It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Jarring
I don't know if Jesus sinned.. I think he might have said the Lord's name in vain when he asked Him "Why hast thou forsaken me?" on the cross. /shrug, maybe, maybe not.

God's wrath is interesting to think about as I have stated in another thread, and think the understanding relies on the concept "burden of being God".

Being absentee for so long, he may have decided to do some anger management and abdicate his throne.

Then again, Jesus retired his wrathful ass when he decided that man had to go only through him. A forced retirement for dad.

Regards
DL

lol good point. I thought it was Loki that gave up doing his dirty work

/shrug i find personal morals and how you relate them to religious practice the most important anyways. I've found Christianity is the most specific to my morals. I was born Catholic, became agnostic, then eventually ran into Christ mentally while I was going through some years of mental evolution, like...I couldn't shake him, had to accept him. Been self-ordained born again Christian ever since. I think and say stuff by my own conclusions that coincide with Christian beliefs all the time, so I thought I might as well be one. I came to the defense of Christians well before I came to the religion personally, but you certainly won't find me defending their wrong-doings.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

You don't have to explain yourself to me. I respect your free will.

Now, my God will not be happy about it at all - but that's between you and him. He has been known to send people to Hell, but that is neither here nor...well it is there but that's a different topic than the one we were on. I'm sure you are aware of the concept of Hell so I won't preach to you. It's your choice to fear it, along with God.

Anyways, back to the topic we were actually on: in my belief, worldly thought is in direct opposition to Godly thought. God tells us to think like him, and not like humans. Human thought is very corrupt. He tells us that He and the world are in direct opposition, and that the god of this world seeks to lead us astray. That's why I don't go to large churches - it so often seems that they are talking about the god of this world and not my God.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Gnostic Christianity is the wave of the future. You are a worthy candidate and should check it out. It is a thinking man's religion.
Christians are idol worshipers and are not allowed in.

Regards
DL

So no Gnostic Sikhs? No Gnostic Buddhists? No Gnostic Sufis? A little to limiting from my point of view. I like seeing the rainbow of colors blend into one and think about the different colors and where they meet. Very sacrilegious to those who are racist against all color but one who are their favorite and all others are fake.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Jarring

Greatest I am

Jarring
I don't know if Jesus sinned.. I think he might have said the Lord's name in vain when he asked Him "Why hast thou forsaken me?" on the cross. /shrug, maybe, maybe not.

God's wrath is interesting to think about as I have stated in another thread, and think the understanding relies on the concept "burden of being God".

Being absentee for so long, he may have decided to do some anger management and abdicate his throne.

Then again, Jesus retired his wrathful ass when he decided that man had to go only through him. A forced retirement for dad.

Regards
DL

/shrug i find personal morals and how you relate them to religious practice the most important anyways. I've found Christianity is the most specific to my morals. I was born Catholic, became agnostic, then eventually ran into Christ mentally while I was going through some years of mental evolution, like...I couldn't shake him, had to accept him. Been self-ordained born again Christian ever since. I think and say stuff by my own conclusions that coincide with Christian beliefs all the time, so I thought I might as well be one. I came to the defense of Christians well before I came to the religion personally, but you certainly won't find me defending their wrong-doings.

Morals are my focus and guide.

Let's compare a few.

I already mentioned divorce but you did not quite answer with a yes or no. Care to?
Is divorce a sin or not?

How about a second more general question.
What would be the best first moral tenet? Would it be one that centers on others or would it be one that centers on ourselves?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
LittleByLittle
vethumanbeing

VHBYou are only experiencing a 'demi god' manifested in the dumb downs or compartmentalizations of the 'absolute unbounded awareness'. This is a digital awareness just trying to organize itself. Demi-gods are further down in the concept material matter organization. Smaller denser compartmentalized units.

LittleByLittleSince I have not been outside my body that I know of since birth I do not have any information about any Demi-Gods. But since all are bound by the golden rule, even these so called Demi-God will have to fix what they break.

Oh; I would wish. The same childishness exists in the Non Physical; those that stepped down in density to influence this physical matter world become part of it (what is this stickiness/Karma) and are prey to all sorts of the realizations that power (as an overlord) as a positive gain affects influence; and they begin the manipulations (they can/have been/be corrupted by power=influence=gain=More godliness etc.). They will pay for it later believe me (even though they were warned this was foolhardy) the endevour to uplift the human would result in a spectacular downfall for many of them; the idea of being a god on this earth is too tempting (once you are here). I have the thought that the whole idea of "temptation" being the root of all evils, money, sex, indecent consumption was specifically directed at the Demi-gods and eventually passed down to include humans as well as the Ten Commandments. Do you see the irony?
edit on 5-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

As he gets more into the ancient deception that he obviously knows pretty little about, he will find that all gnosticism is the same religion and is far more ancient than Christianity. Jesus just showed up a few thousand years ago.

