It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian commander: We have targets within America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

A top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards boasted Saturday that his forces have plans in place to attack the United States from within, should the U.S. attack the Islamic Republic. “America, with its strategic ignorance, does not have a full understanding of the power of the Islamic Republic,” Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami said in a televised interview. “We have recognized America’s military strategy, and have arranged our abilities, and have identified centers in America [for attack] that will create a shock.”
“All operational bases of the enemy in the region in whatever capacity and location are within our firepower,” Salami warned. “The American military option does not make a difference for us, and they can use this option, but they will have to accept the responsibility of devastating consequences.”

Iranian Threat

Does anyone see any truth to this?

With the open knowledge of the Islamic training camps in each State, and Farrakhan's meeting with the Iranian Leadership over the past few years, does it sound as if this guy may have some credibility?

edit on 2-2-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I see no reason to suggest he isn't speaking truthfully. There is a lot of money in the hands of the Iranian leadership. They know full well they could never win a traditional battle against the US, but the US IS susceptible to guerilla tactics.

The US has been utterly reckless this past 13 years or so with its foreign policy. It WILL bite them in the ass if they don't stop acting like bullies. That's just the way of the world. Eventually someone gets sick of the bully and sticks a foot up his ass.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
But, but...didn't the US already strike Iran with Stuxnet?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This isn't news and I believe 100% that this is the truth.

EVERY country has plans squirreled away in a special secret draw on how they could invade/attack another country successfully.

China made their attack plans public recently... And that is only because they have a more sophisticated plan developed that they don't want the world to know.

Every country has the right to defend itself and its citizens... Developing a stratagem like this is just good business.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

They have assets in the US and targets? So much for all that spying on americans to stop terrorism. Oh and Iran wants to move up to the nuclear era do they now.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Iranian leadership must know that threats of aggression is exactly what the US (and Israel who seems more passionate about it) wants. I have serious reservations about taking this generals indiscretions very seriously.

I believe that Iran has known for a long time that Israel will use the people of the United States to wage war on Israels behalf. In my view they have shown remarkable restraint given the situation and Israel will jump on any slip of words to spin into words of aggression.

Israel seems mad about recent US/Iran relations and I would expect more of this to follow.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Iran is a distraction. Most of it's people do not want a war with anyone. I tire of hearing threats though and sometimes I wish we would all just get it over with or shut the heck up. Lil Kim, the Assatola Khomeni, this loudmouthed General should all get snuck up on by USA special forces and given a giant weggie and a wet sloppy kiss on the forehead.'

Poor little turds need a hobby.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What of it?

They haven't shown any aggression unlike a few other countries.

What makes them any less deserving of "The Bomb"?

Perhaps once they get "The Bomb", countries like the U.S will stop war mongering against them (History of 30 years saying Iran is a couple weeks from getting "The Bomb").

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Its obvious even to a blind man that the Iranians want "nuclear power" for one reason only, nuclear bombs and world war III.
Apeasement obviously will not work, and unfortunately the only solution will be to do what Cutiss LeMay would do, bomb them back into the stone age.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The person that wrote the article is an idiot. First he claims Iran's nuclear program is illicit which is a lie. Then he claims America is giving them billions in aid which is another lie the money Iran is getting is their own money. It has been frozen since sanctions was placed against Iran. Just another propaganda piece not really worth reading.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

How on God's green Earth did you come to this asinine conclu... Oh, you watch the MSM...

If you look at Iran's modern history (past 100 years), have you seen any aggressive tactics performed by Iran?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Sovaka

What makes them any less deserving of "The Bomb"?

Any less deserving? Ask Korea.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Err what?

Korea has recently been nuked or has nuked someone?
This is news to me...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Sovaka
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

How on God's green Earth did you come to this asinine conclu... Oh, you watch the MSM...

If you look at Iran's modern history (past 100 years), have you seen any aggressive tactics performed by Iran?

Well yes right there in the article. Hezbollah.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not sure about the accuracy of this report or the source.
But why wouldn't Iran make plans to retaliate against any act of aggression made by the US?

Its a known fact that in the past the US had separate contingency plans to invade Canada and a war plan to fight a war with The British Empire - both were Allies at the time.
Its reasonable to assume that they have more up to date plans at present in order to react to current possible threats, in fact it would be negligent of them not too. And its fair to assume that most other country's have their own plans.

Why would anyone be surprised that Iran had these sort of plans given the relations between the two country's and the overwhelming military superiority of the US?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ha! This old argument.

Hezbollah was conceived by Muslim clerics and funded by Iran following the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, and was primarily formed to offer resistance to the Israeli occupation.

Source: Wikipedia: Hezbollah

Let's forget the countless Terrorist organisations that the U.S, U.K has funded over the years... One prime example being Al-qaeda.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Flyinghaggis

Its obvious even to a blind man that the Iranians want "nuclear power" for one reason only, nuclear bombs and world war III.
Apeasement obviously will not work, and unfortunately the only solution will be to do what Cutiss LeMay would do, bomb them back into the stone age.

Well, if they do get the bomb, they don't dare use it. If they do, we will most likely literally turn their entire country into glass.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

While people in the US are split / leaning away from military action on Iran, comments of this nature are only going to cause Americans to rethink that position. It already occurred in 9/11. From the outside America looks like it is split because of politics. The moment an attack occurs inside the US you will see that split become a unified force.

With that said I don't think the Iranians are capable of pulling it off (at least more than once anyways). I think they are posturing to placate the masses at home in Iran in an effort to satisfy the hardline elements that did not want any deals made with the West over their nuke program.

All politics are local.

Lets see what happens over the next 6 weeks, the time frame Israel has stated in terms of Iran being able to acquire nuclear weapons based on the recent agreement. I don't think the Us will strike Iran... I think Israel will.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't think they'll have anything to fight for after a full blown bombing campaign by NATO, Israel and the U.S. Not to mention the barrage of cruise missiles that will be raining down on them.

Doesn't North Korea also say they have plans to invade the U.S. too? lol

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Lets see what happens over the next 6 weeks, the time frame Israel has stated in terms of Iran being able to acquire nuclear weapons based on the recent agreement. I don't think the Us will strike Iran... I think Israel will.

Nothing will happen in the next six weeks. Israel has been saying for decades they are close to having the bomb and guess what? Still no bomb. And Israel won't attack Iran because they know the only way they can stand up to Iran is to use the nukes they claim to not have and if they did use them then the rest of the world will descend on Israel. Israel may be run by ethnocentric loudmouths but stupid they are not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join