It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party - Modern Day Slave Masters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
...runs rampant here.

As for the Southern Dixiecrats, Wikipedia says it all:

...was a short-lived splinter group that broke from the Democratic Party in 1948

In fact, many of your positions are so incredibly and blatantly the result of either ignorance or outright stupidity, I believe the following two smilies to be relevant.

Lets break this down piece by piece shall we?

OK, name one thing the Democrats have done to make life in America better. Black or White.

Since you seem to have a problem with both the New Deal and the Civil Rights Act, here are five that have happened in the past 45 years.

1) The Clinton Era Family Medical Leave Act
2) Kennedy Era Peace Corps
3) Clinton's multi-TRILLION dollar budget surplus. Then again Bush blew through that in less than two years. And complaining about the "Clinton Recession"
4) Clinton Era ban on Assault Rifles, including the oh-so popular Intertec Tec-9
5) The ADA

Of course Since 1945 the majority of US Presidents have been Republican. That is 59 years. In the past 59 years 39 of those have been under a Republican. Yeah.

- Yes, the dems are trying to 'free' black people from the socially
conservative values of republicans. Dems want free abortions for
all black people. Kill as many unborn black children as they can so
that they don't have to be dealt with them later. Yep ... that's
definately 'freeing' them from an awful conservative value that the republicans have (sarcasim). Republicans want to save black children from
an agonizing death .... dems want to push death 'rights' to black mothers.

- Oh ... Dr. Rice isn't opening doors? She isn't the first BLACK woman
to hold office that high in the land (Secretary of State)? I'm surprised.
Who were the others?

Dr. Rice has pulled herself up from the segregated (and deadly) south
of her youth to be the first black woman to hold the office of Secretary
of State. She is awesome and the fact that dems are still 'chatting her
down' is even more incredible.

I think it's incredibly hilarious how racist you come across as. Plenty of crackaz get abortions too. A woman's choice on whether to terminate an early term fetus (read: amaglamation of cells with no real nervous system or mental capacity) is hers alone.

Most people will agree with me that the Democrats are "chatting her down" because she is incapable as both NSA and Secretary of State. As Frith so thankfully pointed out, Condy was found LYING about the threat of pre-Sept. 11th AND as he ironically didn't, POST 9-11. Anyone remember this infamous conversation?

BEN-VENISTE: Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6 PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?

RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

She later adds

RICE: You said, did it not warn of attacks. It did not warn of attacks inside the United States. It was historical information based on old reporting. There was no new threat information. And it did not, in fact, warn of any coming attacks inside the United States.

LMAO.

Moving on.

It is unfortunate that so many on this site are "brainwashed". Dem's voted against the "voting rights act" in droves in the 60's. Abortion does murder a disproportionate number of "black" children not only in the US but worldwide. Nixon started the EPA which was to clean up toxic waste which was often located in poor areas. Clintons "mentor" was a known racest, Al Gores father was a know racest. How many blacks live on Cape Cod near the Kennedy Compound (almost 0). The last anti-busing riot was in BOSTON (liberal heaven) How many childeren were 'MURDERED" by SADDAM! America "donated" the BLOOD of 1100 of its sons to free IRAQ.

Your poor grammar and spelling gall me, but I was forced to continue reading. Those thousands of brain cells that died during it -- you shall forever be remembered.

Once again, the "Dixiecrats" weren't even a real party. They were a conservative splinter. The Democratic party did NOT vote against the CRA.

When saying Clinton's mentor was a racist, I assume you are speaking of Dr. Quigley. Big deal, get over it. How many racist people do you think Bush knew in Crawford? While it is said the character of a person is shown in their company, Dr. Quigley was brilliant, and very much a product of his social circumstances. The elite whites were almost always racist. The same thing applies with Al Gore's father. Not exactly a negative reflection. I've already covered the supposed murder of black children by abortion. How exactly is the lack of blacks around the Kennedy compound a bad thing? How is it even relevant?

