It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The old Factory - My ghost story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey there dear ATS! As I sit here at my night shift, scrolling through ATS as I don't have anything to do at the moment, I began to think about some of my ghost experiences that have occurred through the years. Just as I sit here alone in my corner, and I know there is complete darkness around my workplace, well, I get some goosebumps when thinking about the experiences.

I don't know where to start the story, but I will try to do as best as I can! I'll try to do it as short as I can. Let's start:

The factory: In our town where we live, we got this old furniture factory, that once had a little success. It has been closed for 50 years, and is around 100 years old. Now, I'm not at all proud of what I'm about to tell, but as we were kids at the time, we always went up to the factory at night, just because it had this eerie feeling. This is my not so proud moments of life - we then one day (daytime) went to the factory, me and 4 other friends. We were around 13 years or so, and unfortunately we broke into the abandoned factory, which has not been going for 50 years. As we got into the factory, we would soon realize the eerie feeling we had when we where outside the factory, was very much enhanced when we got in. I can't describe the eerie feeling I'm talking about, but none of us wanted to stay there for too long. But we all ran around in our adrenaline rush, and we went to every room there was in the factory.
Now, keep in mind that we did not "break" into the factory because we wanted to steal anything, we only did this, because you know, kids. The only interesting things we found was old old news papers, which was turned all yellow. That was pretty interesting. We didn't break anything, and we got into the factory through a little window, where the panels had turned rotten, so it was very easy to get in.The following weeks, we saw how the factory was beginning to get smashed by the bigger kids (they knew the place too).

The following years: We were now all around 14-15ish and the factory was used in the weekends as a "party" place where the youth could drink without their parents knowing (me included). Most of the teenagers in our town (the population is 6000) knew about the place. I HATED to be at the factory, and I felt as if I was being looked at all the time. Now, I don't know what to believe about the paranormal, but I have always been open minded, but never really seen/felt anything. But people began to talk about that they didn't feel comfortable when they where on the factory, and that they felt others was sitting around watching. When I heard that I thought "YES, not only me, awesome!"

My experiences: I do not know when it really began to happen, but I remember that one day me and 2 other friends were at my dads house, alone home. We were in my room chilling, and suddenly we heard the main door open and after closing. After that the other doors in the house either opened or closed (Maybe because of wind draft). I looked at my friends, telling that my father was home earlier than expected, as I had locked the main door. (only me and my dad have keys to the door) I then went out to greet him, but no one was there. My friends where pretty freaked out, including myself of-course. I then went to the main door, and it was still locked... I asked my friends to stay they night over, as I feared that someone might have a key to the house... (when I ask my skeptic friend this day,who was there with us, he still wonders what it could be. He is not open-minded at all, and hates all paranormal talk)

The next experience happened when me and my friend was in my room (again we were alone home), I was listening to a music video with earphones, and suddenly I heard footsteps coming from my fathers living room, going through the kitchen, and into my room... then it just stopped. I instantly looked over to my friend who was clearly freaked out by the experience, so we grabbed what-ever "weaponish" thing we could find, and after that we went to every room in my dads house. But no one was there, and when we realized that we just heard someone walk into my room, we couldn't stop talking about it. Now, I had earphones, listening to music, and I could still hear the heavy footprints. And I'm pretty sure that the "person" didn't wear any shoes, because you could hear how the feet's were sticky when walking.
I remember that from this moment, I didn't experience that much for a long time. I was even wondering if a homeless person might had a key to our house.

Then when I was around 17 years old, I would begin to notice strange things happen. I felt a male presence in our house, which really hated me. Every night 11 o'clock there were scratching/tapping noises in the upper corner of my room. It went on for weeks, but not in the weekends, which was pretty weird. I thought that it could be a rat or some animal.

