It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop USA payments to U.N.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Everyone in America no matter where you sit politically needs to realize one thing. The United Nations is bad for the United States. We shoulder to much of the cost and military burden and reap little benefit. The Criminal Court they have established was the last straw for me. There is no way in hell a patriot someone who loves this country would ever agree to surrender any of it�s sovereignty to a corrupt entity such as the United Nations! They should have no real power period.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
The Criminal Court they have established was the last straw for me. There is no way in hell a patriot someone who loves this country would ever agree to surrender any of it�s sovereignty to a corrupt entity such as the United Nations! They should have no real power period.

- Oh yeah, of course. No matter what the actual case.......

Right or wrong , my war criminal, right?

[edit on 23-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Now, please fulfill the other part of this requirement and go home.
Remove all your 115 000+ military personnel and close all the bases and
go home. The US presence in Europe is becoming about as welcome as a
European presence of similar size would actually be in the US right now.
Russia left eastern Europe 15yrs + ago....is there any reason why the USA
is still here?

America was in Germany because Germany tried to take over the world.
Everyone wanted America to come in to make sure Germany behaved
itself. Everyone wanted America to come in to make sure that the USSR
didn't take over Europe. Same with Italy.

I would LOVE for America to leave Germany and Italy. LOVE IT!
Take our military, and their pay checks, and leave. Close down.
The German government recently whined about us leaving.
They were upset because our $$$$ and the jobs on the bases
would be gone. When booo freak'n hooo. I have no sympathy.
None. Can't wait for the day we are outta' there.

BTW The government of Poland (and the people of Poland)
want our military to set up shop there. The $$$ from the
military paychecks being spent on their economy as well as
the jobs manufactured by them being there are something
they want. I'm all for it. Pull out of Germany and Italy ...
set up shop in Poland.

But - All this is off topic.

US out of the UN. NOW.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The United Nations is bad for the United States.

Actually, it's been bad for everyone in the world, not just America.
Bad for everyone, except those corrupt thieves who have been
stealing and selling security council votes. Oh, and bad for
everyone except the mashers at the U.N. ... you know the ones
that Koffi Annan PARDONED for their sexual misconduct against
the female U.N. workers. Guess where he comes from woman
are still second class citizens and sexual misconduct isn't looked
at as a problem. (what... is it a right for men, Koffi???)

In the latest round of sexual misconduct, he has promised to
'get tough' with the preditors. Yeah, right. I'll believe it when
I see it.

The U.N. was bad for Somolia, bad for Rwanda, bad for Uganda,
bad for Iraq, bad for ... etc. etc.

A long while back I read an article about the children in U.N.
refugee camps. The article said 25% of them had been molested
while in the camps. I sure wish I still had that article ...

Long and short of it ... the U.N. is a corrupt cesspool and it
can't be fixed. Our $$$ is better spent on our infrastructure,
education and healthcare.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
- Oh yeah, of course. No matter what the actual case.......

Right or wrong , my war criminal, right?

[edit on 23-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

Right we have our own courts! Under that UN court our soldiers could have been prosecuted under that court for the crimes they committed at that Iraqi prison. We did it ourselves as we should have because we are a sovereign nation that will not tolerate our Soldiers doing that period and we proved it. The united states does have it�s faults but we do have a great justice system were people are tried by their peers not by judges in whigs!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ah from what i have been able to google in a short time was this ... the US has only recently payed. Like they were still in massive debt in 2003-2004.

Makes sense you woouldn't want to tell the UN to go #@#$$ themselves AND have a massive debt with them it might earn you a good kicking.

But like this you shut em up with the $$$ and then go tell then to go #$%#$ themselves. Oohhh very tactical!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
UN was invented to give the American President something to laugh at ....

- You'll find the USA were prime in establishing the UN in the begining.....

....back in the days when arenas for the world to come together - however imperfectly - were considered a good idea and getting your own way each and every time was not the primary motivation.

