It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian commander: We have targets within America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The administration isn't threatening war but negotiating so it really isn't an issue. That's probably why he said something (conflict isn't so elevated it would be taken as a threat) - but also likely because Obama is planning to try and ease tentions between Iran and Saudi Arabia in the coming months. It seems that our involvement over there is never ending, and it always seems to be that our friends become their foes. It also seems to be a trend that whomever we supply arms to ends up in a conflict with Iran. If I were them - I would want a strategy too.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That and if they are aggressive without cause, they know they will also have to contend with Russia.

As you say, they are not stupid.

6 Weeks will come and go and nothing will change... Israel will still huff and puff about Iran having nukes or about to have nukes.

The ONLY way Iran will ever get a nuke, is if they buy it from another country or are given one.
They can't develop their own... Development requires testing, testing they cannot do without the Governments around the world knowing about it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Quick question for clarification, if you please...

Since your opening quote spoke of attacking America from within, in terms of the following statement...

"With the open knowledge of the Islamic training camps in each State… "

...do you mean each state in the US has Islamic training camps?

Either I apologize for being dense, and you meant Islamic States... or EEEK this is news to me!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by Xcathdra

Lets see what happens over the next 6 weeks, the time frame Israel has stated in terms of Iran being able to acquire nuclear weapons based on the recent agreement. I don't think the Us will strike Iran... I think Israel will.

Nothing will happen in the next six weeks. Israel has been saying for decades they are close to having the bomb and guess what? Still no bomb. And Israel won't attack Iran because they know the only way they can stand up to Iran is to use the nukes they claim to not have and if they did use them then the rest of the world will descend on Israel. Israel may be run by ethnocentric loudmouths but stupid they are not.

I think you and some others have misunderstood the problem. The issue was not Iran building nuclear weapons. The issue is the "ability" to build those weapons. Its like Iran and other nations that constantly state they have a right to nuclear power. The US / west have acknowledged that right time and again. The issue is the enrichment to levels that go beyond the scope of their civilian nuclear program.

Taking into account the different types of reactors, the upper limit only requires enrichment to 15%. The level they are enriching to are above those requirements and they don't have a good explanation as to why the enrichment is at that level. Secondly every other week Iran threatens to destroy Israel.

Whether or not that is a possibility is no longer a question. The threats have been made, Israel has made its case to the UN and in the end, when we come to that line, the question is going to be who blinks first. There will be an attack on the Iranian nuke program... Israel is going to be involved in one form or another, and to top it off we are going to see Muslim countries at odds with Iran assisting Israel. We have seen this over the last year with reports trickling out that Israeli military officials have been seen with their Arab counterparts inspecting airbases in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia has already changed their policies when it comes to Iran, which is to say they are no longer in lock step with the west. Its easy to try and negotiate when the country negotiating is not at risk from immediate attack. It becomes something else entirely when you have countries that are in the immediate area. They no longer have distance as a buffer, so what we see as diplomacy is seen as something else by Israel / Saudi Arabia.

Being he current US Administration has betrayed Israel several times over the last few years by confirming Israeli actions against Syria / Lebanon Israel is not going to consult with the US prior to an attack. They have done that several times now and the US administration has leaked it to the media.

Every time an Iranian official opens their mouths, we take it one way and Israel / Saudi Arabia see it as something else entirely.

Ironic enough that Iran's actions over the years has brought Arab countries closer to Israel. As have the actions of this administration by jabbing a knife into Israel's back. Besides, if Israel continues to make the claims they do, they will hit a point where they have to either -
A - Carry out their promise and attack the nuclear sites in question
or
B - They will not follow through, which will embolden Iran even more than they are now after our failed diplomatic mission.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sovaka

That and if they are aggressive without cause, they know they will also have to contend with Russia.

6 Weeks will come and go and nothing will change... Israel will still huff and puff about Iran having nukes or about to have nukes.

The ONLY way Iran will ever get a nuke, is if they buy it from another country or are given one.
They can't develop their own... Development requires testing, testing they cannot do without the Governments around the world knowing about it.

Testing - Like the computer simulation program for calculating nuclear yields??