After that, it all began to get heavy around me. When ever I was alone home, I began to hear doors open/close in my dads house. I heard things falling in the kitchen when I was sitting on my computer, and when I went out in the kitchen, I found nothing. Everything was as it always would be. I have always loved to be alone home, but at that moment, I hated it more than anything. As soon as my dad was home, there was nothing. I told it all to him what was happening at home, asking if he ever heard anything. He was open minded, but no he didn't hear anything..
It then began to happen even when my dad was home, but he was always sleeping when the things happened.
Luckily my friends heard weird noises when they were at the bathroom. I didn't tell about the things happening at my home, because you know, my friends is not that much into the paranormal, and I was afraid they would see my as weird.

It all came in waves, some weeks I heard nothing, other weeks it was every day. I could not find any reasonable way why this was happening. I always tried to remain skeptical, but I just couldn't anymore.. I remember the week where it was about to stop. But that week was very active. I heard my name being called through the house as my dads voice, I went out of my room asking what was wrong, only to find that the house was complete dark, only me in the house. I could not sleep that night. The day after, just when I was about to fell asleep, I heard this heavy breathing just beside me. That was the worst experience for me.. That week was a nightmare for me, and my grandpa just passed away that very same week.. I was a wreck at that moment. Then one day when I woke up, I felt that something was lifted off my shoulders. After that day, I have not experienced anything paranormal. I was btw 18 when it all stopped. I was happy!

Then one day I drove around in the town, and checked the factory where all crazy things had happened, I saw that they had closed the factory off from public, as it was way too destroyed. And then I thought to myself "What if it was the person who once owned the factory, that had haunted me all along??". I don't know anything about the paranormal, but for some reason I think that "he" would have haunted me, because I was the first person who entered the factory, plus I was the only person who was living fairly close to the factory. It still gives me goosebumps, but I'm glad its over, and I hope that the owner has finally found peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks for reading
I have had many other experiences, but these are just some of them.
And sorry for the big wall of text, but I don't know how I should make it shorter. I hope some may have had some similar experience.

I find it very weird that it all stopped just as the factory got closed off. I just hope you enjoyed the reading, whether you believe it or not. But this is my paranormal experience which lasted for many years..

Think I should go do some work again on my night shift, lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Always like reading these threads. I believe it could have been the old owner - if that's where his identity and passions laid he may very well have left an essence there. I truly believe some people simply pick up this essence more than others. Why this person followed you - because you could receive their energy. Why does a deceased loved one only appear to one person or another? Do they feel an electrical field around them that connects the two worlds? I think so. He felt peace when he knew the place he was deeply connected to was safe and sound so no longer felt the need to connect.

Can you imagine what would happen if these two existences merged - what would that do to us? There would be no more death - only a changing of energy and dimensions perhaps. Glad he is at peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Hi Dianec!

What you just said seems very plausible. I have never thought about such thing until that day. It has left a mark on me forever, and the feeling that you can't know anything for sure. Just when you think you know about a subject, new things pops up and surprise you.

I'm nearly 100% sure that (if it was paranormal) it was the previous owner who had such strong feeling with the factory, just like you said. I actually found a picture of the owner on our local library, that really sent creeps down my spine when I saw him..

Thanks for the comment!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Great story man
I wonder if they are connected, see there's this old abandoned mental hospital a few miles from my town where plenty of local people have gone to visit. I have always wanted to visit to see how paranormal it is but was always afraid of not seeing a ghost or wot ever ther but bringing one back with me so to speak, so it is strange i would stumble upon this post maybe i will pass now

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Hi BoovDawg!

I understand why you are afraid to visit an abandoned mental hospital, lol!
But sometimes you just cant stop your inner adventurer, so go there with some friends! Just don't destroy anything, lol.

Btw, we tried to play ouija board once when we was 14 at my house. Many many years after, I have read that it can open up to spirits. All-though, I do NOT believe in ouija boards.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

edit on 2/2/2014 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Well ye a ouija board would probz be more likely the cause of spirits in your house lol! So maybe I won't bring any spirits back with me if I do visit I am so tempted
it looks like something of silent hill, hears a link to a vid just pictures and scary music although there's plenty other vids on tube whittingham mental asylum its called youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BoovDawg

Thanks for the link! I really need to check that out when my night shift is over

I don't know if the ouija board had anything to do with it, but thats probably because I don't quite believe in these boards. But as I said in the post, I'm open minded!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think the ouija board simply picks up information from the subconscious mind - and maybe those who are already charged or whatever is happening become even more able to have contact as they are consciously tuned in during its use. It's a divination tool so if the focus is on opening up that portal (or whatever it is) this is probably why it would work. Some people say even having one is bad. I don't believe this - its a piece of cardboard made by a toy company - a tool you need to use (without your interaction it can't really have too much power).

