It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop USA payments to U.N.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Please..resign from un and do us all a favor. Just pay your debts first. After that usa can go and do whatever it likes as long it doesnīt whine the un or other nations to come and clean up their mess like in kosovo. And donīt you dare to hand the iraq mess to un, itīs your mess so itīs yours to deal with.
-ap

[edit on 24-11-2004 by aape]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council, Trusteeship Council, International Court of Justice and Secretariat, are the many faces of the U.N.; ..........
did someone question the structure of the UN? i'm not sure i get the point, folks are wanting to defund the UN, not restructure it.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was pointing out the fact that the UN is a multifaceted institution; the security council may have made a 'blooper', but that does not denote to it's entire body being corrupt.

Deep

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This petition calls for America to stop all payments to
the United Nations

I didn't know that the U.S. had *resumed* its payments in the first place... if the UN has had difficulty conducting peacekeeping missions over the past years, it's in good part because America doesn't honor its obligations as a member. And after that they want to justify not paying because they want the UN to be accountable, while America, of course, is accountable to no one.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join