It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... you disagreed with me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

My personal opinion on this, is that when something awful is happening on the face of the planet, it is our duty as people interested in the truth, in denying ignorance, to bear some manner of witness to them, so that we can see for our selves and understand the real depth of the things upon which we will no doubt comment.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Rodinus

My personal opinion on this, is that when something awful is happening on the face of the planet, it is our duty as people interested in the truth, in denying ignorance, to bear some manner of witness to them, so that we can see for our selves and understand the real depth of the things upon which we will no doubt comment.

I could not agree more TB... In denying ignorance peoples justice is done.

For extra info here is a little snippet and a link to todays story on France24 :

A 24-year-old man has been convicted of animal cruelty by a Marseille court after injuring a kitten by throwing it against an apartment building, then uploading a video clip of the act on his Facebook profile, officials said.

Frenchman Farid Ghilas has been sentenced to a year in prison.

Link here : www.france24.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I commend you for trying to out this defective parasite but why the video unless your into shock value ?

There are some things people just can't deal with seeing and further down the rabbit hole there are people who like you said you wanted to beat on this person that will do just that.

Point being you get the same result with a post as apposed to who knows what with a horrible video.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by Rodinus

I commend you for trying to out this defective parasite but why the video unless your into shock value ?

There are some things people just can't deal with seeing and further down the rabbit hole there are people who like you said you wanted to beat on this person that will do just that.

Point being you get the same result with a post as apposed to who knows what with a horrible video.

Thanks for your comments Battle.

As I mentioned somewhere further up in a post :

We see what we want to see.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know how it works in France, maybe you can enlighten Rodinus. In the UK prisoners who commit acts of animal cruelty are frequently made as welcome and treated just as kindly as those who abuse children. Here's hoping the French prison system doesn't have a VPU.
edit on 3-2-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Thats all very well, but what about people who believe that if something horrible happens, one should not turn their face from it, but allow its full horror in, allow the actual event to stab at one from the depths, and affect one as deeply as it must? What about those of us who are sick of the pathetic, grinding erosion of human strength of mind? What about those of us who have no fear of reality, and wish to allow as much of it as possible into our lives, so that we are not reacting from a false sense of security, a false assumption on an intrinsic level, as to just how little our "civilisation" counts for, when compared with our vast barbarity as a species?

Do those of us with no stomach for the horrors of the real world, have the right to dictate what is posted, what is seen by the rest of us? Some of us like to know our enemy, the depths of depravity that human kind can and does go to. Some of us are not afraid to look into the abyss, and be stared at. Some of us are prepared to dare the abyss to look into our eyes, to know its own damnation reflected in our pupils.

This here is the real world. Things happen in it which are horrific, terrible, and awful. To look away however, means that there is no hope, because if you cannot face honestly what happens in it, then you cannot defend yourself or the people you love, when it arrives at your door. None of us LIKE this stuff, but some of us want to know all we can about it before we deal with it in the flesh, and I think that is reasonable and fair.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

hotel1
I don't know how it works in France, maybe you can enlighten Rodinus. In the UK prisoners who commit acts of animal cruelty are frequently made as welcome and treated just as kindly as those who abuse children. Here's hoping the French prison system doesn't have a VPU.
edit on 3-2-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

Sadly over here in France this guy is going to prison in Marseille which is populated by a large majority of young people of the same age/socio/ethnic origins as himself and will probably be treated as a hero within his age/socio/ethnic group.

He got a 1 year sentence but will probably get out after 6 months on good behaviour.

However, what good might come out of it is the fact that when he gets out he is going to have to tread very carefully as the slightest mistake and he will be back in prison.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Thats all very well, but what about people who believe that if something horrible happens, one should not turn their face from it, but allow its full horror in, allow the actual event to stab at one from the depths, and affect one as deeply as it must? What about those of us who are sick of the pathetic, grinding erosion of human strength of mind? What about those of us who have no fear of reality, and wish to allow as much of it as possible into our lives, so that we are not reacting from a false sense of security, a false assumption on an intrinsic level, as to just how little our "civilisation" counts for, when compared with our vast barbarity as a species?