As for Saddam murdering thousands of innocents, yes it is a tragedy. But is it the US' job to depose every murdering tyrant? One down, 300 thousand to go. How about Castro next. Then half of Africa. Yeah. Not to mention the fact that the White House provided Saddam with weapons during the Reagan administration. Notice how I carefully did not mention the false pretenses under which Bush brought us into the war (prematurely even!). Oh wait, I blew it.

Let's not forget this gem.

Nixon started the EPA which was to clean up toxic waste which was often located in poor areas.

...before being the first man ever to be impeached, tarnishing the Presidency forever. Woohoo.

Margeret Sanger. Yes we can not forget her. Proof that good things can arrive out of pieces of manure. Oh wait, we already got that proof from Trinity. And oh yes, her TERRIFYING legacy. Damn those EVIL condoms! The downfall of western civilization for sure.

The Reverend Jesse Jackson? Oh so a man can not be swayed by scientific evidence? I think that is a reflection on you. Any change in opinion at all and someone is a flip-flopper. Love that world too.

Sorry, FDR was a slaveowner..........He created the welfare state, he started social security to pay out at age 68 when the average life span was 64. The "New Deal" is another liberal "Myth". He took "gold" away from common americans and gave it to the GOV.

FDR a slave owner? It's news to me. Show me a source. Who knows? It could be true.

I'm sorry but at this point I am so distracted by your "odd" use of "quotes" that I can't help but "wonder" what the point to them is.

Anyways, since when did the New Deal take "gold" away from common Americans (amazed you didn't misspell American) and give it to the Gov't? Seriously. How does Welfare and Social Security give money to the government?

Show some evidence before making wild claims.
Try again, sport.

Typical of the Demoslave party. Obama is MUSLIM as fits into their godless society. The word "Token" come to mind.

Wow. Now that is a showstopper. I don't mean your incredible language skills have swayed my opinion: I mean I wonder why I am debating such an idiot. Let's look at the more important part of this one more time, shall we?

Obama is MUSLIM as fits into their godless society.

Again.

MUSLIM...godless society.

How about this. A hearty # YOU and GO # YOURSELF YOU IGNORANT BASTARD.

I don't care. Ban me for it. I could give a damn.

#1 - I didn't say Republicans were against killing. However, the war
in Iraq has nothing to do with blood lust. It has to do with defense
of America and liberation of Iraqis who were being systematically
slaughtered in the hundreds of thousands. By us going into Iraq,
in the long run, American and Iraqi lives will be saved. Your
'convoluted and non logical way of reasoning' (to use your words)
would have kept us out of Iraq ... and thus let Saddam continue to
mass murder and the terrorists to continue to use Iraq as a springboard.

No. You didn't say Republicans were against killing. But the next part brings up a serious question...

How was Iraq a threat to America? How? Do you call a small quantity of high explosives "WMD"s? What about the chemical and biologican weapons and weapons programs that were never found? And their supposed Nuclear program? Yeah. Right. Terrorists use Iraq as a springboard in the way that they say, "Look. Look at what happened to Iraq. America might occupy YOUR country next. They might be killing YOUR sons and brothers and wives and fathers next."

Mass murder of the unborn, blah blah blah, mindless drivel, I'm stupid

Ok I'm paraphrasing. Yet still very close to the original statement.

#4 - There is no such thing as an American Soldier Kid. All our
soldiers are adults and have made the decision to serve in our
Armed Forces.

What. A #ing joke. Are you a soldier? Have you ever been in war? Ever killed somebody else, and had your friends killed in front of your eyes? Do you THINK that the 18 and 19 year old who have been in Iraq for months on end are old enough to be putting their life on the line on the behest of a draft dodging bastard who has NEVER defended his country? He had opportunity. Then again Kerry didn't defend his country either. Vietnam was another utterly pointless war.

G.W. is not a sex addict like Bill Clinton.
Guess you forgot who is in the White House.

No but he's a booze and coc aine addict.

You can not honestly compair ANY democatic adminstrations minority appointments to what GW has done.

