It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism being accepted as “Today’s Religion” over all religions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Don't worry it was his other account
lol

That's what I'm getting at. I self edited because I suspect he's got two accounts going.

Jesuslives4u
Why don't you stay on topic?

Alright ... let's just stick with your Jesuslives4u incarnation ...
You've ran around here, as Jesuslives4u, thumping the bible as truth.
And that if people don't believe in it then they are 'far from the truth'.
But the truth is, a lot of the bible can be disproven.
So you shouldn't be running around telling people that they are 'far from the truth', when you are too.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

boymonkey74

FlyersFan
self edited
edit on 2/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

lol

Sorry......monkeyboy I don't have another account.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

FlyersFan

boymonkey74
lol

That's what I'm getting at. I self edited because I suspect he's got two accounts going.

Jesuslives4u

So you shouldn't be running around telling people that they are 'far from the truth', when you are too.

The subject is about atheism. Stay on subject. This is not about bible teachings.

The cheap tricks you use to draw the reader away from the topic.

cheap......real cheap

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u

FlyersFan

boymonkey74
lol

Jesuslives4u

The subject is about atheism. Stay on subject. This is not about bible teachings.

The cheap tricks you use to draw the reader away from the topic.

cheap......real cheap

Atheism is a minority. Which means no, no, and again no to your title and its implied statements.
edit on 3-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Atheism is not a religion no matter how you try and bleat on about it.
It may be gathering pace because people are more educated nowadays and can study anything with the aid of the internet.
Religion has had it's chance and failed, It has failed because it is not from God but man, so let people discover the answers for themselves eh? let them use their own mind.
Interestingly enough most atheists and most anti theists (me) were brought up in religious households but evolved (I bet you don't like that word lol). I know many who religion hurt and it took many years to escape from their grasp.
Humanity FTW!!! everytime.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
self edited ....

Forget it ... it's not worth it.

/OUT
edit on 2/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Cheap? like you treating Christopher Hitchens in the OP, trying to convince us Gods wrath gave him Cancer? trying to tell us he hated religion because of his Mother? when you don't know #e about the man.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So you did not read my post instead you decided to "run your mouth" ? Hot air.......nothing more. Maybe with all the hot air you are fuming......maybe you could heat up a few homes? lol

Typical.

"Typical"? You mean in your vast experience of 3 whole days on ATS??

Chillax, dude. Meet the neighbors.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

wildtimes

So you did not read my post instead you decided to "run your mouth" ? Hot air.......nothing more. Maybe with all the hot air you are fuming......maybe you could heat up a few homes? lol

Typical.

"Typical"? You mean in your vast experience of 3 whole days on ATS??

Chillax, dude. Meet the neighbors.

I understand but look at the immediate attacks. I did not start the nasty attacks as if I peed in their Cheerios!

I was warned to stay out of this thread due to hateful people.

Now I know.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Another obvious statement proving he has been using ATS for a lot longer...no introduction thread, mentions in other posts about talking to them in the past (that was the first day on his new account). lol.
I just wish people wouldn't lie about it and admit that they are a returning member under a new name, then we would have trust in those folk and Jesus wouldn't have to kill a kitten.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That's grounds for a permanent dismissal, which I'm guessing was why you suggested it, being the funny guy you are.
edit on 3-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hatefull? like you are towards Chris Hitchens in the OP? Oh wait now your trying to play the "Poor Christian card"...

At least Hitchens practised what he preached, pity I do not see that from most Christians eh.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by wildtimes

Another obvious statement proving he has been using ATS for a lot longer...no introduction thread, mentions in other posts about talking to them in the past (that was the first day on his new account). lol.
I just wish people wouldn't lie about it and admit that they are a returning member under a new name, then we would have trust in those folk and Jesus wouldn't have to kill a kitten.

You have taken this to a sick level.

You are not only wrong but very hateful.

No problem.......In the future I will ignore you.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I was warned to stay out of this thread due to hateful people.

By whom, exactly?

You know, it all depends on your initial approach. We have manners here. You waltz in and start trouble, you're going to hear back from us. Like it or not, it's an established forum. New members are always welcome. Rude, typical "forum" and "comment" behavior such as one finds on un-moderated sites does not fly.

Get it?

Now - would you like to try again?

edit on 2/3/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Atheism is not a religion! Sadly, all this thread seems to be about is the OP's defense of their beliefs and the disrespectful way he / she deals with all those who don't align with said belief. And while I'm throwing in my two pence...Science will ultimately deal with all "Supernatural Phenomenon"

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

then we would have trust in those folk and Jesus wouldn't have to kill a kitten

LOL!!

See, it's ironic, isn't it? They show up here as though they know us all and are well acquainted with the personalities, topics, and general tone - and then when they are challenged, they change their tune.

Isn't that "the story of Christians" in the 21st century?
Bizarre.
Truly bizzare.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You can try to place blame everywhere else... but you are responding solely to what you perceive as "attacks."

I thought I made a thoughtful post, but you are giving life to what you say you dont want. There is a discussion to be had with pretty much every member in this thread, I can guarantee that.

So, what kind of thread do you want to create? Actions speak louder than words..

Oh, and I am pretty sure Jesus would have said "puff puff pass."

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Waaaaa!

Back to the OP the reason why Atheism is preached as you say is that freedoms of people have got better so we can speak our mind without some religious nut either ostracising them or making their life hell.
The internet is the greatest tool for anyone wanting a different view because we can search and learn.
The more educated people get the more they move away from religion.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

contradicting yourself in your own OP is not the way to convince ATS to listen to you :

Then in the prime of his "success" he comes down with throat cancer. NOT lung cancer (he was a strong smoker) but throat cancer. Which stopped him from speaking out??? Is this a coincidence? I do not believe in coincidences.

really ?

God is abundant with patience hoping all will open their heart and let him. .............And to those who have rejected him and sworn an oath to never believe in him continue to live.

unless your name is hitchin ?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I cannot believe the number of times that the OP has been downright rude to other posters here, accusing people of drinking, smoking illegal substances etc etc... just because they have a different opinion to him/her...

Is this the only way that you can intelligently defend your opinion OP, by being agressive?

One of the reasons that I personally too tend to keep away from religion... (had too much of it also shoved down my throat as a youngster and have seen the horror that it has inflicted all around the world over the centuries!)

If you don't agree with religion then you are a nut job, sinner, alcoholic drug taker!!!???

How sad that the OP has to stoop to such a level because other people think differently!

In my opinion this picture says it all :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 3/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join