It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Break Teen's Arm For Not Leaving School Bus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
$1M lawsuit after troubled teen's arm broken by police in removal from school bus

Rotterdam police allegedly broke the arm of an emotionally disturbed 16-year-old boy after two cops tried to remove him by force from a school bus he refused to leave, and a video revealed the cracking sound of a bone followed by the teenager's moans and shouted expletives.

The video shows the kid sitting there, not moving, not making any threats, doing nothing. The cops, obviously tired of not being obeyed like the little sheep should have, decided it was time to be big manly men and get him out of the seat. And break his arm.

Seriously, without government, who would break the arms of children?

/TOA

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I don't know what happened in recent years but polices forces are getting more and more rough, they were used to be called Peace Keeper and they are now Order Forces... This is a HUGE difference.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

more to the story

The video from the bus showed Sgt. Daniel Ryan and Officer Ronald Armstrong talking for nearly 15 minutes to Gocheski, who wore a camouflage hoodie and kept his head down as he sat alone in a bus seat two rows back from the driver, who worked for Mohonasen Transportation.

Police were called after the driver said he felt he could not safely transport Gocheski to school at Parsons Child and Family Center, "based on threats that the student made in an aggressive manner," police said in the release.

and...

I haven't seen him quite this defiant in quite a long time," a woman believed to be the mother was heard to say from outside the bus, captured by the bus video camera.

The two cops waited on the bus for an ambulance to arrive to take the teenager to Ellis Hospital for a mental health evaluation.

That plan was verbally approved by the woman believed to be Gocheski's mother.

Ryan tried to engage Gocheski, who sat in silence, with his head down. "What are we going to do here?" Ryan asked. "You can either walk off the bus, or we can drag you off the bus, strap you on a stretcher and take you to Ellis Hospital. You can walk off the bus like a young man or we can hog-tie you."

Ryan added, "You're making all these other kids late for school."

"I don't give a (expletive). I don't give a (expletive)," Gocheski said.

but that doesn't fit the agenda... bad cops.. bad cops... ohhhhh...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

"You can either walk off the bus, or we can drag you off the bus, strap you on a stretcher and take you to Ellis Hospital. You can walk off the bus like a young man or we can hog-tie you."

...now does that sound like the proper way to handle a delicate situation?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wish people would stop calling the cops to deal with a mental health issue/crisis - cops aren't counselors and they should not be asked to be...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

So?

Was he violent? Defiant?

Based upon what you yourself posted, he just sat there, doing nothing. Does that warrant being dragged off and his arm broken? I argue no.

Had he stood up and confronted the cops with a "get back!" i might could justify it, but sitting with his hoodie on not being physical...cops should have waited for the paramedics or whatever.

But no, they had to act, because they like control. And they don't like people to ignore what they tell—order—them.

You DO what a cop tells you, even if you just want to sit alone. Or else it's "justified" how they react. *eye roll*

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

According to the story, he made threats... the driver decided he could not transport the boy safely
therefore calling the authorities who waited over 15 minutes for him to get off the bus on his own.

How long should they sit there, 3 or 4 days ?

His arm got broke, that is awful in itself and I really do feel bad about that.

I think this is just another attempt to "bash" cops.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread996135/pg1#pid175055by elevatedone[/url]

So you're excusing them breaking a 16 year olds arm because he had an attitude problem?
edit on 3-2-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Not excusing it... see my post above yours... it was an accident a terrible accident.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

stargatetravels

So you're excusing them breaking a 16 year olds arm because he had an attitude problem?

So how should they have gotten him off the bus - pepper spray? taser?

Why did he threaten the driver?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

elevatedone

calling the authorities who waited over 15 minutes for him to get off the bus on his own.

Why would it take mental health professionals 3 or 4 days to get there?
That's just crazy, they decided to go all brute force, why wait, why take lip off a punk kid, huh?
This isn't about bashing cops, it's about highlighting their excessive tactics and brutality and gung ho BS
edit on 3-2-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Going to delete this one, it was too far off topic.

On topic: People should be very careful with young children's bones. Even if breaking the kid's arm was an accident, it shouldn't have happened in the first place. They could have sent in a social worker to talk him out of the bus, he was probably scared.

edit on 3-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think ElevatedOne provided some great context to this story that must be taken into account.

At least the kid wasn't shot, but I suspect that we will see the same outrage over this broken arm.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What could they have done? Call in another bus driver to pick up the children left on the bus and then drive him on the bus to the mental facility.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The kid's meds were being adjusted. Diagnosis includes emotional disorder/s, bipolar and PDD. Sounds like he was attending a day treatment school program at Parsons, wonder that he should have been in Residential until his meds were stabilized...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

elevatedone
reply to post by Liquesence

According to the story, he made threats... the driver decided he could not transport the boy safely
therefore calling the authorities who waited over 15 minutes for him to get off the bus on his own.

His arm got broke, that is awful in itself and I really do feel bad about that.

I think this is just another attempt to "bash" cops.

I don't think it has so much to do with the cops then it does the lead up to them being there. In school we had plenty of kids that threatened and/or beat up other kids. Usually the ones that made threats weren't the ones who were actually aggressive though.

And in any case, you might end up in the principals office or the "counsellor" would talk to you when you got to school. But all these things were manageable by adults without calling the police.

Interpersonal skills seem completely lost these days.
edit on 3-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

15 whole minutes?!? A lifetime!

Statists gonna state. Good job.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

LadySkadi
The kid's meds were being adjusted. Diagnosis includes emotional disorder/s, bipolar and PDD. Sounds like he was attending a day treatment school program at Parsons, wonder that he should have been in Residential until his meds were stabilized...

Didn't see this post till after mine.

There you go.

You can go one further and ask yourself why the hell all these disorders arise in the first place, and if the drugs even help. (Not saying the don't help address symptoms, instead the root cause.)

"Chemical imbalance." Ah yes. Like the chemical imbalances I can give myself through environmental factors? See: Low testosterone, PTSD, etc, etc, etc…

Chemical imbalances can be affected by more than just drugs.

edit on 3-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 3-2-2014 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

link   

Pulling someone's arm behind them to the point of breaking is not an accident. It is intentional. Police know how much force it takes to break bones and joints, and he exceeded that. The kid's mouth doesn't excuse him being a child.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join