It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop USA payments to U.N.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED -
I don't know anything about these folks
except that I got the email and am sharing
it with you all.

www.moveamericaforward.org...

Move America Forward has an internet campaign to
get the U.N out of America so American taxpayers
will stop paying for it ... AND .... the petition is for
a full accounting of where our tax money that is sent
to the United Nations goes.

This petition calls for America to stop all payments to
the United Nations - at least until the U.N. shows
accountability for those payments - which we all know
will never happen.

I signed this petition. If America and Japan would stop
payments ... that corrupt cesspool called the U.N. would
cease to exhist. I'm all for it.

GET AMERICA OUT OF THE U.N.
AND THE U.N. OUT OF AMERICA!

www.moveamericaforward.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have already signed it!

I have been wanting this for 20 years!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think that we can fall flat on our butts asking the government ot do something for us, but the truth is that nobody listens to the littler people in this country anymore.

The government will do with our tax payer money whatever they feel like it and we will have to give away not matter what.

I will go for it anyway, just to give my 2 pennies.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Signed it..........also be waiting 20 years to kick'em out. I still think Bagdad is a great place for them.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah I think the US should be expelled from the UN and that it should move to it's European headquarters, which is located in the wonderful city of Geneva.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Signed and happy to do it. But realistically they won't be kicked out they will just be replaced by something else.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I would be very happy for the US to stop payments and for the US to no longer be a part of the UN. But only for a very selfish reason.

So all you guys will stop whining about the UN, because they don't do exactley what the US wants

Seriously though, I think the US likes to do what it likes too much to be part of something like the UN. I know there has been some alleged corruption within the UN, but you name me one organisation or government where there has been none.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Some corruption.........this corruption "bought" vetos on the security councile that stalled the US taking out a mass murderer. So they could steal more money from the poor in Iraq, and starve babies. The UN should be put on trial for "crimes against humanity".

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sigh, OK, you had to get silly. Then you are aware of just how much the US gained from from this "mass murderer" too. Like I said, corruption is everywhere. So far this "mass murderer" has been accounted for 17,000 deaths? And even this has not been proved or verified. Lets look at the civilian casualties in Iraq and Afganistan shall we? Should the US be put on trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity?

Come on, please. This will just get silly.

If you really want to go down this pointless avenue, u2u me. Lets not make the rest of the board suffer going over the same points made in hundreads of threads on this site.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Personally I like to get rid of the Federal Government as well as the U.N., but neither will happen so I shouldn't even think about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I signed it also. I�m sick of the USA being the world police force. Let France do it.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
good plan lads

alienate yourself even more.
hell why not remove yourself from the geneva convention?
just give you the abilitly to use more weapons to fight against the evil muslin threat.
in fact why not leave NATO i mean the US has no point in haveing allies since it is "king" or "queen" (not to be sexist).

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
I signed it also. I�m sick of the USA being the world police force. Let France do it.

err... have you been to West Africa???? Plenty of Frenchies have. Plus on the African tip, many Nigerian soldiers don that blue beret in some pretty funky places... so do Russian and Pakistani to name a few more.. and here in the uK we have PLENTY of UN military obligations. And you guys pay hardly any tax as it is!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
err... have you been to West Africa???? Plenty of Frenchies have. Plus on the African tip, many Nigerian soldiers don that blue beret in some pretty funky places... so do Russian and Pakistani to name a few more.. and here in the uK we have PLENTY of UN military obligations. And you guys pay hardly any tax as it is!

And tell me why we should have to pay? Let Africa settle their own problems keep my country and my tax dollars the hell out of it. They can buy wheat at market prices thou of course.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

And tell me why we should have to pay? Let Africa settle their own problems keep my country and my tax dollars the hell out of it. They can buy wheat at market prices thou of course.

so you wont help anyone who is willing to help themselves?
talk about a self centred country.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

so you wont help anyone who is willing to help themselves?
talk about a self centred country.

Damned if we do...Damned if we don't.

This is classic.

Carry on...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just a question, it popped up briefly earlier. How would you feel if the US WERE kicked out of the UN?

Seriously, it's not like this admin. cares about what the UN thinks anyway.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

Damned if we do...Damned if we don't.

This is classic.

Carry on...

we are all in the same boat.
i just think that not helping a neighbor in a time of need when one calls themselves very generous and has greatly helped the worl is rather contratictory

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hmmmm a swift look back at the vetos and abstentions used in the UN clearly show one country - above all others - acting to stall action on the unacceptable aggressive and illegal behaviour of it's friend it makes money with and does a lot of trade with; who also has totally unregulated WMD's destabilising the entire region it is part of.....can you guess who?

Here's a little hint, it's not France or any European country and it's called the USA.

Can you spell hypocrites?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the link! I signed it.

I think there are so many great things that could happen during the next 4 years. I hope getting out of the U.N. is one of them!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join