'Corse while this 'the UN is so useless' fest is going on no-one is actually looking at how and why things have gotten so bad....or what their own countries' part in that might have been.

People not paying their dues is part of it but the voting record of those countries defending the indefensible yet expecting people to go along with their finger-pointing has a lot to do with it too.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
woouldn't want to tell the UN to go #@#$$ themselves
.... it might earn you a good kicking.

The U.N. kicking someone

Yeah .... that's funny .... with what army ....
With $$ sanctions? Yeah, and then America
pulls back all it's overseas financial aid.
The world wouldn't go for it.

UN ... good kicking ... thanx ...
I'll be laughing all day.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here is a link to UN failures around the world.

www.questia.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Britian isn't anti-american it is the liberal british press. I am guilty of genralization on this point. Europe as a whole is being brainwashed against the US. Britian is a hold out. However, more to the point, the UN is corrupt. Oil for Food is the biggest scandal in history. I still think Bagdad is where the UN should move to and fast. Oh, wait, the UN ran away from Iraq when the peaceful MULSIM's BOMED THEM. Answer that DW. OOPS?

yes the UN is currupt but you wont even help to change it?
you give up on it ASAP?
britain is a hold out!
jeez you have neve been here have you?
every man,woman,child and teenager i know hates bush and his regime.
so all muslins are exstremists?
all muslins are evil?
can i say the same about christains? jews?
you call them heathens because they are diffrent.
you are haveing propaganda thrown at you.
the enemy is always portrayed as the bad guy never a good guy.
ask yourself when has there been any news about an enemy being good to our soldiers?
i have no reasons for why the UN moved out but i know that there are a few good people left in the UN its not all currupt. and if you could just see what they try to do instead of letting the bad light invade and conquer the media and your mind then you might support them.

also money to defend europe?
what do you think the whole point of NATO was for?
we joined it so we wouldnt need a force like yours.

"UN was invented to give the American President something to laugh at and keep him amused and then they wonder why the rest of the planet hates them. Keep guessing guys you might get there one sunny day..."
the UN was invented to level the feild to stop another holocost and to protect the inocent.
its screwed up along the way so has every country.
britain for exsample created slavery and death camps.
did america give up on us during the cold war or WW2? no

every country has screwed up.

"to the winner the spoils"
wow real civilised way to put it.

"Britian isn't anti-american it is the liberal british press"

oh yeah ever lived here?
come on up to princess street or holy rood and see what they say about bush.
frankly the press here is a b***** i hate them and they are not liberal you keep repeating this yet you come up with no proof of it.

"The United Nations is bad for the United States. "
oh yeah? bad for your troops? so its ok for us to make secret pacts with any country and to use chemical weapons on countries and civilians?
oh wait yeah the US does allow this to happen.

also tried by your peers WE ARE YOUR PEERS! get used to it!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Here is a link to UN failures around the world.

can i point out the last wars america has been in have been against something they created.
cold war,vietnam,afganistan,iraq 1+2 the list is endless.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you but I have been to the UK many times. And even FRANCE, I am so ashamed. I do know the EU better than you would think.

I have worked for the UN. I can account for some of the corruption personally. My specialty was Bio-weapons. The UN is not a joke it is a "cancer".

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Sorry to disappoint you but I have been to the UK many times. And even FRANCE, I am so ashamed. I do know the EU better than you would think.

I have worked for the UN. I can account for some of the corruption personally. My specialty was Bio-weapons. The UN is not a joke it is a "cancer".

is that britain or britain as in outside london.
yet again ashamed of the french because they got invaded in WW2 big deal.

i could say the same about the US. take the US record on killing things by accident.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am ashamed of going to France because of recent french issues. Mainly their veto at the security council. Been to the "highlands" too. I have much admiration for the people there.