Considering much of his wording in this thread, it would seem that he is somewhat new to Christian gnosticism. I would tell him about the archons and what gnostics believe about the Father, but I am afraid he will actually believe it.

Just another day in illusion, though, so he can really believe whatever he wants. That is the whole point in gnosticism! Relativity and illusion through knowledge. Without that, I am not sure what even appeals to him.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Jarring

A being who knows all and understands all will understand when beings are pissed of at god for thing that are out of that beings control. I think saying gods name in vain is a religious rule not a spiritual rule from god. How god and the single soul discuss things, is up to god and that single soul. Who are others to limit a relationship between god and the soul god is having an symbiotic understanding with?

One side is garmented with rituals of acting in a certain way. The other side is free and mask less where all is said in the open.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I get your point, although I'm not for certain where it comes from and why...

However, I do not think God damns those who have an open mind, nor do I believe that you abandon God for having one.

You can't just shut yourself off from the world, at some point, you gotta be able to just say "follow me", if that's possible. Most of the time it's not, especially when it comes to drastically opposing belief structures. Similar belief structures are always being built upon, but it's always the same in that they come to their own beliefs by their own terms.

back to the point, I don't think this point is suited with the best intentions...maybe try asking someone with more experience than me?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

Gnostic Christianity is the wave of the future. You are a worthy candidate and should check it out. It is a thinking man's religion.

Regards
DL

So no Gnostic Sikhs? No Gnostic Buddhists? No Gnostic Sufis? A little to limiting from my point of view. I like seeing the rainbow of colors blend into one and think about the different colors and where they meet. Very sacrilegious to those who are racist against all color but one who are their favorite and all others are fake.

You put words in my mouth.

I mentioned Christians idol worshipers only but let me expand that to all who worship idols.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Greatest I am

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

FlyersFan

Greatest I am
Then you have yet to find him. A shame that.

We'll see. Time will tell. At any rate, you can't accurately judge my soul ... so I"m not worried about it.

Nor I my friend.

My belief says that we all get to heaven so I did not judge. I just opined that it is a shame that you have yet to get one hell of an eye opening learning experience.

Regards
DL

Depends on your definition of heaven and the frame of time you are talking about. Also is the you that is you now the same you that you will be?

Who mentioned heaven?

But to answer your question. Of course not. We all evolve daily. Weird question. Where do you want to go with it?

Regards
DL
edit on 5-2-2014 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

You where the one mentioning heaven when you wrote "My belief says that we all get to heaven so I did not judge". I have made my point and you have clearly added to it with your own words.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Jarring

A being who knows all and understands all will understand when beings are pissed of at god for thing that are out of that beings control. I think saying gods name in vain is a religious rule not a spiritual rule from god. How god and the single soul discuss things, is up to god and that single soul. Who are others to limit a relationship between god and the soul god is having an symbiotic understanding with?

One side is garmented with rituals of acting in a certain way. The other side is free and mask less where all is said in the open.

idk if i have the patience to understand everything you've said here, but not saying the Lord's name in vain is definitely a spiritual rule as well as a religious one. Pride corrupts the spirit like no other sin.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Greatest I am

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

Regards
DL

You put words in my mouth.

I mentioned Christians idol worshipers only but let me expand that to all who worship idols.

Regards
DL

Touche

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

FlyersFan

Greatest I am
Then you have yet to find him. A shame that.

We'll see. Time will tell. At any rate, you can't accurately judge my soul ... so I"m not worried about it.

Nor I my friend.

My belief says that we all get to heaven so I did not judge. I just opined that it is a shame that you have yet to get one hell of an eye opening learning experience.

Regards
DL

Depends on your definition of heaven and the frame of time you are talking about. Also is the you that is you now the same you that you will be?

Who mentioned heaven?

But to answer your question. Of course not. We all evolve daily. Weird question. Where do you want to go with it?

Regards
DL
edit on 5-2-2014 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

You where the one mentioning heaven when you wrote "My belief says that we all get to heaven so I did not judge". I have made my point and you have clearly added to it with your own words.

