It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save the earth, burn more oil!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am writing this to correct all the misinformation rampantly taking over about the drilling for, and use of crude oil. For years now all I have heard is, "stop the oil drilling", "buy more fuel efficient cars, your killing the environment". These people are speaking without thinking and their ignorance is spreading like a wild fire. Tell me, what do they think is going to happen if we do stop drilling for and using oil. Will it just sit there under ground complacent and never rise to the surface?

I have scoured every dark corner of the internet to bring you the real truth behind why we drill for oil, and why we should never quit. The "environmentalists" have buried the truth well in their attempt to control the people by controlling the fuel for their greatest addiction, vehicles. What many don't know is that these "environmentalists" are simply paid shills by the oil companies to drive up the price of oil by shutting down as much of our oil reserves as possible.

Believe it or not, before we drilled for oil it was still used very widely. Now I know what your thinking, "how could we possibly have used something that only exists far below the earths crust, completely trapped there by the rock layer above it?". Well that oil is by far not completely trapped below the surface. It seeps up through cracks wreaking havoc on the environment, and destroying wildlife. Such things have been known about and exploited by man for his use for at least 40,000 years all over the world. Proof of this here. The only reason this is no longer common knowledge is because of oil drilling, these natural seeps have all but disappeared on land.

Land, however, is not the only place where these seeps occur. As you know there are many oil wells in the ocean also, why do you think that is? Are they tapping into a deep underground supply which they could only find with modern technology? NO!!!! They are protecting the worlds oceans by removing this filth that continuously releases into the water destroying the marine life there. These oceanic seeps are even more dangerous than the ones on land, since the oil is lighter than the water it rises, spreads out and floats around. It has been estimated that anywhere from 8 to 80 times the amount of oil in the Exxon Valdez oil spill seeps out into just the Santa Barbara channel alone.

We must end this destruction of nature! We must save nature from herself! We must cut this cancer from the land and burn it to ensure it never returns! If we fail to do this we may see more natural disasters of an unprecedented scale such as the Rancho La Brea, and McKittic tar pits in California among others located around the world. Help end this madness, put your "fuel efficient" car in the garage and drive your 8 mpg truck instead.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterOfTheDamned

Damn the green brigade baby.....this oil needs drilling NOW !!
Fill up those tanks, in fact, double fill up those tanks, burn it 24/7 !!

Or else.....

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I'll bet you anything that's what really killed the dinosaurs.
If left unchecked this stuff will congregate on the earths surface, and after being exposed to the sun for an extended period of time, will take on a consciousness of it's own. It is the anti life, it's only desire is to torture and destroy all life. The day our dependencies on petroleum come to an end we will all be doomed

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your cheque is in the mail.
Good job, soldier !

Now go take a 5-day furlough, you've earned it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is pretty ridiculous. The burning of oil is far more damaging to the environment and the ecosystem than these seeps. Oil had been around for millions of years and yes seeps are bad for the environment and animal life. But life evolves and overcomes these obstacles. That's the beauty of life is that it can adapt. But, life needs time to adapt and a lot of it. Its not as simple as oil is bad so we need to burn it. Its the rate at which we burn it. If humans pump all the oil and run out in 60 years, which is about when we will, that would have a much larger affect on the environment if it naturally occurred over thousands or even millions of years.

You shouldn't drive smart cars because you are basically in a tuna can and will most likely die if you crash going at high speeds. Is saving a few hundred bucks on gas really worth that? Ill drive something that gives me 6 feet between me and my front bumper.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutstomper

Ummmm, are you sure you know what your talking about, I provided links to prove I'm correct. Where are your links. Also, if you're being serious, are you aware of which forum your reading right now?
BTW, I completely agree with your car comment, not just space either. I prefer to have some steel there too, not just plastic and fiberglass

edit on 4-2-2014 by MasterOfTheDamned because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Road to Hell indeed !!
What propaganda !!

Mmmm....bet he's on the green payroll baby

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

*funBox looks amusingly over to the huge mountain of gaffer*

im certainly glad gas isn't like the oil in your vid, my !, wouldn't that be a thing if gas could come out of your eyes instead of the ground

funBOx
edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: sss

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Mmmmm, gas out of peepers ???
Interesting baby.....but it would wreak havoc with the ol' eye make up !!
Would give my " smokey eyes " a whole new look

top topics

join