It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC game lets you recreate JFK shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

A controversial new British-made computer "docu-game" recreating the assassination of John F Kennedy has been described as "despicable" by aides to the late president's brother.

Glasgow-based firm Traffic, which launched JFK: Reloaded 41 years after the president's death in Dallas, Texas, on November 22 1963, is offering up to �53,800 to the first person to most accurately recreate the three shots fired by Lee Harvey Oswald.

The game - which can be downloaded from the web - recreates JFK's last moments. According to Traffic, it challenges players to help disprove any conspiracy theory by recreating the shots fired from the sixth floor of the Dallas book repository.
Guardian UK

JFK Reloaded

I think this falls into the "What in the hell were they thinking?" category.
Perhaps you could use it for historical research into the conspiracy, recreating the scene, but the execution of the "game" seems a little brash.

This was from the game's FAQ section:

Repeating Lee Harvey Oswald�s fatal shots � hints & tips
Can you give me some background information on the role I am playing?
Why don�t I hit what I can see in the cross-hair?
How can I improve the timing of my shots?
What happens if I don�t try to follow Lee Harvey Oswald�s exact moves?
What is the Chaos Meter?

It even has a contest where you can win 100,000 bucks for the best recreation.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Fairly good graphics, doesn't compare to HL2 or Vampires but I might check it out. I think the point of this game is to show people just how fricken difficult it is to hit JFK, so I think this game will give alot more fodder for the conspiracy theorists to chew over. Unless it gets hacked

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah I think it sucks. I also think it sucks that FredT put it into chit chat right after I posted it. He's quite the zealot.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sick if you ask me!
They could have made a patch for another game like AAo or HF2.
Why pay people who can recreate exactly the way he shoots?3 in the neck, head rips off!
They should pay people to be an SS agent who spots Oswald before he shoots!
That way they can see how the security was at that incident!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
*Shrug*

Sick, to be sure, but no sicker than any other gory game.

I find it slightly disturbing that noone has a problem with killing hypothetical people, A La Grand Theft Auto, but the instant you put a recognizable face on it, it's unacceptable.

People sometimes...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I suppose it's a good way to put across the point that many claim: there was no way he could have hit him from there. As Bill (hicks) said, thats why they don't let you up to the window at the assasination museum....oh and it recreates the day perfectly to the detail..with nobody being there...

I suppose you could say it's macabre and inappropriate (like it would be fine if it were Hitler you were assisinating) but I'm sure it's entertaining none the less.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So uh...

Downloaded it...

And apparently, that was a big waste of time and bandwidth...

I can't play it unless I pay for it.

Are you on the up and up?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Yeah I think it sucks. I also think it sucks that FredT put it into chit chat right after I posted it. He's quite the zealot.

I guess the JFK shooting has nothing to do with conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe they'd be happy if we made a game where you have to shoot Harold Godwinson in the eye at the Battle of Hastings. Or where you pull out the innards of that one guy from Braveheart (ahh, forgot his name). To all those Brits who think it's a good idea to make games where you shoot American presidents:
:bash:

Sadly, the game will probably be ultra-popular in France.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Shadowtrooper90]

new topics

top topics

join