It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunacy Amplified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
One cannot defend,
Beloved Liberty,
With the gnashing teeth,
Of Tyranny,

One cannot uphold,
The great democracy,
When made bold,
By Hypocrisy,

And a lie cannot,
Protect the Truth,
Hark ye close,
For the saying of the sooth,

In these things,
I see the coming of the end,
What is broken now,
Will never mend.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Great poem, TrueBrit.
Is the lunacy to believe it will never mend, or to believe that it can?

It's not often I start off the day with poetry, so this was very welcome!

B x

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Lunacy Amplified refers to the fact that the madness of the time we are living in, only grows exponentially. The cracks, cause cracks, cause cracks, like a thermonuclear reaction in the slowest of slow motion. The chaos only amplifies itself, and there appears to be no end to it, save for the end of everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Your words ring true and capture the feelings of the many my friend , the madness is deep and I fear will lead to just one conclusion ...may God (if he exists) have mercy on our souls.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I do not mean to be a downer about it all. I just say it how I see it. This outlook is one of the reasons I have decided to live my life the way I have, and will continue to live it. Loving the ones dear to me, and keeping an eye out for them. It seems as if the world is now too dark and oppressive a place, for any effective rebellion to unseat the accelerating entropic force, or slow its pace, to stave off the complete collapse of what we laughingly refer to as civilisation.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That was really good my friend. I enjoyed the power behind the words

Enjoyed

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thanks very much natalia!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I really appreciate this poem, TrueBrit!

I don't take this as a downer at all. I see it as the process of Destruction taking care of "diseased tissues," which gives the process of Construction a chance to move in and renew the system. When something gets broken that NEEDS to be broken, then from the leveled field something better can be created, as long as the lesson has been learned as to how it was broken in the first place.

- AB

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Perhaps the way the world is going these days is merely a reminder that all complex structures, including mankind as the wider entity, comprised of all of us individuals, are vulnerable to the effects of entropy? That is certainly a more comforting thought than many others that pass through the mind when considering these things.

Good to see you by the way, hope you are well! Thanks for taking the time to read my poem!

top topics

join