It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there must be something outside of the universe!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

TheOfficialCasper
reply to post by Jordan River

Space has to be infinite. We look at everything in such a way that we think it must have an ending... the only reason why is because we live on a planet that has a limited amount of resources... An end to every road... Life is a great example. This is our only way of thinking. Why? Because we've never lived forever. Nothing of our knowledge can currently last forever because we haven't proven forever to exist. Humans have only been able to reveal an end to what we know. Everything that we have created has an end to it. Our race will see its end before we answer the infinite question of "What is it made of?" I'm 17 and new to most of this, feel free to discredit anything I have to say... As I'm only trying to learn an infinite amount of knowledge in a finite amount of time.

Well i dont think we know the answer the universe could be either one. The problem is the region visible from Earth (the observable universe) is a sphere with a radius of about 46 billion light years,we just dont know what beyond that and i dont think its possible to ever know to be honest.But for all intensive purposes its so vast that we could never reach an end than you might as well say it infinite at least to us.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have thought of that too. I think everyone with great minds has. My question is similar to yours. My question is: what's the universe setting inside of? If we could go fast enough to beat the universe's expansion and go to the "end" of space, what is on the outside of the universe? I believe it's one of those things my professor says "we can think about forever, but we will never ever get the answer."
I would really like to know too. But we will never have the answer unless we are visited by beings who can explain it to us or our future generations figure it out (in that time we will be dead.)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
reply to post by Jordan River

don't think of it as 'something' and 'nothingness', matter and 'void', neither of those concepts are truly correct. that type of thinking is wrong.
it is all just Consciousness.

It is all Conciousness

It's the universe observing itself

If we were to see beyond an event horizon

We would see another horizon

And create some space

And of IT some time

<< 4  5  6   >>

join