True, no Democratic President has appointed a black Secretary of State. Colin Powell, I respect. I may not agree with everything he says or believes, but I respect the man. I respect Condoleeza Rice's accomplishments, however she was sorely inexperienced and overall a #ty NSA.

The lifers on these programs have
to get off the free ride

... You sicken me. Truly. Ever been poor? Ever been on welfare? Ever lived in "the ghetto"? Lived in a predominantly poor neighborhood? The amount of people who abuse the system are FAR outweighed by those who truly need it.

The thought behind quotas was a noble one, but it was
(and is) a failure.

There are no shortages of intelligent and deserving minorities to fill those quotas unless I'm missing something. No wait... I'm not. Stop bitching because the system isn't unfairly balanced in your favor anymore.

The voting rights act was only passed with republican votes. The southern dixiecrats voted against it. Try again.

I should really hope the Republicans (the intelligent ones whom I respect) helped passed the VRA. Once again... dixiecrats =/= Democrats.

Try again. Then again I probably wouldn't bother, due to your lack of a single intelligent argument thus far.

Uh ...... I voted Republican this time .... we are
an interracial family. My daughter is hispanic,
adopted from Bolivia. My neighbors are hard
right republicans and they have adopted children
from Korea. Two of my friends are Republicans
and they are foster families ... with black, white,
asian, hispanic children all coming through ....

Republican doesn't automatically = racist.
Democrat doesn't automatically = best for black America.

Of course not. No one said that. However these retards' inane and senseless arguments are saying the reverse.
Go ahead and congratulate your neighbors for me; they sound like good people.

No, I was referring to a perceived benefit of the Democratic Party. Like I said before, I don't support these programs for the reasons you gave among others. But, if private citizens aren't going to help their fellow man, someone must. But, I think there are too many dependent on the government as the programs stand right now. There are jobs available, jobs to be created, or education to be found, there is no excuse for a lot of these people.

Then, to Dr. Horacid, many opposed to Rice are so because they believe her to be unsuitable for the job. We go from a General to an Oil Executive. But, you seem to be excusing the actions of Bush and even praising Rice's appointment because you seem to believe in affirmative action. Just an observation.

Jamuhn is right. You really should listen. Closely.

At this point I'm not even going to bother with mentioning that Rice's family were in no way poverty stricken.

Though, there are many biased parts of this article and a lot of it is propaganda, I do agree to some level. But, the title of the article and the clear bias towards the Republican party is what is driving me away from this. I'm neither a democrat nor a republican and while I have no problem with the article talking about the faults of the democratic party, the parts about Rice and Powell showing how Republicans love minorities is pure propaganda. It is almost gives me a sense that Bush is practicing affirmative action with the highest offices in our country. That just makes me mad.

You know, you can take everything Jamuhn has said and apply it to me. In fact. Do it.

Well Loki. I can't follow what you are saying.

Dr. Rice is 'whiter' than you because she went to a good college
and it looks like her family could afford it? (or she got scholarships)

You are retarded. You probably can't follow anything I'm saying either.

Rice is "whiter" than Loki because she lived what is the more privaleged life usually relegated to caucasians only.

Since when do you have to be "poor" to understand racisim? And since when is a college education a "right". The US gov has no business "assisting" anyone for college, period. Not even vets. Mr. Rice earned everything she has, period. The slavemasters don't like it when a black goes off the plantation. Look at Justice Thomas. Demoslaves wake up.........free yourself.

You don't need to be poor to understand racism. But since when is correcting an unbalanced and discriminatory system not an obligation of the government? Don't even get me started on Clarence Thomas. Why don't you go and spend some time with people who don't agree with you. It may be good for you. It might open your mind up just a tad.

Ahhhhhhhhh ... HOME SCHOOLED!!!!!! We homeschool. EXCELLENT
way to start kids off in the world.

Funny. I don't disagree with you. But in this situation I feel sorry for your childrens, being forced to put up with your hateful ass.

Oh, and being dean at a large college like DU would probably net someone a healthy six figures

I think you may have slightly overstated that figure, Loki. Just a thought.