I've had people tell me that if you have weird things happen it means a demon is near as any kind of contact with the other side is evil. I believe this must be because it is not understood. I've never once tried to invite weird things into my life so it's not like it's a choice when it happens - and it has not always been unpleasant (disturbing but not horrible). What if it can be both good and bad? Just like we are both good and bad? Why do these things frighten us? Is your creepy feeling because of a creepy guy or is it due to not being able to identify? I ask because I believe animals get spooked by this "other side". But why? Is it dangerous? Or is it because it defies our senses?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Definitely because it defies our senses, fear of the unknown, unseen its not natural to us because its not everyday things therefore it becomes unnatural to us but then again thats just what it is Super~natural surely that means really~normal lol yet it isn't because we are not used to it, almost everything that is new to us is scary if you think about it.
edit on 2-2-2014 by BoovDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When you went into the factory did you end up taking anything with you? Not trying to get you to into admitting something but if you did take an item that may have made the ghost follow you. Ofcourse it could have followed you for other reasons but was curious. I actually will not enter a graveyard if I don't have to.

My sister used to visit the graveyard alot because an uncle is buried there and I think a ghost ended up following her home one day as the place she lived in I lived in when I was younger and didn't really notice anything, I think the only thing that happened to me there was somebody called my name (female voice) and I had a few bad nightmares but the apparition she saw was a black male.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

ypperst
I hope some may have had some similar experience.

I find it very weird that it all stopped just as the factory got closed off. I just hope you enjoyed the reading, whether you believe it or not. But this is my paranormal experience which lasted for many years..

Think I should go do some work again on my night shift, lol.

There are many here that will believe it, including me, even though I have't read it yet. LOL

I have a paranormal thread of over 200 pages with every kind of paranormal experience imaginable being shared. (Click on my signature)

I don't have time to read your story now, (getting ready for the night shift myself) but I look forward to reading it later when I get home.

I gave you an S&F already just for having the guts to post it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Good questions there Dianec!
But I guess that question has been wondered many times, and unfortunately we will probably never know ):

All though, if I should believe anything, I think it can both be good and bad. When my grandpa passed away, the activity at my dads house went down a little, and the week after, it was all gone. Did my grandpa help the other "ghost", trying to protect me and my dad? Or did it all actually stop because of the factory got closed from the public? I will never know ):

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

No I didn't take anything from the factory

But a very good question.

Sometimes when we was at the factory, we heard HEAVY stomping sounds on the upper floor.. We ran the hell out of there. It was a sunny day with no wind or whatever, but we got so scared, and normally we don't get scared that easily when we are "our" crew together. But we all ran lol.

Others who have been at the factory have told that pieces of glass was being thrown across the room. I don't know if this is true though, as I wasn't there myself. There is a lot of stories from that place, gives me goosebumps everytime I think about that place, lol.

Aww, that sounds very freaky :O Maybe that 'spirit' felt that your sister reminded him/her about someone the 'spirit' once knew?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi sled!

Thanks for your S&F!
Well, I have been holding this story back for a long time, but finally I told it! It really removed some weight off my shoulders, as I couldn't tell my friends the same story as I can here. They do care though, but I just feel that it will be a waste of time to tell them, if you understand

I have been reading some of the posts in your signature for some time ago - it's a really good thread! I just didn't remember your thread when I wrote this thread. Maybe I should post my experience in your thread as well?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Yep! Sounds like someone followed you home! I think when your grandfather died he must have ran them off.

Good story! I'm very happy things stopped for you. Living with a ghost is no fun... I know!

You can post in my thread if you like. But, you'll probably get just as much attention/replies here with this being a newer thread.
You're welcome to drop in any time.

new topics

top topics

join