It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Break Teen's Arm For Not Leaving School Bus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by Bedlam

And......

They all lost their jobs right?

If they'd have been able to identify who did it as in this video of the cops, yeah, they would. As it was, it went on for weeks before they realized they couldn't identify how it happened.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Lol again, to live in your hindsight... This isn't the future yet, cops can't know about EVERY condition a person has. As for the armbar, verbal commands usually come with that.... But what do I know lol.

Lol this one off, chuck:

The two cops waited on the bus for an ambulance to arrive to take the teenager to Ellis Hospital for a mental health evaluation.

That plan was verbally approved by the woman believed to be Gocheski's mother.

Ryan tried to engage Gocheski, who sat in silence, with his head down. "What are we going to do here?" Ryan asked. "You can either walk off the bus, or we can drag you off the bus, strap you on a stretcher and take you to Ellis Hospital. You can walk off the bus like a young man or we can hog-tie you."

What part of "they knew what was going on" was unclear here? Sure seems like they knew about THIS particular condition. I don't see any way to squirm out. Lol.

Kid should've cooperated. Didn't. Got his arm broke. Cops tried talking nicely, didn't work out.

That poor poor misunderstood kid...

Maybe in cop world, the only way to deal with a situation is with excessive force. And again, no feedback, no improvement. Other professionals can deal with it. Maybe cops just don't know how.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Please delete, people won't listen one way or another.
edit on 5-2-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Exactly, typical thug-cop mentality.... itching to bully a weaker person and physically assault them, all in the name of the law.

Pathetic!!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree with this. Since 9/11 the "perceived danger" of just about everything has been overblown. WHY? Is it really about security..or control?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That'll teach him some respect!! Damn oversensitive society. 16 year old disturbed my behind.. He would get smacked across the face back in my days.

But knowadays everything must be politically correct and those cops should have waited for the psychologist to arrive.. riiight.

And why? Because a dumb kid just decided that he won't get out of a Bus.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Hellas
That'll teach him some respect!! Damn oversensitive society. 16 year old disturbed my behind.. He would get smacked across the face back in my days.

But knowadays everything must be politically correct and those cops should have waited for the psychologist to arrive.. riiight.

And why? Because a dumb kid just decided that he won't get out of a Bus.

I know right? And women knew their place and minorities couldn't vote and men were men....

Ahhh The good 'ole days.

*rolls eyes*

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You still know your place. Stop whining and keep those eyes rollin'..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

but that doesn't fit the agenda... bad cops.. bad cops... ohhhhh...

Well said, elevatedone!

Too many refuse to look deeper into accusations of abuse like this and instead parrot the lies. I guess the OP thought nobody would call her out on this one sided report. The “facts” in the OP were intentionally taken out of context (not surprising) to push an agenda. What is surprising is the OP used the word “sheeple” in an article purposely written FOR ‘sheeple’ to swallow without question.

Oh…the irony!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Exactly, typical thug-cop mentality.... itching to bully a weaker person and physically assault them, all in the name of the law.

Pathetic!!

How can we be on PAGE 4 of a thread and still have people ignoring the facts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video from the bus showed Sgt. Daniel Ryan and Officer Ronald Armstrong talking for nearly 15 minutes to Gocheski, who wore a camouflage hoodie and kept his head down as he sat alone in a bus seat two rows back from the driver, who worked for Mohonasen Transportation.

Police were called after the driver said he felt he could not safely transport Gocheski to school at Parsons Child and Family Center, "based on threats that the student made in an aggressive manner," police said in the release.

That doesn’t show a “typical thug-cop mentality” at all. It sounds like they gave the kid every opportunity to avoid a physical confrontation.

Meh…

He got what he deserved. Next time he should consider joining society and acting like a rationale human being.

(post by HandyDandy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes... I read all that crap, thanks, I'm not new to the thread.
As I said before, they were ok until they broke his arm.... they were slightly intimidating in their language and were basically saying move or we'll assault you, which they did.

They were well aware of his mental issues and they could have waited for professional help to arrive.
His meds were apparently an issue and they were clearly aware he had mental health issues, if you condone this assault on a mentally unwell person, then I can't help you.

