It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube suspends Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's YouTube account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

I couldn't see this elsewhere on ATS, and I figure it's something that everyone needs to see.

Currently, the whole world is laughing at us for the constant stream of ridiculous that is coming from our Government. It's actually quite embarrassing to turn on the news, or log onto the internet, and be faced with multiple stories about how awful Australia has become, and how our politicians are constantly making us look incredibly foolish.

Thankfully, the world is finally realising how dickish our Government really is.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

TONY Abbott may claim he's "delivered on his promise", but over the weekend a glitch on video site YouTube meant his message was taken down for 'deceptive content'.

and…

Mr Abbott's page is now back up and running, as is the video, but a statement from Google sent to news.com.au and Mumbrella provides some insight into the tech fail.
"Occasionally, a video flagged by users is mistakenly taken down. When this is brought to our attention, we quickly review the content and take appropriate action, including restoring videos or channels that had been removed."

edit on 3-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Makes for good comedy. Not really suspended though.
edit on 3-2-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Some child like Labor supporter is laughing their face off right now but mark my words, situations such as this will come back and bite YouTube on the butt in a big way. Politicians remember this crap, for a very long time.

YouTube's excuses are laughable.

P

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I don't think Youtube has anything to worry about, I mean what can he do except rant slogans?
The rest of the world should be grateful that you don't have to listen to his falsehoods.
If he wants to get his message across, why not have an interview on television with a journalist such as Virginia Trioli?
I just wish the whole cabinet would be suspended, not from Youtube, but from something else instead.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Don't be too quick to forget about the Labor circus. Liberal party may not align very well with your left winged perspective of the world but look how effectively the Liberals have meshed as a team without the bull# and corruption and toe stepping that we saw not too long ago.
I'd gloat about how our policies were effective and working such as no more boats etc etc.... Thats what they were voted in to do. Might not suit a North shore yuppie, drinking a lovely cappucino in their ignorant tiny pocket of Australia who works in Australian media probably for the proven liars (The ABC). They are only a small pocket trying to manipulate the ignorant general public with their bias views.

Can't wait till he pisses off the carbon tax next.What a joke of a tax just to help a bunch of Greens sleep better at night while it helps send Australian jobs overseas so they can pollute there with absolutely no controls.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
So basically a bunch of aussie internet trolls flagged the video as inappropriate and his channel was mistakenly deleted, then restored...

Doesn't really seem like youtube was actually siding against his policies. If anything they admitted it was a mistake that his video was taken down and his channel deleted and issued an apology. I'm sure there are people in Australia who support the guy too.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Sorry Boncho.
The reply I sent to you was meant for Windslayer

Kindest regards
Galah85

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

galah85
reply to post by boncho

Don't be too quick to forget about the Labor circus. Liberal party may not align very well with your left winged perspective of the world but look how effectively the Liberals have meshed as a team without the bull# and corruption and toe stepping that we saw not too long ago.
I'd gloat about how our policies were effective and working such as no more boats etc etc.... Thats what they were voted in to do. Might not suit a North shore yuppie, drinking a lovely cappucino in their ignorant tiny pocket of Australia who works in Australian media probably for the proven liars (The ABC). They are only a small pocket trying to manipulate the ignorant general public with their bias views.

Can't wait till he pisses off the carbon tax next.What a joke of a tax just to help a bunch of Greens sleep better at night while it helps send Australian jobs overseas so they can pollute there with absolutely no controls.

Mate, I reckon its time you realsied that labor and liberal are just two wings of the same bird-of-prey. Both of them want to lock you into a them-or-us choice and for both you and I we are the prey.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by galah85

galah85
" ... look how effectively the Liberals have meshed as a team without the bull# and corruption and toe stepping that we saw not too long ago."

Don't you realise that you just parroted the exact propoganda about the liberals that their media want you to believe? You've swallowed it hook, line and sinker... you criticise one side of the propoganda, but accept the other side.

It's like saying standing on this side of the sinking ship is better than standing on that side.

I know some people in the liberal party, and there's just as much infighting behind closed doors as with labour, it's all a show.

Both majority parties are big gov/big corp lapdogs.

Forward the Pirate Party!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

galah85
reply to post by boncho

Galah85, can you link us to your source for your information on the boats? They haven't stopped. When the LNP claimed they'd had no boats this year, we'd already had 3 that were reported. I'm not going to bother with "what about the ones we didn't hear about", because there were three boats that were reported... before mid-January

I don't have a left-winged perspective of the world, I just happen to have eyes and ears. The LNP are actively sabotaging our country, all for a quick buck.

I don't understand why you think the ABC are liars. I'd be really interested to know how you came to that conclusion.
Though, I suppose I could just pick up a Murdoch newspaper and read your argument in there. I'm all for everyone to have their own opinions, I like that people have different perspectives, but what you wrote honestly reads as though you just summarised today's paper.

I don't know about other people on ATS, but I'm not some North Shore yuppie, and I don't work for the ABC. I guess the alternative would be to say that anyone who pushes Liberal agenda has is a high level APS employee with interests in mining companies.
Like I said before, I just have eyes and ears. I also have the ability to filter the crap that they are subjected to.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

You're right Boncho, we are the prey and both sides of politics are just feeding off the Australian public. It can be very hard to pick the lesser of 2 evils. The general media warps whats going on no matter who's in power, it's becoming harder to filter out the garbage and get the cold hard truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The three boats were turned back as far as I am aware. They did not land, they did not enter Australian waters.

Do that a few more times and they will stop. Worked for Howard, worked well.

P

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

pheonix358

The three boats were turned back as far as I am aware. They did not land, they did not enter Australian waters.

Do that a few more times and they will stop. Worked for Howard, worked well.

P

One of the boats definitely made it to Australian waters.
The one that got into our waters almost made it to Darwin.
It got towed back.

sievx.com...

One boat was said to have been picked up near Darwin on January 1 and towed for five days before being cut loose near Rote Island. Another was said to have been towed back in December.

www.sbs.com.au...
That's the claim from the government. Report is from SBS, so that people against the ABC aren't upset by the source.

www.abc.net.au...
This one is a report explaining how some of these boats are being turned back... we're invading Indonesian territory, and risking an international incident.

top topics

join