Or the possibility that one of North Korea's nuke tests was in fact Iranian?
Is Iran outsourcing its nuclear program to North Korea?
That link discusses Iran's top nuclear scientist, who the Iranians have failed to make available to the IAEA as the treaty requires.

North Korea Has Allegedly Tested Nuclear Warheads For Iran - Zerohedge report based on an Austrian report highlighting Irans / North Korean cooperation

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

U.S. officials fear that poorly patrolled borders and rampant corruption in the Tri-border region could make it easy for Hezbollah terrorists to infiltrate the southern U.S. border. From the largely lawless region, it is easy for potential terrorists, without detection, to book passage to the United States through Brazil and then Mexico simply by posing as tourists.

www.nbcnews.com...-9KSM

TextHezbollah and Al Shabaab pose a threat to the United States by residing in Mexico, therefore it is vital for the international community, the United States, and Mexico to work together in order to help create a strong Mexico. This would reduce or eliminate the ability of Hezbollah or Al Shabaab to use Mexico as a safe haven and as a platform to plan and conduct terrorist operations against Mexico, the United States, or any other state in the international community.

globalsecuritystudies.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Sovaka

Testing - Like the computer simulation program for calculating nuclear yields??

Or the possibility that one of North Korea's nuke tests was in fact Iranian?
Is Iran outsourcing its nuclear program to North Korea?
That link discusses Iran's top nuclear scientist, who the Iranians have failed to make available to the IAEA as the treaty requires.

North Korea Has Allegedly Tested Nuclear Warheads For Iran - Zerohedge report based on an Austrian report highlighting Irans / North Korean cooperation

Your first link left out that the testing program was found on a laptop that belonged to a Russian scientist that was helping Iran with it centrifuges. The others were just the usual propaganda with as usual no proof to back any of it up.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

new_here

Quick question for clarification, if you please...

Since your opening quote spoke of attacking America from within, in terms of the following statement...

"With the open knowledge of the Islamic training camps in each State… "

...do you mean each state in the US has Islamic training camps?

Either I apologize for being dense, and you meant Islamic States... or EEEK this is news to me!

This was almost two years ago now
Islamic Camps in the US

35 Camps Operating in the US

edit on 2-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The reason the Obama administration shifted from talk of more sanctions and threats of military strikes to appeasement, negotiation, diplomacy, easing of sanctions, and basically a complete cave in on Iran policy is because the threats are real.

They can't fight our forces in a direct confrontation, but they can hit us where it will hurt most.

The worst thing is, that despite our shift in policy with Iran if Israel attacks Iran to remove the nuclear threat, they will still retaliate in the USA. An attack on Iran by Israel is the same as the USA attacking Iran, and the Iranians are prepared to retaliate against both regardless of which attacks them. Alone or together makes no difference...

Weakness invites infiltration and attacks.

They're here...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

In addition to what buster said; Simulations mean nothing. They can only give you an estimate.
Look at the 'Ivy Mike' test as to how math and simulated data can't account for everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Oh jeez! No kidding! That's not anything new at all. Every country against the US...each and every one...has war plans and places and teams like that. Just like we do against all of them.

Its far from new, and as a matter of fact, its expected, understood and prepared for with plans of our own. So whats the point?
We can talk N. Korea next and the Chinese....etc...etc.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Sovaka
reply to post by Logarock

Ha! This old argument.

Hezbollah was conceived by Muslim clerics and funded by Iran following the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, and was primarily formed to offer resistance to the Israeli occupation.

Source: Wikipedia: Hezbollah

Let's forget the countless Terrorist organisations that the U.S, U.K has funded over the years... One prime example being Al-qaeda.

Be that as it may whats that to the average american? Hez starts acting up over here and average americans will be calling for their heads.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ive been saying its only matter of time when america gets real strike inside its own borders, i also sayd its only matter of time whole situation whos in power of the world will change, this very same thing in idea has been going on for ages, i mean someone rises above others and wage wars all over for periods of time, then it will sooner or later gets destructed way or another and world might know peace for moment but only to get new war mongoring nuts in the lead and here we go again, thats how i see it in simple way..

Now its quite different also since now we have capability to destroy all life in the world very fast too and every country needs them to protect theyr own borders, if u dont have it u are in danger to be "fixed" by leading war mongors. But same time the very same idea is building the faster to total destruction of earth, more countries have them more likely many countries will use them in the big war.