One for you. I had forgotten that passing reference.

Do you believe this Bishop?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Jarring

Greatest I am

Jarring

Regards
DL

Let's compare a few.

I already mentioned divorce but you did not quite answer with a yes or no. Care to?
Is divorce a sin or not?

What would be the best first moral tenet? Would it be one that centers on others or would it be one that centers on ourselves?

Regards
DL

my morals center around the golden rule and cardinal sin.
divorce is a sin, but it is moreso the result of much sin.

moral tenant is a universal give-take relationship that assumes the understanding of relationship between the individual and their surroundings.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

All my beliefs come from the Bible.

I view the world as a house of mirrors with two sources of light leading to two different exits. One is the light of God, the true light, and one is the counterfeit light - which comes from the god of this world. I will either follow the true God's light, or I will follow the counterfeit light that comes from the god of this world.. With all of the mirrors, it can get a little confusing, but if I pay attention I will find salvation. What created these confusing mirrors in the first place? My own sin and the sins of my ancestors.

That's my own personal allegory for what I experience in this world.

But, I do respect the free will of others to follow what I see as a counterfeit light. I want my own to be respected. I wouldn't feel good about not pointing them in the right direction, though, for fear of another confusing mirror getting in my way.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Very true. Pride is what got us in this mess in the first place.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by Jarring

All my beliefs come from the Bible.

I view the world as a house of mirrors with two sources of light leading to two different exits. One is the light of God, the true light, and one is the counterfeit light - which comes from the god of this world. I will either follow the true God's light, or I will follow the counterfeit light that comes from the god of this world.. With all of the mirrors, it can get a little confusing, but if I pay attention I will find salvation. What created these confusing mirrors in the first place? My own sin and the sins of my ancestors.

That's my own personal allegory for what I experience in this world.

But, I do respect the free will of others to follow what I see as a counterfeit light. I want my own to be respected. I wouldn't feel good about not pointing them in the right direction, though, for fear of another confusing mirror getting in my way.

you're becoming clearer and clearer, I understand. I can only pray for your guidance to strengthen, so that you do not have to feel worry when facing darkness. Just breathe, darkness is all around us, you haven't changed.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Jarring

Greatest I am

Jarring

Greatest I am

Jarring

Regards
DL

Let's compare a few.

Is divorce a sin or not?

Regards
DL

my morals center around the golden rule and cardinal sin.
divorce is a sin, but it is moreso the result of much sin.

moral tenant is a universal give-take relationship that assumes the understanding of relationship between the individual and their surroundings.

The golden rule is do unto others while acknowledging that reciprocity is fair play.

That puts the onus on us to put others ahead or ourselves and I agree with your first tenet of morality.

It is not your God's first tenet and scriptures say that you are to emulate him. Where your tenet is centred on others, his is self-centered and says do for me, love honor obey etc.

Can I have your thoughts on this. Is our first tenet better than your Gods?

On divorce.
You say it is a sin and the result of more sin. Yet if those two people stay together in an un-loving situation, even more sin will happen and two lives plus children must live in an un-loving situation.

Christianity pushes love and a no divorce policy is definitely anti-love is it not?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

Regards
DL

This is a great line of reasoning you opened here Greatest and LittleBy as its all about posessing esoteric knowledge of the spiritual vein; and does not discriminate regarding faith systems; those are just functionary (the least path to resistance) that are mostly cultural/the locale the individual lives within. Everyone can expirience gnosis but its entirely personal as a journey. Guess what, the same conclusion will be reached by everyone accomplishing it regardless of faith (heres the caviat or fun part; to actually to accomplish this you must stop believing in ANY system of faith AS IS A FALSE obvious trapdoor to keep you from finding your path as it clouds or colors everything you already knew (before you encarnated here).

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
They will pay for it later believe me (even though they were warned this was foolhardy) the endevour to uplift the human would result in a spectacular downfall for many of them; the idea of being a god on this earth is too tempting (once you are here). I have the thought that the whole idea of "temptation" being the root of all evils, money, sex, indecent consumption was specifically directed at the Demi-gods and eventually passed down to include humans as well as the Ten Commandments. Do you see the irony?

Somewhat I think. Many souls have sacrificed much for humanity and this planet on many levels. If it is the right thing to do or not I cannot know (or chose not to know) on this level. I play the cards that was dealt and the information I was given. Since I have a long term view I do not fret as much about the smaller details but focus on one thing at a time.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join