It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE event just happened in Missouri !:13 pm 2/3/14

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow, whatever you saw/heard is ALL over Twitter right now.. Very interesting stuff. I HOPE someone caught something on camera...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Ahh I feel like crying, I know how this sounds, but without evidence yet it is just a kooky story, you are the Skeptic who opened my eyes years ago in ways others need never understand, what you say gives me chills because it is truth. With all of the various experiences in my life, this was something that was totally different and I do hope that it has a terrestrial explanation and that I get that answer fast because I am still just floored by this.

link   
reply to post by antar

Can you tell me what direction they were heading?

link   
Attention "Pic or it didn't happen" crowd.

From the first page. Please read first if you are going to comment in a snide manner otherwise, you look silly.

I have no cell phone, no camera, no way to have taken images of the sun or the object.

In the meantime, at the moment I find this interesting and am sure that some one will post something on FB, Twitter or Reddit.

link   

jhn7537
reply to post by antar

Wow, whatever you saw/heard is ALL over Twitter right now.. Very interesting stuff. I HOPE someone caught something on camera...

IT IS? tell us what they are saying, please.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by antar

Wow, whatever you saw/heard is ALL over Twitter right now..

It is? Cool! Can you post any links?

link   
There are some here who insist on there being video of the 2+ minute sun halo so I wanted to chime in. It's possible that the halo is there based on localized atmospheric conditions being met so we can't assume that it was seen an a large area, let alone really far away.

Sort of like a mirage to me won't be a mirage to the guy standing on the other side of the horizon.

link   
delete
edit on 3-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

link   

rangerdanger
Pics/video or it didn't happen.

I live in a neighborhood without much traffic. Last night I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. at 3:15 am I was laying in bed and a light flashed in my front window, like when a car goes by. Then a few seconds later another light. I got up and looked out the window, expecting either a few cars on the street or a thief with a flashlight (high crime 'hood). Instead, I saw nothing. No cars. No people. And I even looked up to see if a space ship was beaming my front window - but no space ship. I have no pictures or videos of the light flashing ... but it happened.

I don't fully subscribe to the 'no pics or it didn't happen' thing.
I respect your position of 'pics or it didn't happen. No problem.
Pictures are helpful of course. But for me ... pics are not 'all determining of truth'.

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Link to twitter!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

schuyler

pimppapa1977
after reading the commets, im calling in the BS team to clean up...that's a wrap

No, it's not. If it were anyone but antar I might agree, but she is a long-time and well respected member here with thousands of cogent posts over the years on a variety of subjects. She's not subject to fantasies and would never post any sort of hoax. Compared to someone who posts a couple of times a year I would want to give antar's issues a good, solid hearing.

I don't think anything happened to the sun. I suspect that there was some sort of atmospheric disturbance between observer and the sun that made it look odd. There could very well be a normal terrestrial explanation for what has happened, and no one, including OP, has actually suggested otherwise. I suggest we just wait and see if some more information surfaces. It's way too early to offer conclusions here.

This means that Antar understands our skepticism, and all the more reason for photos/video.
I find it hard to believe someone saw an event like that, and didn't film it. Especially if it went on as long as it did.
Doesn't matter how many previous posts the OP has, all the more reason to capture it on film.
If I can take a photo of a cars license plate as it drives away (from a hit and run I experienced on Friday) then I don't see why you couldn't take your phone out, and get something.
Like I said, pics/video or it didn't happen.
By that I mean in general. I understand the OP couldn't film it, but I stand by my skepticism.
Unless someone took a photo, or filmed it, it didn't happen.
edit on 3-2-2014 by rangerdanger because: moar

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From Twitter... Can't link up full stories though

Fire in the Sky! 'Loud boom' alarms residents in Springfield, Missouri: People in several counties in our viewing

Loud booms in Missouri: As expected, 'Tut Tut' say experts, no need for concern: Loud boom are again on the rise

Loud Boom Heard In Springfield, Missouri

EarthChange News: Loud Boom Heard In Springfield, Mo
edit on 3-2-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Link to 'Halo' Wikipedia page

Is this similar to what you saw? This happens occasionally and used to really freak me out.

edit on 2/3/2014 by Vilhelm because: Edit to remove

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

jhn7537
From Twitter... Can't link up full stories though

Fire in the Sky! 'Loud boom' alarms residents in Springfield, Missouri: People in several counties in our viewing

Loud booms in Missouri: As expected, 'Tut Tut' say experts, no need for concern: Loud boom are again on the rise

Loud Boom Heard In Springfield, Missouri

EarthChange News: Loud Boom Heard In Springfield, Mo
edit on 3-2-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

WOW thank you

What about fault lines?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have spent so much money over the years on cameras that dont function for me. I am NOT MEANT to get footage. As sure as I have nothing to film with or even snap a photo, things happen, every time. I had given up on ever seeing anything ever again until the kids came home with video the other night. I know what I saw was not a metal trash can spinning out of control or being chased by 5 at least 5 jets in full throttle. Throw in the GIANT halo that happened around the sun for at least 2 minutes and burned my face with in just a few seconds....

I HAD to bring this to the Forum, I had to get the intelligence and information by members here. I am simple, but this was stellar.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ETA ... oooops sorry .. that's from Dec 2013. 6 weeks ago. My bad ...
edit on 2/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

rangerdanger

I don't give a # how much cussing it has on it.
Pics/video or it didn't happen.

Thank the gods! Now I can throw away all of those heavy history books!

link   
reply to post by antar

I am NOT MEANT to get footage.

When I saw them I was to entranced getting a photo never crossed my mind.
edit on 022828p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 022828p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

YES. I am no expert or a student of the sun, but yes, it looked very much like that. I am too nervous to read the link, but yes.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Presumably this big halo that burned you was a local effect, and nothing to do with the suns else, well, a few hundred million other people would have noticed it.

Given the lack of any other reports, I wonder if it wasn't just a normal, quite common, sun halo? with a bit of added imagination?

edit on 3-2-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join