OMG!!! A whole 15 minutes? Get a grip.

15 minutes is nothing.

Their response was excessive and pointless.

I'm not saying they didn't try to start with, but just because they're not getting anywhere, doesn't mean they had to break his arm, it was intentional and cruel.
The could have just grabbed his arms and legs and carried him off.... or many other things, they were two, big, burly guys, twisting his arm up at an angle when they already had him is just plain nasty.

seabag

He got what he deserved. Next time he should consider joining society and acting like a rationale human being.

I know right? Those pesky mental health issues... if only he were Normal like everyone else.
edit on 5/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Only thing those statements prove is that the police tried and even gave the kid a chance. That kid made his choice. He now has a broken arm to remember.

As for the part where the cops aren't trained in handling mental folk, that his a correct assumption.

Lets see. A medical professional with 2 plus years vs a cops 10 weeks makes the cops experts in dealing with every mentally disturbed person. LOL!

Cops did what they were trained for. Not the cops fault that kid was dumb and didn't know when to stop being a pest.

If I were those cops and knew that kid was mental, I would have waited for momma to come control that kid.

Or tassed him...but then this thread would be 'cops tazzed mentally disturbed kid on bus'

But some people hate cops so much, they see suspects as innocent victims of the man.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

blupblup
I know right? Those pesky mental health issues... if only he were Normal like everyone else.

Blupblup: Not singling you out or anything , but your above quote is something that I've been wondering about for some time, you just happened to bring it to light.

If these kids are so disturbed that they are unable to function in normal society, then should we go about establishing schools that are designed to cater to their issues? No doubt they only serve as a distraction in the public school setting and these schools are ill-prepared to deal with them.

For example, in a large high school you may have 30-50 special needs children. Now I'm not speaking of removing the physically handicapped from public schools, as their mental capacity to learn is not impaired. Rather remove the ones that (now lets be honest) will never truly contribute to society.

There is a difference between being born with no legs (knew a girl like that in High School, she graduated in the top 10) and having to wear oven mitts so you don't eat your fingers (knew another kid like that in High School).

Simply put, operating one central facility would allow for better and safer care while trying to 'educate' these kids.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

It's a good question and in a larger context deserves conversation - however in this particular situation the kid did attend school in a day treatment setting, that's what Parson's child family treatment center is (day treatment, residential, mental health facility)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
Lets see. A medical professional with 2 plus years vs a cops 10 weeks makes the cops experts in dealing with every mentally disturbed person. LOL!

Not expecting them to provide therapy or an intervention. Unless you call breaking his arm intentionally an intervention.

Cops did what they were trained for.

I agree with you there, 100%

But some people hate cops so much, they see suspects as innocent victims of the man.

You see this kid as a suspect?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Making verbal threats makes you a suspect when the person you made those threats to calls the police.

So yes, that kid is a suspect. Innocent until proven guilty usually means you are a suspect until proven guilty or cleared...

But I don't live in your Utopia of everyone is a victim of the police.

I dislike anyone who abuses the system to their own desires. That boys parents are trying to do such things. Saps usually support them. The kid was a pest, his family supported it. Society laws and responses took care of it. His family is trying, again, to support his behavior while ignoring the fact that he, from his list of ailments, is a problem to the populace. That populace has no care for dealing with his special conditions.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

After reading your post, I honestly don't feel I can have a conversation with you, but I'll try anyway.
Why would someone "never contribute to society" because they have mental health issues as a teenager?
That makes no sense.

Many creative people have mental health issues when they're young and throughout their lives.
Artists, Actors, poets, Musicians are all notoriously prone to mood sings, depression, anxiety etc.....and I'd say they contribute massively to society.

To essentially write off a section of young people because they have some issues, is a disgraceful suggestion.
I would rather we sent people who think like you off to live away from society, and let the decent, caring, kind folks get on with their lives
edit on 6/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

elevatedone
reply to post by stargatetravels

Not excusing it... see my post above yours... it was an accident a terrible accident.

Terrible accident? from what I am seeing here, it is either the cop forgot about how human bone structure works, or he actually twisted the kids arm on purpose for it to break.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join