It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there must be something outside of the universe!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This topic is always interesting to me. Space must have an outside. Idk what, another dimension, another universe or parallel worlds. Idk.
The big bang can be considered equivalent to a dot on a peice of paper. With a line that represents time.! So a line is present ,past and future. So what the hell is the peice of paper???????? Furthermore, what the hell is the pencil?
although, this is not my master topic, i know for a fact that there is one equivocal truth about the universe. Everything moves!!! Planet moves, plants, peopleo, comets. Teutonic plates. Nothing is still. So whats in the background must move our universe. One big clock
edit on 2-2-2014 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's a good question. Sort of like the 'chicken or the egg" paradox.

If the universe was created ala the very popular 'big bang' theory,
then the universe expanded into nothing--which is something--which
means that nothing is something and something is nothing...

It's a question for the ages. We have the "why are we here?" question,
and the "what is the purpose of life?" question, and the "where did God
come from? (assuming there is a God) question to tackle first.

And soon as I'm done with those others questions I'll get back to you...
...until then please don't bother me as you can see I'm very busy

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

don't think of it as 'something' and 'nothingness', matter and 'void', neither of those concepts are truly correct. that type of thinking is wrong.
it is all just Consciousness.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well if everything is like a program, that program got endless space as well (just nothing basicly), although if you do fill it up it got bounderies as how big the storage is where this program is inside.
So nothing in this program can see the outside world, we exist in nothing and that nothing is everything for us.
We will never know what exactly this thing is where we are inside off.
And yes every program (=everything) got a clock, it's called ''run''.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I said this in an earlier thread.

The problem with us wrapping our head around infinity is that we have a finite viewpoint.

Our lives begin and end. The day begins and ends, movies begin and end.

Its been trained into us to view the world, the universe, whatever to have a beginning and an end.

Our minds can only go so farrr… before our eyes glaze over and our minds disassociate.

There is no proof that the Universe ends. If there was, we'd have pics.

But really, stretch out your arm alll the way to the "wall" at the end of the Universe… whoops there isn't one. It goes on forever. And since it goes on forever it has therefore been there forever.

Which is plenty of time to fill it with stuff.

There is no beginning or end to forever.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is it possible that the universe is just a cell from a being so large we could not ever understand. Do bacteria understand us.... Or do they just serve a function and survive? Perhaps there is another universe that orbits ours just as our planets circle the sun, and protons and neutrons circle nuclei. More interesting is my theory that the universe is a living , conscious entity

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Is it possible that the universe is just a cell from a being so large we could not ever understand. Do bacteria understand us.... Or do they just serve a function and survive? Perhaps there is another universe that orbits ours just as our planets circle the sun, and protons and neutrons circle nuclei. More interesting is my theory that the universe is a living , conscious entity

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Universe is Increasingly Expanding, according to theories which keep being proven as correct.

Like an infinite fractal, space is normally defined by parameters, for example: a cup, in a room, in a house, in a row of buildings, in a neighbourhood, in a town, in a borough, in a county, in a country, in a continent, on a plate on Earth, on a planet, in a solar system, in a galaxy, in a Universe, in a........

Perhaps there are boundaries to space and the Universe that are beyond the current reach and / or comprehension of humanity. Perhaps the Universe is contained within a greater Universe within an even greater Multiverse.

The possibilities are infinite!
edit on 2-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
scientists have generally now made up their mind that the universe is expanding. what's more - the expansion is speeding up. :0

edit on 2-2-2014 by taoistguy because: typo

edit on 2-2-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Forget what you learnt about the shape of the universe when you were back at school. The universe is most likely infinite according to the latest data and theories we have. What that means is that space-time is infinite and there is nothing outside of it because it encompasses everything. What that also means is that the big bang was probably not responsible for creating space-time along with it, infinite space-time has probably always existed.