Its sad world as i see becouse i see how much we have potential to what we could be and become but insteed we keep going on this primitive way of "evolution", sure its gets us technological evolving faster than ever before but we could also use our power to create peaceful world and i dont believe wars are the way to peace and thriving live on earth..

I say enjoy your life now everyday is precious becouse any day tomorrow could be our last.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

romilo
Ive been saying its only matter of time when america gets real strike inside its own borders, i also sayd its only matter of time whole situation whos in power of the world will change, this very same thing in idea has been going on for ages, i mean someone rises above others and wage wars all over for periods of time, then it will sooner or later gets destructed way or another and world might know peace for moment but only to get new war mongoring nuts in the lead and here we go again, thats how i see it in simple way..

Well on one tactical consideration that hasn't really been discussed here, Iran must know that if they conduct any strikes in the US that there will be overwhelming support from the public to take out the regime.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I thinks thats they point, they wont go out silently like other neighbour countries before, they can and will strike inside america if they attack them. It might be just to try scare them not to attack iran but i doupt its embty shout out.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by romilo

It looks more like hubris coming from them. I think they are insane at their core, their world view is twisted. They look like a little chewawa barking at a bull mastiff. The little dog is plucky and folks respect plucky but it amounts to squat.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Iran is much the same as North Korea in my opinion. NK is threatening South Korea and the US every few months with its tired old line of the "streets running red with blood" or "nuclear devastation" if we continue our planned military exercises with our ally, blah, blah, blah....

Quite frankly it gets old after a while and I find it boring and irrelevant. Iran can have all the plans they want drawn up and filed away in a cabinet and it will not make a difference towards our policy at all. In fact, any country that did not have "plans" drawn up to defend or attack an enemy is way behind in its ability to actually respond to anything if the need arises. The US has military planners thinking up scenarios and planning for them all the time as I would expect them to do!

Nothing is going to happen with the US and Iran or even Israel and Iran in my opinion. This "saber rattling" goes on all the time from NK, Iran, Israel, Hamas, US and Russia etc... I find that it carries little weight when these countries/groups make what I see as hollow threats over and over again and again. Even with Hamas and Israel, Hamas sends rockets, Israel sends tanks. They fight for a week or month and then we go back to normal. How many times has that happened in the last 30 years?

The countries involved all know any kind of nuclear exchange or major conflict will not end well for anyone so the "real" threat is very low. The people in power in these countries do not want to lose their stranglehold over their people (NK, Iran and Russia especially) and resources. I think the window for Israel to make a move on Iran has closed and the US is in diplomatic retreat in the region under Obama which I think is a giant mistake. Maybe not now but in the years to come I believe that the Obama policies will lead to the US losing its ability to function in the region effectively.

So let Iran make its hollow threats just like the nut in North Korea, its all noise and little more than that.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Chester John-The bully isnt the USA....Open your eyes....Its the International Regime Changers...You know the banking Cartel that is based in the United Kingdom. Glass. That will be the new name of Iran. The Republic of Glass. Millions of souls released in a vapor. Sooner or later, my country who has for how many years sacrificed our children to fight wars that had threatened the freedom we live for will all make an example of this horrific assholes who think they are the rulers of mankind. Radical Islam murders every day for the power and blood they lust for........
Saudi was allowed to escape the blast because of the corruption in our government then and still now it lives.I promise you that the armed American people will stand only so much of the crap we see.
Yeah changes are coming Chester.
Whether you think we are bullies or not..Who will have the balls to fight? You? Your ideology of lay down and opinionate evil away? We have that in this country, the idiot who is paid for in the White House by the Banksters does that as well.
You served in what war for your country? Where Chester?Maybe you should walk the streets for pay raises for burger flippers while strong men who get paid very little put their lives on the line at night so you can sleep.....
I am an American Man. Father of 6 children who works 3 jobs and is fiercely independent and I approve this message.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah there is truth to this between aiding 'terrorists' who were killing Americans in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Iran aiding the slaughter of Syrians.

You can take Iran tagerting the us to any fiat currency bank.

And what does the US do ?

Deposit 'frozen' assets in Iranian SWISS accounts!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
removed

edit on 3-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join