I don't think the profs. there [U of Alabama] were paid enough.

Have I mentioned yet that a small fraction of the ridiculous defense budget could raise every proffessor and teacher's salary by 200%?

What have you done for us lately besides enslave every generation of poor Americans since then to the welfare and entitlement state?

Welfare is both intended to, and DOES help. The "entitlement state" you speak of stems from the argument that minorities have been unfairly discriminated against, and are entitled to a balance.

Yes,,just another one of the DNC myths.

The Democrats have always railed away about how the rich pay little or no taxes..well they are right, if you are as rich as Kerry.

But then they define rich as any family that makes more than 200,000, which while a very nice income, is not exactly a definition of rich, as 35% of that income goes to taxes.

Obviously, the agenda of the DNC has been to pit the lower middle-class against the upper middle class, in essence stymieing upward mobility and preventing the upper middle class from joining the ranks of the truly rich.

Sigh. Sure. Sure it is. I'm amazed. You can't even argue against such an idiotic and false accusation. It is so inherently wrong it is almost as if arguing against it would lend it more credibility.

Thats what you get when Lib's take over the school systems. Truth, history, civics have all been forgotten.

Yes. I suppose we should be teaching creationism in Freshman Science as well. Once again. You are stupid. Go away. Go hide in a hole until you mutate a functional brain. Or maybe ask for a transplant.

Again a Liberal angle on the truth. The original name of the party was the "States Rights Party", dixiecrat is a liberal name assigned by the media.

I fail to see how this supports your position. In fact, it doesn't. It harms your opinion.

Repubicans are for the uplifting of americans !!! Democrats use their idea's of the Racist Society to get their votes! This is just Shocking !! The fact that Repubicans want to cut the Democrats off at the knee's on this issue by uplifting Minorities , and demonstrating the power of education is proof to all , that Republicans do care about the minority in this country! And we are willing to Show it ! The Democrats seem to me that they could care less about Minorities as long as they continue to vote Democratic!

Another retard joins the mix. I find it ironic that you joined on 7-11. That's probably where you work. No proof, nothing to back up claims. Just more stupid statements.

how do you figure underfund, education funding is 150%. it is a nice line but why should we as a nation continue to stuff more money into a failed and falling faster system.

It's underfunded in the way that the bill called for way more funds then were appropriated to it. A complete overhaul of the education system was needed and Bush failed once again. I find it ironic you claim the system is supposedly failing faster because our national test scores in Science and Math are increasing. Then again, this can be attributed to the same mental handicap that keeps you arguing with the original two idiots.

Bye, bitches.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
FlyerFan and DrHoracid, you are a bunch of hateful, idiotic, and narrowminded dumb#s.

FlyerFan: I feel sorry for your children being forced to grow up with such a hateful bitch.

Every point you have ever raised is inane and stupid. Your insipid use of the word "demoslaves" makes me want to puke. Other REAL Republicans are probably ashamed of you. Your "bizarre" use of "quotes" makes me
"wonder" what the "hell" they are "for". In short, go hide in a cave until you develop a real brain, put your children up for adoption, and speak with some people who differ in opinion. It will be a real learning experience.

Once again.

Typical of the Demoslave party. Obama is MUSLIM as fits into their godless society. The word "Token" come to mind.

Go fucc yourself. Dumb bitches.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by YuneJP]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by DrHoracid
It is unfortunate that so many on this site are "brainwashed". Dem's voted against the "voting rights act" in droves in the 60's. Abortion does murder a disproportionate number of "black" children not only in the US but worldwide. Nixon started the EPA which was to clean up toxic waste which was often located in poor areas. Clintons "mentor" was a known racest, Al Gores father was a know racest. How many blacks live on Cape Cod near the Kennedy Compound (almost 0). The last anti-busing riot was in BOSTON (liberal heaven) How many childeren were 'MURDERED" by SADDAM! America "donated" the BLOOD of 1100 of its sons to free IRAQ.

Facts and words mean nothing to libs.......only emotion and intent. Action means little.

