch 22. +stories like this suggest incompetence within the government. Or to make any sense of it, broken unity.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I was merely kidding of course. In light of Russian and Chinese efforts to compromise US data systems though it really does change the outlook of the current privacy crisis in the US.

Yep the Russians have been spying since the cold war. The Chinese probably just as long.

This country has always have a severe lack of 'security'.

But the current Spies on our side sure did not help things.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

boncho
stories like this suggest incompetence within the government.

I would go a step further, and suggest deliberate malfeasance within
the government. This is far beyond anything just "boneheaded".

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by boncho

But the current Spies on our side sure did not help things.

Yes, despite all of the NSA spying, etc., and despite the high profile major hijacking of internet traffic to Belarus last year, this is how the US government found out some of the Obamacare software was allegedly developed in Belarus by state-backed developers:

Officials disclosed the software compromise last week after the discovery in early January of statements by Belarusian official Valery Tsepkalo, director of the government-backed High-Technology Park (HTP) in Minsk.

Tsepkalo told a Russian radio station in an interview broadcast last summer that HHS is “one of our clients,” and that “we are helping Obama complete his insurance reform.”

“Our programmers wrote the program that appears on the monitors in all hospitals and all insurance companies—they will see the full profile of the given patient,” Tsepkalo said June 25 on Voice of Russia Radio.
SOURCE

So the way the US government allegedly found out about it was that in January 2014 they realized that it had been publicly announced on Voice of Russia Radio in June 2013!

And what the heck does this statement mean?

White House National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said an intelligence report on the Belarusian software was “recalled by the intelligence community shortly after it was issued.”
SOURCE

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Obama, helping Russians get back to work since 2009.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Seeing this pop us today on several news sources...

It seems it includes "medical software" as well as the Obamacare crap?

This is starting to feel really bad to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

It sounds like it affects (or potentially affects) all of the software pieces, not just the Obamacare website but also the software in doctors' offices and hospitals, insurance companies, and even the IRS because all of these pieces have to connect and communicate with the Obamacare systems.

Doctors' offices and hospitals in the US have had to have their systems compliant for quite a while now. They have apparently been sending your personal data to the federal government for a year or two now if you've been to a doctor or hospital that had compliant software.

I found out when I was at the doctor's office for some minor thing and the nurse was asking me strange and completely unrelated questions. If I remember right, it was questions like, 'Are there any guns in your home?' 'Do you ever feel depressed?' 'Does anyone in your hpme hurt or scare you?' I asked what they were doing with the information she was typing into the computer. You guessed it, she said their new software automatically sent the answers to the federal government and that they were potentially subject to large fines if they did not do so... large enough fines to put a smaller doctor's office out of business.

Yeah, this is starting to feel really bad to me too.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

WOW!

Those are unrelated and absolutely invasive questions!

The only thing the Dr's office I visted for a "yearly" seemed to be exceptionally "concerned" about was receiving payment.

Through no fault of mine,ie, I never received notice of any balance due from Dr. or insurance co. I apparently had a "balance" of $18.67 cents due from the last office visit.

Was told that I would NOT be "allowed" to see the Dr. that day (mind you, the apt. had been scheduled months in advance with no mention of this horrific balance due
unless I paid the amount due in full "prior to my being seen."

This is at the office of a DR. I have been a patient of for 20 years...he was actually embarrased when I mentioned it and apologized profusely.

I would NOT have answered any questions not directly related to my medical care/ability to pay and would have probably walked out if they persisted...wow...it's like you dont' even have the "right" to say "no" anymore?

I sense something MUCH larger at play and cannot believe people still "believe" in this chit!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

irishchic

Yep, and they have now moved the investigation of it in
Congress to closed doors.

Reading between the lines, this is looking like espionage.
I did some digging, its really bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Belarus is a totalitarian authoritarian republic.

They have a super strong KGB.

I think Obama has more in common with "ex"-USSR principals than many would like to imagine.

Putin is a "former" KGB officer.

I'm not surprised that the U.S. is using services from that agenda.

Obama.Backdoor.guv

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Absolutely!
Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we practice to deceive.
But will they be able to find out who is responsible, and hold anyone accountable?

I can hear it now " I dont know" "we have no idea" "what difference does it make?".

This actually ties back to known spies.
Something is starting to smell real fishy, as in rotten.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

burntheships

irishchic

Yep, and they have now moved the investigation of it in
Congress to closed doors.

Reading between the lines, this is looking like espionage.
I did some digging, its really bad.

It IS espionage and it is internal and it is rampant and it is deliberate and it is irreversible. People say that we have the government that we deserve; well, we chose a President with zero background and the best spin-doctor that I have ever seen (or read about).

Weird thing about all of this (the election and re-election of Obama) is that many of us could very clearly see the danger in electing him (very much OUTSIDE of partisanship and more of a danger to our entire nation), yet he had (and has) an entire army of people and organizations that protected his image and were very successful in promoting him into the most powerful position in the entire world. This army of people was like none I have ever read of, from anything in history that I have read or learned of. His was the most successful, most intelligent, and best organized coup in the world's history.

Ugh, sorry...I'm getting off-topic here. But, I just feel it is so important to fully understand the entire picture here. It's not about who was/is right, nor who can sling the most mud. I truly feel devastated that my beloved county and fellow citizens are about to become the model future generations of humans will be studying to the tilt; from anthropologist to psychologists, to world leaders.

Bottom line: I do still believe that Obama, and those that surround him, are working with (not against) Russia and its allies. * have ALWAYS felt this way. The cold war never ended, it just refocused and the enemy is/was more intelligent that we fathomed.
edit on 4-2-2014 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join