It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Canada On The Defense Over Pink goop in Chicken McNuggets Whats in Your Food?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

LeviWardrobe
Well, mechanically separated anything isn't a pretty site to see. I work with meat, and you'd be surprised how many people think that there is something wrong when we stock our mechanically separated chicken. It's only a difference in texture.

Mechanically Separated
www.propublica.org...

Ground
www.salmonellablog.com...

One looks sinister, the other looks normal. They're both the same stuff. People will say that it's the "odds and ends" of the animals, or the bits nobody wants. Who the # cares? You picky bastards. Seriously. There are only so many kinds of tissue in an animal, and as far as livestock goes it's essentially all edible. There aren't eyes and brains and guts in it. It is marrow, cartilage, and any spare flesh on the carcass. Seriously guys. So, we can eat marrow... we can boil a carcass for soup... but the mechanically separating a carcass is inherently wrong? # right off. As long as everything is kept sanitary [the issue of increased surface area for bacteria] and specific things [brain, spinal cord, organs] are kept out of the mix, there is literally not a single downside to mechanically separated food.

Mechanically separated meat [MSM] is safe and economical. 9 billion chickens were killed in 2008 for food. 35 million cows were killed in 2008. Should we really consider wasting perfectly healthy and nutritional food because we're #ing squeamish about it? Farming livestock is one of the biggest drains on our planet. The amount of resources put into it, and the amount of waste that comes out. It will destroy us if we don't slow our roll.

To be clear, I'm not defending McDonalds or any of it's particular practices. I don't support any fast food. I just can't stand people who talk all high and mighty about # they don't know a #ing thing about. If you want to man up, and admit that you're just a picky brat that only wants the breasts and tenders, go for it... but don't try and drag down MSM like there is something wrong with it. There is only something wrong with you.
edit on 3-2-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

I wanted to chime in with similar sentiments, but you have said it far better and eloquently than I could have, nicely put.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

I don't eat much at McD's. The food makes me bloat up for some reason. I don't have as much of a problem at Burger King for some reason. I have low blood volume, had it all my life. With a sitting heart rate of a hundred and ten, it isn't a problem, my blood pressure has always been 140/80 even when I was a skinny runt and also when I was in very good health. It may be Hereditary Angioedema or something like it. It isn't really a problem usually but I swell when I eat certain foods. Both my daughters have this. Just a little inconvenience. It is somehow related to either Wilsons or AIP

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If there's any doubt what so ever that McDonalds et al are feeding you something other than food, just take one month of eating stuff that you definitely recognize as food and see what the difference is.

I had some chronic problems that I believed were the result of a gall bladder surgery a few years back. One month off of fast food and corn syrup drinks made these problems completely disappear.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

As hinted at in my post about McDonald's buns, there's definitely differences between US fast food and that we have in Europe - even from the same restaurants.

I think Corn Syrup is an interesting difference. This kind of sweetener is quite uncommon in Europe - and is, indeed, subject to a production quota for the European Union as a whole. It's certainly not something that appears in soft drinks or bread with any regularity. The more I read about it, the more uncomfortable I'd be with consuming it regularly.

In any event, whether you eat McDonalds in the US or EU, it's unhealthy. Any food specifically designed to deliver a hit of fat, salt and sugar like a McDonald's cheeseburger is not good for you... but it doesn't matter if you eat it now and again providing you eat well normally.

I always feel films like 'Supersize Me' are a bit misleading. You're not supposed to eat McDonald's three times a day for a month - of course it isn't good for you... and it doesn't pretend it is!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

While I agree with some of what you said, it's hard to escape the implication that what Mc Donalds sells is not food, or at the very least is not a meal.

Food/meals are something you should and in fact must consume regularly to remain healthy.

Mc Donalds is something that you can get away with one in a while if you compensate in your other meals. The same could be said for replacing a meal with chewing gum.

If Mc Donalds can open a "restaurant", engineer stuff that aren't meat to look like meat, give it the same names as the real stuff that would actually sustain you, and then say, "you should have known you couldn't replace meals with this crap, you gotta have nourishment most of the time, and sometimes McDonald's can be subbed in", then couldn't I open a transcontinental railroad that's actually just a trolley around the edge of town, use special effects to make it seem like I'm giving you transportation, and then say "it's not my fault you didn't get where you were going, cause my service is all you used. If you only used my service one day a week and spent the rest of the week driving to your destination everything would have been fine."

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The Vagabond
If there's any doubt what so ever that McDonalds et al are feeding you something other than food, just take one month of eating stuff that you definitely recognize as food and see what the difference is.

I had some chronic problems that I believed were the result of a gall bladder surgery a few years back. One month off of fast food and corn syrup drinks made these problems completely disappear.

Makes one wonder whats actually really inside McDonalds foods?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join