Do those of us with no stomach for the horrors of the real world, have the right to dictate what is posted, what is seen by the rest of us? Some of us like to know our enemy, the depths of depravity that human kind can and does go to. Some of us are not afraid to look into the abyss, and be stared at. Some of us are prepared to dare the abyss to look into our eyes, to know its own damnation reflected in our pupils.

This here is the real world. Things happen in it which are horrific, terrible, and awful. To look away however, means that there is no hope, because if you cannot face honestly what happens in it, then you cannot defend yourself or the people you love, when it arrives at your door. None of us LIKE this stuff, but some of us want to know all we can about it before we deal with it in the flesh, and I think that is reasonable and fair.

Don't fall off that soap box Slick, delve into the abyss of defective parasites all you want.

What I might of missed in your rant , your avatar left no doubt.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I posted in the original topic and don't see what the big deal is.

It was in off-topic forum so what's the problem?

Some people need to chill out before they pop a blood vessel. I understand the peeve if it's something off topic in a forum that should be for more comprehensive OPs, but it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I fail to see what my avatar has to do with any of this, and you should not assume that any accurate assumptions may be made from examination of it. I, as are all people, am more than a face.

The fact of the matter is, that every time allowances are made for one set of people, with one mentality, another set of people with another miss out, or are affected. Therefore, I think it is important to recognise that although one might not appreciate it, both veiw points are valid.

However, to deny us our ability to witness and understand, is no better than denying you your sanctuary.

We seek clarity, not perversion. That is all I wanted to say.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I missed the original, the first time. Went to it through your link.

The only thing I could say, is maybe make the video warning bigger, and put it at the top?

The important thing is you did have it. I chose not to watch it, and just went with your description. That was enough for me.

As far as the subject of this sort of thing being posted at all? Honestly, it needs to be, to catch the bad guys. Thankfully, there are some of you, that are stronger than me, that can watch, then deal with what you saw.
And parents certainly need to take some responsibility. For pete's sake, KNOW what your kids are looking up!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

TrueBrit

There is room in the world for both types... and an actual need for both those who MUST look away and those who can look upon it. Personally, my personality helped me in my last job... I can look upon the horrors and see them/recognize them as horrors, but not become so emotionally pierced that I couldnt do my job. We are needed and as useful as those who are highly emotional or have a piercing empathy.. and all in between.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It is sad in a way how some people cannot come to terms with the reality that surrounds them...

Only this morning on the French news yet another story of 2 yobs who posted themselves on Youtube whilst beating up on a handicapped kid...

Thanks to the people who witnessed that video and complained those two yobs have now been arrested and are awaiting trial...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ok, I have to ask, do you have a lot of "special" people over there? I mean, I'm glad they are doing it, posting these videos, so they will be caught and all. But don't you have to be "special" to post them, and do these things in the first place?

Not that we don't have more than our share over here, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Rodinus

Ok, I have to ask, do you have a lot of "special" people over there? I mean, I'm glad they are doing it, posting these videos, so they will be caught and all. But don't you have to be "special" to post them, and do these things in the first place?

Not that we don't have more than our share over here, that's for sure.

Not special people no... just a certain number of cretins who think that they are intelligent in posting such videos.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

LOL I was trying to be polite. Read "special" as Idiot A's (holes)

It just boggles my mind, that A) People think this kind of behavior is ok, and B) I will show the world my behavior, what could happen?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Crazier still that these "special" people are actually proud of their actions and think it makes them cool! I'm thinking we should put them all in a big deep freezer somewhere so they can stay cool together. It would be a shame id someone lost the key to the freezer...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Rodinus

LOL I was trying to be polite. Read "special" as Idiot A's (holes)

It just boggles my mind, that A) People think this kind of behavior is ok, and B) I will show the world my behavior, what could happen?

I know you were being polite My dear.

"Total Tosspots" was one of the names that came into mind, but this would be a compliment to them probably.

It boggles mine too that yobs such as the ones portrayed in the 2 videos that went viral only have this type of activity to do in their lives... What sad lives they live... but Karma comes cack eventually.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4/2/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

There's a book entitled Forbidden Knowledge that deals with the very question you posed. I won't spoil your reading of it by telling you all about it but, suffice it to say, the author presents a very cogent rationale in the book and examines the pros and cons of the censorship issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join