This stuff going back and forth only furthers my position that the powers that be have succeeded. No one sees what's REALLY going on in America, they've successfully blinded both Rep. and Dem.'s with hatred for each other, any tidbit of fluff that can be used to sling at the other will be slung. A completely divided nation. It's a shame, it started out so well. :shk:

I having nothing against minorities, especially since i am one. As for for Republicans caring more than Democrats for blacks. I don't think so. What about the situation is Sudan, if Life was really more important than anything, If Genocide is Wrong? Why don't we do something about it? HMMmmmmmmmmmm.

Republicans do more for blacks,whites, hispanics, asians in this country? well definetly not the people that are percieved to be True Republicans in control right now.
it's not really about race, it's about Rich and poor. always has. People who don't have enough money to feed their own children, pay for rent, pay for their school.
Did you realize that that after school programs have been cut in half in the past four years? These programs tutored kids, counsled parents and children about beliefs and morals and how to best apply yourslef in society. Gang prevention groups for youngins' , Dont think they work huh? Fine go move to the City, A real city Like Los Angeles, New York, Miami , Detroit , Chicago.
I'm not saying that Republicans are evil, just the people in control spending all our money! Moving jobs overseas. DId you notice that this year That to be one of the "50 richest people in america" you had to be near the Billion mark. But that the yearly annual wage of most americans is still ten thousand less than it was 5yrs ago. Health care is more expansive , College is more expansive, but yet minimum wage hasn't changed Since i was in highschool?
Wonder why blacks and Jews vote Democratic, look it up! Even the token symbol of a park in a poor neighborhood is more than most politicians have given us. And yes i do live in a Not so bright Place to live. A place where you try your hardest to survive and still, the race between the wage you earn and the cost of living is being won by cost! IT works now Better so if you want help now to raise your kids right You have to be involved a religious org. Yes i did live on Welfare when i was a kid, But my mother used it Only until she was able to go to work and be able to pay for a babysitter for Four kids. My statements are flawed, they're without a Gillion links to support it, IF you might care you would do your own research. I don't think things always be this way, As alwasy they'll be good years and bad years. enough ranting by me , but really your all choosing sides, accepting some truth instead of seeing reality.
6yrs ago i could ask most people between 18-26"Hey dude, are you a Dem or repub" and they would say "whoever is the best person", We are picking sides just cause We think whatever party holds our views but really doesnt'. If you think a label most politicians support, makes them for you and not for the money, power and views of their rich supporters your wrong.

Not all politicians, alot of Damn good people Trying to make this a better country, ALot of open minded people not letting Ignorance get in the way of whats wrong in the world. The list of complaints goes on and on. People make points towards it and against it. But still we bicker over what should be important. Over what Is important

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
YuneJP

you are a little mad....wow, what a tirade, i wonder what life has dealt you. the name calling and the 7-11 retort, jahmun must be proud to be associated with the likes of you.

also i'm not sure what science scores you're talking about, however english scores are faillng faster than your vaunted math increase

First, the maker of America's second-most popular college entrance exam releases this year's test scores and declares incoming freshmen largely unprepared for math and science classes. A week later, results from the nation's No. 1 test show math scores at a 35- year high.www.rednova.com...

and here is a quote from the same article and it is about as funny as your lauding the system

"To have scores higher than 35 years ago and to be testing a larger and more diverse student body than was tested 35 years ago is pretty darn impressive _ whether they're ready for college or not," Porter said.

you can also check the need for remedial math courses is much greater now than prior....think about it for a moment, scores are rising yet there is an increasing need for remedial math courses. let's see they redo those tests about every two years right.....i guess if you make them easy enough then folks will score a little better. now should i call you a retard or stupid because you might not agree.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Pure propaganda-

1963 everywhere- America had racial tensions.

Big deal- so Condi Rice is special? Yeah, now she is.

In 1963 on for a few years Blacks, Whites, Hispanics and in a few isolated place Orientals and Native Americans strutted for attention and power.

Wow, so that makes the Democrats slave masters in disguise? What a leap of logic. Bad thing about logic- it often ignores reality.