Although the shape of the universe is still a matter of debate in physical cosmology, based on the recent Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) measurements "We now know that the universe is flat with only a 0.4% margin of error", according to NASA scientists.
--
The model most theorists currently use is the so-called Friedmann–Lemaître–Robertson–Walker (FLRW) model. According to cosmologists, on this model the observational data best fit with the conclusion that the shape of the universe is infinite and flat.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/2/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The universe is under no strict obligation to conform to any human's perceptual limitations, such as the brain's insistance that everything in existance needs a relative. We can trace the universe back to a singularity, and while we have no means to understand the physics at this point we can describe it as a timeless, shapeless and thus motionless state in which all energy contained within the universe is present. One that I refuse to call the "big bang" because it was neither big nor was there a bang, it's childish nonsense'; Like black holes being neither black nor holes. Ridiculous! Because the singularity is a static, omnipresent and indivisible field of energy (which from this point on you have signed permission from the atheist embassy to call God :p) we can deduce that the universe in which we reside is not relative to the energy contained in the singularity but rather an 'expression' of it. The 'how' is speculative.

If, then the universe is one expression of the energy contained in the singularity then it is at least partially sensible to assume that every possible expression, every "outcome" is contained in the singularity too, eerily similar to how a video game cd, to the game characters, would be an omnipresent and indivisible container in which every possible outcome for the games "universe" is present. In every passing moment enthropy in our universe follows a single pre-defined road and it isn't hard to see the roads it doesn't take. And to the thinking man this not only validates time travel but also exposes the grandfather paradox as utter nonsense.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Infinity, like a wild card or infinite fractals, if one huge fractal or "something" is the universe, then there are infinite universes, but what if universes are but simulated reality schools constructed with plasma, then of course, there are infinite Beyonds, what one might call the real world, but I have a feeling it just gets more "interesting" and mind expanding and even mind boggling as we go along, through soul growth.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thane

The universe conforms to all of us, as its a bit like a mirror, and it has designers, coders, Higher Ups, like all good computer programs do.

And every soul here, spirit/consciousness, is far bigger than it.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

My instincts tell me that outside of our Universe there's another. And another and another, and outside of each of those there are yet more.

On and on.

But of course, ultimately...the question will still remain, what is outside of the infinite numbers of Universes?

One step at a time though eh?

Let's get our heads around a Multi-multiverse first and then worry about what is beyond them.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
we cannot understand the universe in terms of science. nor by thinking in terms of 'matter'. but only 'philosophically' and 'meditationally'.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
These are amongst the very best posts on what we're in, metaphorically or concrete, its alot like this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Holographic schools, and there is always a Beyond, and a Beyond beyond that.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think the universe is a looped system. Once our telescopes can see far enough we will be able to see ourselves. Once this is understood it will throw a bunch of theories on the distance of objects in space into the recycle bin..

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

sligtlyskeptical
I think the universe is a looped system. Once our telescopes can see far enough we will be able to see ourselves. Once this is understood it will throw a bunch of theories on the distance of objects in space into the recycle bin..

That is exactly what would happened if the universe were some type of bubble of space-time floating in some type of void. If the universe were closed then space-time would be highly curved over long distances, and eventually it would curve back in on its self to form a closed sphere of space-time. This is what people mean when they refer to the universe as having a spherical shape (of course it's not quite that simple because it would actually be more like a 4D sphere). If the universe is indeed closed and we live inside some type of bubble of space-time, then it means that the bubble is expanding into some type of void.

However when we attempt to measure the curvature of space over large distances it appears to be flat. Now the universe may very well be a finite closed system and it's just way too huge for us to detect any curvature, but there is a lot of good evidence to suggest we measure it to be flat because it is in fact infinitely flat. In that case the universe isn't expanding into anything. It's just space-time stretching out between the galaxies. Of course it does seem a bit strange to say that infinite space-time can have more space-time added to it, but it's a well accepted idea within mainstream science that it can work like that. And it is the most likely and most logical explanation imo.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

So it's wrapping around itself like a bubble (round)? What's outside of the bubble?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

and so we're back to thinking of it as scientifically again, as some type of 'matter'?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join