It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden exposing the NSA from Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
This guy is a criminal . He is not a god. Do we really need to glorify a traitor

How is he a traitor for exposing that the government is violating the constitution and your rights? It seems to me that would make him the opposite of a traitor and would make you a blind government loyalist.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

And I don't consider Snowden running to Russia, and China, and whining about what the US do as doing 'something'.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

One man's traitor....

Is another man's Freedom Fighter.

It is difficult to find honor in today's elected officials.

It is our fault. Freedom isn't Free. We just quit paying the bill.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

neo96

And I don't consider Snowden running to Russia, and China, and whining about what the US do as doing 'something'.

What was he meant to do? Keep quiet and do nothing?

If not much has changed it not because he hadnt doen anything it because the US pubic have failed to take action and instead remained silient like the yellow bellowed cowards that they are. O and yes I,m coward too. Infact most of us are. But il admit it.

[SNIP]
edit on 2/5/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What was he meant to do?

How about not running to the two most tyrannical states that make the US look like amateur hour.

Russia, and China ?

The two biggest spying regimes in the world. The two most tyrannical despotism regimes the world has ever seen.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

neo96

What was he meant to do?

How about not running to the two most tyrannical states that make the US look like amateur hour.

Russia, and China ?

The two biggest spying regimes in the world. The two most tyrannical despotism regimes the world has ever seen.

First it was HongKong not china, I know that may be a hard concept to grasp with American education but they are diffrent.

Secound who else was he going to run too? The USA has almost every country in there pocket. If he had tried anywhere in the EU he would have been extridited and he tried south america and they didnt want him. He was left with nowhere else to run.
edit on 5-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And a little history leason.

Your founding fathers went to there worst enemys for help (the french), enemys that only a few decades before had tried stealing there lands and blocking there trade.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

First it was HongKong not china

What ? Hong Kong isn't a part of China ?

Since when ?

Control was returned in 1997.

Secound who else was he going to run too? T

Not these guys:

Russia is a corrupt, autocratic kleptocracy centred on the leadership of Vladimir Putin, in which officials, oligarchs and organised crime are bound together to create a "virtual mafia state", according to leaked secret diplomatic cables that provide a damning American assessment of its erstwhile rival superpower.

www.theguardian.com...

Russia and its intelligence agencies are using mafia bosses to carry out criminal operations such as arms trafficking, according to allegations contained in the US embassy cables released by WikiLeaks.

www.theguardian.com...

The USA has almost every country in there pocket.

And Russia and China don't ?

What a joke.
edit on 5-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by neo96

And a little history leason.

Your founding fathers went to there worst enemys for help (the french), enemys that only a few decades before had tried stealing there lands and blocking there trade.

Don't you mean your founding fathers the British who stole their lands like Hong Kong, and ruled it for over 150 years?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

neo96

What ? Hong Kong isn't a part of China ?

Since when ?

Control was returned in 1997.

Semi control . Hong Kong more or less run themselfs. Chinese law and goverment are diffrent to Hong Kong. But as I said I thought there would be trouble understanding the concept.

neo96

And Russia and China don't ?

Russia and HONG KONG wouldnt extridite him. The rest of the world likley would infear of US wrath. EU would exridite him on the spot due to being the USA BFF's , so would Australia, Japan and canada for the same reasons. So what does that live? South america? Ok he tried that, they didnt want him for fear of politcal backlash so that leaves Africa or the ME? Yeah very safe the usa would not dare send a CIA hit team or drone in those places. Fact is HONG KONG and russia offerd and place safe from exridition and the US military and possibly CIA.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

neo96

Don't you mean your founding fathers the British who stole their lands like Hong Kong, and ruled it for over 150 years?

HAHA what weird warped history have you been reading

Unless your a Native american then sorry your ancestors did the stealing too!

Sorry but the founding fathers were British! Washington was originaly a British officer who fought the french! Its only after 1776 you can call them American.

Before 1776 the worst enemys of America were the French! read up on the 7 year war. It wasnt until 1770's when the "worst" enemy changed from the french to the goverment.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Semi control . Hong Kong more or less run themselfs. Chinese law and goverment are diffrent to Hong Kong. But as I said I thought there would be trouble understanding the concept.

