It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless and Empty Homes -- an American Travesty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I call what your referring to the Robin Hood syndrome. Steal from the rich and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Bassago

So the bank gets double the value of the home?

Buy sell, take, resell, take, resell.

Its perpetual.

Not how they want it I'm sure. They would rather loan to a builder who pays them back with interest and then to a buyer, earn 300% times the original loan over 30 years and be done with it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My wife has worked in banking for a long time and has done auto and home equity loans for several years. Believe me, the bank wants you to make your payment. They don't want the car. Repos are nothing but an expensive and time consuming hassle. I have seen the damage done to repo houses by the evicted folks first hand to, they like to break things on their way out.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

This is true where i lived in Pennsylvania homes were selling for less then 10k.

Have you heard that after Katrina whole neighborhoods were declared unfit just so real-estate developers could buy up whole tracts, bulldoze them and build anew?

I was wondering if there was any wider conspiracy in foreclosed neighborhoods in other places to do the same thing?

I do think that the reason some of these homes remain unoccupied still is because nobody wants or can afford them.

People just plain can't afford them.

And they aren't letting people in for free. Those times are long gone in this country. People can't afford rent let alone a home.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by Bassago

I call what your referring to the Robin Hood syndrome. Steal from the rich and whatnot.

"Robbin-hood" is a fairy tale. Nobody does that in the real world. People that rob keep it for themselves.

The rich rob the poor, legally.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

A good point here was brought up by Bazart. If you have 20,000,000 homes with an average of $2,000 in property taxes, that's 40 billion dollars a year in property taxes, that's more than $3,000,000,000 a month in property taxes. Like WTF, who is paying these property taxes, better question, are the banks actually paying these property taxes? And if they are paying these property taxes, why? It's less expensive to cherry pick the "good" properties and leave all the other ones on the original owner's names.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Yeah, good point lets figure that out.

Lets change the point of discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join