It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John B. Wells was told to leave Coast to Coast Am.. Youtube video of why

page: 3&mem=
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah, this makes me really sad. I've been a C2C fan since I first heard Art Bell back in the early '90s. We were building a house and listening to him as we put in those midnight hours just made the work more pleasant. He had such a mix of guests and such an evil laugh!

I enjoyed George in his early years but he has indeed taken the show to a different place. It seems that these days his major focus of attention is his tv shows and other endeavors and his guests are simply there to promote George and themselves.
Knapp is the one who keeps me turning the show on.
I wish John B. the best. When he was named Saturday night host, I was thrilled. I have sincerely wished that George Noory would resign and do his tv shows, etc. and John B. would be named host. Another dream dashed onto the rocks of corporate control....(cue up Don Henley's "Workin' It")
I hope he hangs in there and is able to keep sharing the things he feels important for us to know.
So, John B., if you are reading this, (and I have reason to believe that you might)...from an old hippie granny who delights in hearing your voice, "Rock on, brother!"
edit on 5-2-2014 by diggindirt because: corrections, addition

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i told c2c hes the only reason i purchased a subscription to coast insider and that i really have no use for them now, and they refunded my money.

i promptly purchased a subscription for caravan to midnight.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

. . . caravan to midnight . . .
Which is, I found after googling it, John B. Wells' show.
Let's see how that works after Bell's short lived satellite radio show, Dark Matters.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

. . . caravan to midnight . . .
Which is, I found after googling it, John B. Wells' show.
Let's see how that works after Bell's short lived satellite radio show, Dark Matters.

Art got pissed because his show was partly caller driven.. He got rather perturbed due dropped calls and poor connections from his call ins; or so the story goes. Either way Art had very little good to say about clear channel and the way he was treated at C2C which resulted in him leaving..

Will the same thing happen to John B. and his new endeavor; time will tell.. What IMO has been something we should all be happy with is the ability of any of us to listen via Internet to whom ever we like... Again in my humble opinion it is better than the old ABC,CBS,NBC, racket that we were force feed in the earlier days.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I listened to Art Bell's show since 1990, broadcast from his home studio in Pahrump Nevada

i continued the nightly ritual except for maybe 50 night shows for all those years when i missed the show from health reasons like a coma, etc

i cannot afford to subscribe to the Mr Wells program "Caravan to Midnight" (which sounds to me like a euphemism for ~Journey to the End-of-Time~

mr wells seems to have a better set-of-connections to individuals/Insiders/Informers than the milk-toast cadre of guests that C2C offers up...so his would (might) be a far better source or resource of non MSM people with credibility at least once a week shedding new light on otherwise prosaic Conspiracies

i will never reconcile why (if) Mr Bell received the Manilla Folder ...sent to Him in Pahrump NV 89048 via USPS back in Y2K
he never revealed the senders revelations on the weeklong drama of 9-11 events & the sexual scandals in the clergy prior to the events...why had none of his credible Psychics not 'seen' or 'RV'ed 'these world changing events or anyone revealed these predictions on his pre New Years shows of predictions for 2001 or beyond
i suspect the manilla folder got tossed into the dead-letter bin ~ or was shredded because the disclosures would have been both embarrassing and revealing of all his Interview Psychic & seers & fortune tellers

ya'll have a good day
edit on th28139162527805342014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i suspect the manilla folder got tossed into the dead-letter bin ~ or was shredded because . . .
Right, and I have found that you just have to do these reveals yourself and try to be resourceful because the professionals have basically a conflict of interest by default.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A little more opinion on what happened:

Clear Channel was once a major supporter of the George W. Bush candidacy for President and they tolerated no dissension within the ranks. They were responsible for the dramatic fall of the Dixie Chicks for espousing their anti-war views with regard to the war in Iraq. And in a case of extreme censorship, with regard to a case that I have some firsthand and personal knowledge of, a popular Phoenix talk show host, Charles Goyette was blackballed by Clear Channel for similar anti-war views. Charles was actually dismissed from KFYI radio when he was the number one radio personality in Arizona and the entire Southwest. When it comes to these corporate entities, having great ratings does not insulate one from being fired. Popular talk show hosts are expected to be the guardian of the corporate gate and as you will soon read, Wells is an oracle who quotes Voltaire and tells the truth, but he was a poor night watchman of the corporate controlled gate. Wells discovered that deviating from the company line (i.e. telling the truth) shortens the professional life expectancy of its top entertainers.

After a period of prolonged instability following the departure of Art Bell as the primary host of Coast to Coast, George Noory entered the scene in 2003 where he has since remained. However, Noory’s listening numbers are nothing to write home about. Once upon a time, some estimated that Art Bell had somewhere around 6-12 million listeners on any given night. In contrast, Noory’s numbers are a paltry 275,000 to 300,000 listeners per night. However, George Noory is the perfect front man and his numbers take on a secondary level of importance because he is very good at protecting the corporate turf and is very careful to only take risks on subjects which the corporate sponsors do not care about (e.g. crystal skulls, near death experiences, psychic mediums, etc.). Gone are the former days of Art Bell’s hard hitting journalism which made the spooks inside of the alphabet soup agencies very uncomfortable.

intellihub.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Oh thanks for this. If many of the topics covered on CtC and the people that cover them and the way they cover are representative of what the higher ups at Clear Channel want their listeners to understand about the topics then they may just have their heads deep up inside of their azz......or worse.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by 727Sky

Oh thanks for this. If many of the topics covered on CtC and the people that cover them and the way they cover are representative of what the higher ups at Clear Channel want their listeners to understand about the topics then they may just have their heads deep up inside of their azz......or worse.

Clear Channel is a perfect example of how corporate speech is not free speech. The owners are able to express their political views while suppressing the views of their employees.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join