It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arafat Nephew - NO POISON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Arafat's Nephew has the medical records.
He says that Arafat WAS NOT poisoned.
But ... the Nephew is whining that Israel
was responsible for Arafat's death nontheless.

OH BROTHER! Arafat's lifestyle, combined
with his age, killed him. Geeeeeeze! This
is soooooo dumb! Arafat's lifestyle was his
own doing. Arafat choose to be a murdering
terrorist. He choose to engage in unprotected
gay sex. He choose to live a putrid way of
life that lead to his being in that compound for
years without proper food and medicine.

ARAFAT himself, and time, is what killed him.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Excerpt -

Nephew: Arafat records don't show poisoning
The Associated Press
Nov. 22, 2004

PARIS - Yasser Arafat�s medical records give no clear cause
of death but show that toxicology tests appeared to rule out
poisoning, his nephew said Monday.

At a news conference in Paris, Nasser al-Kidwa pinned some of
the blame for the death of the longtime Palestinian leader on his
long confinement in his West Bank compound.

�I believe the Israeli authorities are largely responsible for what
happened,� he said, shortly after he took possession of the
medical files from French authorities.

Al-Kidwa said toxicology tests were conducted but �no poisons
known to doctors were found.�

He also said that the files gave no clear diagnosis for Arafat�s death
on Nov. 11 in a Paris military hospital.

[edit on 11/22/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I thought the widow got the medical files.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That�s the opposite of what I�ve heard from norwegian news-sources. They say that he said the report did not state the cause of death. He was not poisoned by "any poision known by the french doctors", but he "did not rule out poisoning"... Now how about that? Another "dead/not dead" situation here?

Aftenposten: Arafats nev� utelukker ikke forgiftning (In norwegian... headline translated: "Arafat�s nephew does not rule out poisoning"...)

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I thought the widow got the medical files.

An article on CNN.com addresses this and states:

His nephew took possession of the records Monday morning, despite objections from Arafat's widow, Suha.

It can be found at: www.cnn.com...

Furthermore, according to FOX his nephew took a copy of the records not in his capacity as nephew but rather in his capacity representing the Palestinian Authority. Mrs. Arafat has already threatened the hospital, which is not a shock.

In reference to the Norwegian article I think that the author of that article might not have analyzed the statement from Arafat's nephew properly. Both the CNN article above, and one at FOX news quote the same exact statement of

"I am not asserting anything but we are not in a position to exclude anything given the facts," said al-Kidwa.

What does that mean? It means that as stated in every news source I have read, no poison was found in the toxicology examination at all. People will be able to speculate and make statements like "Israel used some mysterious unknown untracable substance that they miraculously got Arafat to ingest" and no one will ever be able to prove it one way or the other. That's the point of statements that are speculative to the extreme. They can never be proved one way or another. The bottom line is those who wish to blame Israel for everything this side of the sun will continue to do so regardless of medical reports and there is very little purpose to attempt to dispute theories that have no evidence to begin with.

[edit on 11-22-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

He choose to engage in unprotected gay sex.
WHHHAAAAAAAAA?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The bottom line is those who wish to blame Israel for everything this side of the sun will continue to do so regardless of medical reports and there is very little purpose to attempt to dispute theories that have no evidence to begin with.

I actually think (but that�s just my guess) that he got poisoned by some of "his own". But like you said, no evidence and speculations and so on...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

I actually think (but that�s just my guess) that he got poisoned by some of "his own".

I would be more inclined to believe that as well, for 2 reasons. One, the sheer difficulty of poisoning a person you do not have direct access to would require methods that would be impossible to limit to one person without inside help. Two, the comments by Mrs. Arafat about her husband's counterparts trying to "bury him alive." She apparently felt something was up when squabbles for power arose so soon after he took ill, meaning perhaps these guys "knew" he was on the way out.

But yes, it is all speculation and will remain that way.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Poisining seems more out of it then any other theory unless it was a conspiracy possibly from his wife.

A more understandable aspect would be that he had AIDS. Could be the reason for such a delay in the cause of death, would cause uprising among palestinians and their anti-gay views.

top topics

join