What's not to understand ?

Spells it out rather clear here:

www.nytimes.com...

'China resumes control of Hong Kong.

Russia and HONG KONG wouldnt extridite him. The rest of the world likley would infear of US wrath. E

Wrath of the Us ?

That was hilarious.

Fact is HONG KONG and russia offerd and place safe from exridition and the US military and possibly CIA.

Russia mob controlled FSB, and China's MSS 'offered' a 'safe' place.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

HAHA what weird warped history have you been reading

How's that saying the Brithsh didn't conquer Hong Kong and ruled it for over 150 years ?

There is that most infamous saying,' The sun never set on the British Empire'.

Unless your a Native american then sorry your ancestors did the stealing too!

Is there a point ?

Americans learned that from the British.

Before 1776 the worst enemys of America were the French! read up on the 7 year war. It wasnt until 1770's when the "worst" enemy changed from the french to the government.

Learned this from the British too.

Hundred year war comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

neo96

What's not to understand ?

Spells it out rather clear here:

www.nytimes.com...

'China resumes control of Hong Kong.

Yes but Hong Kong is left to run itself with its own rules, own taxes and own goverment. Living in Hong Kong is alot difrent to say living in china.

Tomoroow china could sieze total control of Hong Kong but until they do Hong Kong is most ways a diffrent place.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Typical you miss the point as useall.

My point is even the founding fathers of america had to seek the help of former if not current enemys (the French) to beat the tyranical goverment they were fighting (The British)

If the US now is to stand up to your tyranical goverment, then maybe you may have to see help too from former enemys. Pride does not win wars.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by neo96

Typical you miss the point as useall.

My point is even the founding fathers of america had to seek the help of former if not current enemys (the French) to beat the tyranical goverment they were fighting (The British)

If the US now is to stand up to your tyranical goverment, then maybe you may have to see help too from former enemys. Pride does not win wars.

Miss the GD point of something ACTUALLY was done ?

Not a damn thing HAS changed.

The only thing Snowden did was run to two bigger spies, and corrupt governments.

Big bad evil American government shrugged it off, and is still the same as it ever was.

I am sure Snowden will get a 'cool' movie made about him like Assange did.

Back to business as usual.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If nothing was done then it because the public are too cowardly or too stupid to stand up to the tyrants in control.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by neo96

If nothing was done then it because the public are too cowardly or too stupid to stand up to the tyrants in control.

Stood up to your country didn't we ?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

neo96
[
Stood up to your country didn't we ?

Is that all you got? Pathetic.

Resting on past laurels is laughable at best.

That was over 200 years ago by ancestors that are long dead.

This is 2014, you have a overberaing and tyranical goverment back that would make even George III blush. And yet your doing nothing?

Rome rested on it past laurels look where it got them?

PS
Britain also stood up you guys and won, read up war of 1812.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I am a veteran and most would call me a patriot. I believe in supporting the commander no matter who he is or what party he is in. The time for complaints and such is at election time. I am a true independent and a rare animal today.

But unlike snarl I can admit Snowden did the country a favor. It is sad that he had to break the law to bring it into the light. Like snarl I spent most of my life serving and working in DOD world. Anyone working for them knows there is no way to bring things into the light that are being done wrong.

If anyone says there is they do not know what they are talking about. Yes, there is supposed to be a legal Avenue for whistle blowers etc. But the reality is much different. You would quickly be fired and things swept under the rug so to speak. I personally saw this happen and worse many times over the years.

You simply don't complain or try bring to light information like this. Snowden did this at great risk to himself.

You even have clapper lie to Congress on national tv and nothing happens to him. That should tell you something. It has been shown that collection of this data did not lead to a single terrorist or stop any event. This too was a bold face lie to the public. This is about our privacy and right to said.

What is sad is that his sacrifice has been for nothing. It has changed nothing because we are so apathetic. We should have been so outraged and the protest so large and loud that it forced change.

The Bot

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join