It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,600-year-old step pyramid uncovered in Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by Quadrivium

Why do you think that if it came to light that the pyramids were 12k years old it would impact Christianity?

According to some, earth timeline can be traced in the bible to around 6k years from the creation in genesis, that's why older structures would be a problem to that line of reasoning
edit on 4-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Yes it would be problematic for some Christians but not Christianity.
The young earth theory has been around since around 120 AD (?). That being said it has only had a really strong following over the last 100 to 200 years or so.
Quad

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here a documentary of how a french architect thinks the great pyramid was build, maybe it has been posted before but its a nice theory

Of course this only explain the great pyramid as it is the only one with the inner pathways this theory requires

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I was just reading this on RT this morning, before heading to a client. Looks pretty amazing and facinating. it must be such a thrill to be the one doing the excavation work, and finding these great monuments and artifacts.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Honestly I think the answer is in your own line of question: Why would he be constructing multiple pyramids at the same time, or near same time? Why spend the money and manpower?

Why not? He was Pharaoh. He was a God amongst men, the living embodiment of their world. Many rulers in history of put massive resources at questionable projects - simply because they had the means to back up their vainglory.

I know it's almost too cute or simple an answer; but the reality is that they did have huge resources in terms of manpower and access to the material. So if you couple that with their purported religious beliefs then it's reasonable to assume that they would field a number of projects in his name.

Or, as Bender said: "Hey if you spend your whole life building a guy's toe then you're gonna remember him."

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I mentioned in another thread, why are there no hieroglyphs or statue's or any kind of recordings of this massive feat. You would think a leader who had 4 pyramids being built at the same time, would want to be remembered of this. Even funerary hieroglyphs show all the festivities up to the burial, but why not the making of the "tomb?"

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ToxicJane

Perhaps because 3 were a failure and just one worked out?

I would not like to sign my failures
edit on 5-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

This is one seems interesting due to the fact that they state that the Ancient Egyptians had abandoned it, until something came to Egypt to help them out with the pyramids?

edit on 5-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join