It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Ominous Commercial during Live Stream SuperBowl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It sounds like an ad for 24...

variety.com...

It’s likely the promos – slated to run before and during the gridiron classic – will be of a higher caliber than the norm. Sure, the spots will likely tell viewers when the shows are slated to run. Chances are, however, they’ll have a little something extra. In the case of “24: Live Another Day,” for example, Fox went all out, setting up a special promo shoot in London, the setting for the miniseries, a few days before actual production began on the series itself – meaning the Super Bowl promos for the show will contain the first “24” action filmed since the original series wrapped in 2010.

The “24”effort will consist of a series of ten-second vignettes sprinkled across the evening that will lead to what the network bills as a “show-stopping” 45-second promo. They should capture a lot of attention from the show’s fans, because they will feature the on-screen reunion of the show’s best-known characters, Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack Bauer and Mary Lynn Rajskub’s Chloe O’Brian. Fox said the elaborate shoot involved street closures, ballistics, vehicles, pyrotechnics and explosions. The promos will feature a hardened look for the O’Brian character, best remembered as a computer nerd.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Exactly what i said earlier in this thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

opethPA
For real people?

Its most likely an ad for The Strain or 24..

I don't know why that is so hard to imagine.

I'm thinking that you are right. I just saw the ad ...add another couple of bullet holes to the flag. I think you are right.

the "24" soundtrack is there.
edit on 2-2-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

lspilot6946

LadySkadi
...and the NSA says "hi"
Where was this at? Was the NSA saying hi in the halftime show?

I saw it online (I didn't/am not actually watching the game, went hiking instead)
...hangs head

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Definitely for 24, just saw another, this time the flag rotated, took several more shots, and the 24 beeping was heard following by the orange flashes right before it would typically show the numbers 24.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I just caught a 5 second spot showing what looked like the top of a cone shaped dome of a building and a huge, grey mushroom cloud next to it with loud screaming. Very weird... Also had what sounded like an explosion.

And I'm watching live in the US.
edit on 2/2/2014 by TerrorAlertRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

TerrorAlertRed
I just caught a 5 second spot showing what looked like the top of a cone shaped dome of a building and a huge, grey mushroom cloud next to it with loud screaming. Very weird...

Ad for 24..why is that weird?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

TerrorAlertRed
I just caught a 5 second spot showing what looked like the top of a cone shaped dome of a building and a huge, grey mushroom cloud next to it with loud screaming. Very weird... Also had what sounded like an explosion.

And I'm watching live in the US.
edit on 2/2/2014 by TerrorAlertRed because: (no reason given)
I'm glued to the TV watching live in the us and didn't see that one. I wonder if they are showing different commercials in different parts of the country. I'm in Florida.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Game. Set. Match.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

tpsreporter
reply to post by Just Chris

The half time show began with kids singing "every time i close my eyes, i see a different city every night" then "prepare...prepare...prepare" and the big red letters on the screens in the stadium.

It's all strange.

Lyrics from the song "Billionaire", written by Bruno Mars.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If anyone had any doubt at all that it is 24 then the last ad should have cleared that up for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

Kentucky here. Interesting at the least.

I'm half-way surfing on my computer and watching TV. I just happened to look up because the TV went quiet and was instantly confused. Very odd...

I hope somebody gathers all the clips and makes a YouTube video.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

And which ad was that...and why are they not showing them to everybody? It seems Fox is showing different feeds to different parts of the country.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

TerrorAlertRed
reply to post by opethPA

And which ad was that...and why are they not showing them to everybody? It seems Fox is showing different feeds to different parts of the country.

The one with the guy walking in the street towards the camera with a gun in his hand but you couldn't see his face.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Dianec
I don't know about the commercial but way better half time show than last year.

I really enjoyed Bruno mars. thought he was brilliant.

was last years beyonce ???

if it was...I thought that was outstanding. sitting here in Sydney, Australia last year I saw beyonce and thought she absolutely was excellent and in all my dreams I would never see her live. then 6 months later my daughter rings me and says "mum, I just won a radio competition and I am taking you to beyonce".

I know Bruno mars is touring here this year so who knows. lightening cant strike twice but can it ???

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I guess I feel stupid now.

They're supposed to be 30 second commercials, stick to your own rules Fox.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Jack Bauer has made his appearance...Yep, it's for 24.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's an ad for 24

Just saw it here, the the shot widened and it showed the 24 guy running with a gun with explosions going on all around him

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Which , if you were a fan of the show, seemed pretty likely from the very first ad since they ended that with the 24 sound.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

muse7
It's an ad for 24

Just saw it here, the the shot widened and it showed the 24 guy running with a gun with explosions going on all around him

That's not the "24" guy! That's Jack Bauer!

That's like calling Benny Hill, John Wayne. Both great actors...but two different methods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join