Neither major political party (Democrat or Republican) was a slave party. At least after 1865.

The Democrats for some reason flipped when the Great Depression hit- why they decided to take on the cause of the unemployed, the poor, the homeless is still a mystery. Both parties worked hard and most of the time together at the national and at state levels to try and solve the problems of the Depression.

The lead in post of this thread is hateful to every American, Democrat, Republican and others. For a forum purporting to debunk and expose many schemes and conspiracies this is the right place for a thread such as this- what crooked thinking and history massaging.

You like Condi Rice- fine. Don't try to pass her off as a saint.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
the name calling and the 7-11 retort, jahmun must be proud to be associated with the likes of you.

Originally posted by keholmes in a previous thread
....so what do you do stock clerk at the local 7-11?

We have a winner.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludite
Pure propaganda-

Neither major political party (Democrat or Republican) was a slave party. At least after 1865.

Democrats had white only primary in the south during 30s, 40s. They changed after CRM.
They are slave party

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Gosh, it's amazing how so many people can make such broad generalizations about the opposing party.

There's not a snowballs chance in hell I'd ever base my views on the republican party because of a select few 'nutcases.' No one can really believe every Republican is a neo-con, or a christian fundamentalist, or a warmongering fool, or that every Democrat is 'whiny' or an 'athiest,' or that we all 'hate America.'

No, that's rediculous when you think about it. Yes, I'm ashamed of things from my parties past, but that was the past. I picked this party because it better fit my personal stance on the issues. The Issues, not what happened 40 years ago somewhere. I mean, Cheney voted against the Equal Rights Amendment and sanctions on South Africa's apartheid government, Trent Lott said something racist once, and the Bush family funded the third reich, but if the GOP core platform fit my beliefs better, I wouldn't be reluctant to vote Repub because of a few scattered unfortinate instances.

But mostly, as a minority, using race as a factor for political gain or party bashing is what really pisses me off, no matter what party it may be.

[edit on 11/24/2004 by Verdis Quo]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well, at least they have liberals like you to look out for them because I guess by your reasoning they aren�t mentally capable of looking out for themselves�.maybe we should just apply old democrat philosophy and put them in internment camps in the middle of deserts.

If thinking for myself, and not letting the media or Rush do it for me then I am proud to be a liberal. I don't think the government should take care of any lazy #ers period or mentally retarded or physically handicapped. I am a firm believer in survival of the fittest. Literally I think it�s bad for the gene pool to even keep the mentally deranged or disease infested people around. That goes for any genetic disease period! Why prolong the life of people with Aids they are a drain on our system and it�s their own fault they chose that lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Well, at least they have liberals like you to look out for them because I guess by your reasoning they aren�t mentally capable of looking out for themselves�.maybe we should just apply old democrat philosophy and put them in internment camps in the middle of deserts.

If thinking for myself, and not letting the media or Rush do it for me then I am proud to be a liberal. I don't think the government should take care of any lazy #ers period or mentally retarded or physically handicapped. I am a firm believer in survival of the fittest. Literally I think it�s bad for the gene pool to even keep the mentally deranged or disease infested people around. That goes for any genetic disease period! Why prolong the life of people with Aids they are a drain on our system and it�s their own fault they chose that lifestyle.

I feel ignorant.. This is slathered with Sarcasm correct?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

�����.The white slave owners took the strongest black men and breed them with the woman even if they were related so this is why you have many genetic disorders in the black population like sickle cell anemia which Africans don�t have in huge numbers but African Americans do because we inbreed the # out of them. What kind of mental disorders does inbreeding cause? I wonder����.

�����.Literally I think it�s bad for the gene pool to even keep the mentally deranged or disease infested people around. That goes for any genetic disease period!...........

So are you proposing active hunting of African Americans or just not allowing medical care? Is that your stand, or have I somehow misstated it?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

the name calling and the 7-11 retort, jahmun must be proud to be associated with the likes of you.