America is not perfect.........but the UN is just plain EVIL. How many have died in the Sudan for the last 30 years and the UN did nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am ashamed of going to France because of recent french issues. Mainly their veto at the security council. Been to the "highlands" too. I have much admiration for the people there.

America is not perfect.........but the UN is just plain EVIL. How many have died in the Sudan for the last 30 years and the UN did nothing.

the UN is not evil, it has just done a few things bad right now.
the USA has done many a bad thing but yet it is always shown in good light by AMERICAN films. cough propaganda cough.
you are ashamed of the government because of what they done. dont be ashemd of the people they are not all to blame.
what would you suggest for the UN to do?
go and invade the country?
go KILL more people?
thats the bad bit about being the UN it will make more enemies getting militarily involved than it will allies.
think about it. two of your friends are gettiing into a fight with one another (hypothetical situation) what do you do?
A)negotioate?
B)get right in there and break it up by hurting both?
C)standing in the middle forceing them not to fight without hurting you?

A is the simplest and best course in most cases. the UN does this.
B is rather dangerous and desperate.
C has been done but many countries have not cared and killed the peace keepers.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

the UN is just plain EVIL. How many have died in the Sudan for the last 30 years and the UN did nothing.

- .....oh riiiiight, so that is it is it?
Americans are now coming out against the veto and abstention rules, when it suits them, are they?

Cos as far as resolutions being blocked or ignored go I think you'll find the USA has a record second to none in their defence of a certain 'you know who' who have been up to all sorts of horrors in the region they live in.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

We shoulder to much of the cost and military burden and reap little benefit.

In October 2004, out of a total of 54,186 soldiers on peacekeeping missions, 10 were US troops.

I admit the war in Iraq may have something to do with that low number, so go back 3 years to Oct 2001 when the US had 1 soldier on peacekeeping duties. (he must've been pretty lonely.)

The link also has contributions by rank, it's actually quite interesting, for example, Bangladesh is the biggest contributor to peacekeeping operations in Oct this year. Bangladesh? How'd that happen?

www.un.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Guys let's wise up....forget this little petition�.call you�re congressmen let�s support the dingle berries from across the sea and help expand the Security Council. Then the UN can go back to meaning as much as it has in years past.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council, Trusteeship Council, International Court of Justice and Secretariat, are the many faces of the U.N.; I hope we did not forget this little fact. The U.N. has advocated for more Humanitarian efforts than the U.S. ever has. The problem is simply two-fold: not enough financial backing, and not enough military power.

I would also like to note that the U.S. still owes the U.N. over 1.37 billion dollars; countries likes Fiji are able to pay thier share, why can't the U.S. pay a meager 1 billion?

www.un.org...

Budget

The budget for the two years 2000-2001 is $2,535 million. The main source of funds is the contributions of Member States, which are assessed on a scale approved by the General Assembly.

The fundamental criterion on which the scale of assessments is based is the capacity of countries to pay. This is determined by considering their relative shares of total gross national product, adjusted to take into account a number of factors, including their per capita incomes.
In addition, countries are assessed -- in accordance with a modified version of the basic scale -- for the costs of peacekeeping operations, which stood at around $2 billion in 2000.

Using the same --ignorant-- logic that many employe on this site in regards to "corruption" and inability to coerce "peace" upon unabiding nations, we can ascertain that the entire en masse of the United States government is corrupt and should be kicked out of the U.N....

Learn something about the U.N. before calling it defunct.

www.un.org...

Deep

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I would also like to note that the U.S. still owes the U.N. over 1.37 billion dollars; countries likes Fiji are able to pay thier share, why can't the U.S. pay a meager 1 billion?

Why its only there to get the rest of the world in one room all at once so its easier to tell the eintire rest of the planter where to go, just imagine the costs for the State Department if they had to go to each contry individually to insult them... no way better to do it one big batch in NYC.
As to the question of payment, the Us just sees that as an affront to their claim on the planet, "they should be paying us" kind of attitude...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join