It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An obamacare story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here's a utube link to a news story in Pennsylvania.
If someone could post the video it would be appreciated. I haven't figured out how to do it on my ipad.

youtu.be...

Elections have consequences.
I hope that this is an isolated story but I doubt it is. The employer mandate will kick in after the 2014 midterm elections, which was conveniently postponed by the president. That's going to impact businesses and employees pocket books.

hang on! it's gunna be a bumpy ride!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Here is the video:

This isn't just for this business. My wife just found out that our premium will increase 35% this year. Our deductible doubled from 1250 to 2500, and our copay went up as well. The worst part of it all is the limitations they have put on the coverage. We now have caps on how much will be covered by the insurance company and anything over and above that we are now responsible for.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Thanks for the link.
My family insurance has been hit to, so I feel ya.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't think my husband's company policy got caps, but we did see our deductible double. I don't know what the premium did. He was assuming it would go up last I checked but hadn't seen the increase yet.

We're just waiting for the shoe to drop next year and find out that we're losing coverage.

I know his company does its best to do right, but the costs imposed by this damn law are so high, I don't see how anyone has any right expect even the best company to continue coverage.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm nervous because I'm covered under my dad's insurance through his union, but I don't know how that is going to go.

I just hope I get some work in after Thursday.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Obamacare will be the last straw for many Americans that are just barely hanging on as it is.

What is the solution? The GOP go after getting it voided or drastically changed? Not likely. Personally, I think that it is too late for governmental politics to work wonder on the situation. Plenty of the middle and lower class folks are unset for several reasons and we can read on ATS about all sorts of scenarios, some violent and drastic, that can be imagined for American's near future. But there are other ways to achieve change that work virtually overnight at times when the cause is right and just.

Plain, old, non-violent civil disobedience works. It worked brilliant with civil rights and it can work again. Not just marches and bus caravans to DC, but with organized work stoppages across the nation of various kinds. In a less visible way, but yet effective way would be the outright refusal en masse of American's to join into the plans. If half of the country today that are (and will remain) uninsured can go to the emergency room and still get treatment, why not everybody? such tactics would be about the least painful to the common citizen than any of the other possibilities. The US is becoming a powder keg with multiple fuses trailing here and there across our society. We should hope one of the lesser "solutions" gets the nod.

And I'm not going to debate what I've said above. I'm done with the thread.

top topics

join