Originally posted by keholmes in a previous thread
....so what do you do stock clerk at the local 7-11?

so are they analogous, equivalent what's your point? is it that both posts have the same three numbers, 7-11. nice. thanks for highlighting the previous posts though. however i'm thinking i might have been wrong.....are you a cop and did you prep the evidence for the OJ trial?

[edit on 25-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ms. Rice and her life story Republican style, fix, patched and make into a real martyr story, but the truth is that is just a way for the the republican party to used her skin color for political game and she went along with it and now she is getting her pay back.

And now Christian magazines are praising the Saint Rice to become the example of Christian life.

I laughter about it.

I thing she will be canonize very soon.

www.mypalal.com...
homepage.mac.com...

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Frosty]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM
Then why did they underfund the "No Child Left Behind Act"?
They control the White House and the Congress, so you can't blaim that on Democrats.

how do you figure underfund, education funding is 150%.

ANd yet they still underfunded this act that they are tauting as a success stiry.

Originally posted by keholmesit is a nice line but why should we as a nation continue to stuff more money into a failed and falling faster system.

Ah, yes the "We should just get rid of public schools so everyone can go to a nice private school like my kids do." arguement. Nice, try fixing it eh?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The majority of black folk are liberal in their thinking. Of course there is a line to draw. I recently got into a heated debate with my mother over gay marriage. She came off sounding like a straight up red-stater. I was shocked she doesn't even believe in civil unions--then she said, yall X'ers are going to ruin this country. OMG! That's age-ism or something.

I can't speak for all black folk but I can speak for those I know and most of them truly believe that its a woman's right to choose, the death penalty is legal lynching, and prayer should be done before you go to school; not in school. Then, there is affirmative action. This is the major issue and sits out there by itself. As long as Republicans oppose it, I can't see them getting a majority of the black vote.

As a people that are continually trying to advance and overcome past oppression you'll be hard pressed to find one of us that isn't liberal. Many times black-republicans are rich folk like Dr. Rice. She grew up in an affluent black family. She had money and resources and many times that kept black folk away from the drama that was civil rights. I wonder what she was doing while everyone else was marching for rights? Did she just stick her nose in a book and never look up to see that others were doing? Did she even notice the people that died so that she could eventually be put in the position oh the most powerful woman in America (I still say that's Oprah, but for the sake of the arguement). Fred Hampton, 21 years old! Murdered in his bed while he slept next to his pregnant wife! Rice should have picked up a sign or sat at a lunch counter or two. At least got sprayed with a hose at a protest. Then, I might be able to respect her opinion. But, she's anti-affirmative action--just goes to show how outta touch she is. Oh well. Money makes a difference sometimes. Dr. Rice, Fred Hampton died for you too!

I wonder what it is that conservatives are trying to conserve. They are so starry eyed about the past and the way things were "back then". Not many black folk are starry eyed about the past and the way things were "back then". Its no wonder we are liberals. If a conservative can tell me what he wants to conserve about America's past that doesn't look bleak for folk that look like me then I might just consider---hecks naw...I'm liberal baby!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

This stuff going back and forth only furthers my position that the powers that be have succeeded. No one sees what's REALLY going on in America, they've successfully blinded both Rep. and Dem.'s with hatred for each other, any tidbit of fluff that can be used to sling at the other will be slung.

Great point Intrepid and one I have been pounding for years, the ONLY purpose of the two party system is to play the shell game with the public.

Third parties are our only hope to wretch control of our government back.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
G.W. is not a sex addict like Bill Clinton.

Nope... he's a war addict. At least Bill Clinton's addiction doesn't kill people. He had sex with a 21 year-old... so what? His problem wasn't that he did it... a lot of leaders do. His problem was that he got caught.

In the late 19th century, voters were asked to choose between Grover Cleveland, who was quite honest but had an illegitimate child, and James Blaine, who was personally irreproachable but was professionally corrupt. They chose Cleveland, of course. See the lesson?

Besides... Adolf Hitler didn't drink, didn't smoke and didn't womanize, while Winston Churchill got drunk and sometimes slept in till noon. See the lesson?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join