It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NYPD: Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I had to laugh at that insensitive comment, Tex... so "ha."

Heroin is the gift that keeps on giving, though. Young dabblers invariably turn into old junkies... though old junkies ARE pretty darn rare. Unfortunately, that drug has infiltrated mainstream America due to a planned marketing to youths and a stronger smokeable form, so more mainstream folks are being touched by it... it's not an inner city problem anymore.

Anyway, obviously I have some experience with it and tend to go on, but really, people would be surprised how many people use that substance and keep up a professional (or regular) life. It's something that actually changes one's dna and it becomes as necessary as food and water and with the pills and smokeable forms of opiates they will be a growing part of our society for some time.

And we'll see more notable and regular people drifting off into premature death because of it, until we deal with it's reality in something like the manner a few European countries are.
edit on 2/2/2014 by Baddogma because: clarity

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is so sad. I admired his acting and he was also from my hometown of Fairport, NY. I feel so sorry for his family and especially his children.

Interesting though is the fact that there was a death hoax from January 31st - exactly 2 days ago (11 am) saying he had died.

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Hoffman had struggled with drugs in previous years, including a stint in rehab last year for treatment of a heroin addiction. He was also the subject a recent death hoax that was debunked by his representatives Saturday -- the day before his body was discovered.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

That's a reason I wrote my OP like I did. When I first heard about this on Twitter from WSJ, I Googled it, and everything i saw said death hoax. One of them had even been updated TODAY about the death hoax a few days ago, and nothing was yet available about the actual death. I thought maybe WSJ had been hacked with a pseudo-article, or something...but slowly the real news began to come out.

Very weird.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sad loss, I don't know why anyone even starts to use heroin knowing its danger, but that can be said about eating meat or scarfing down donuts.

I love his film "Schenectady, New York". Not the happiest film to watch, but brilliantly done.

As for everyone who's talking of Hunger Games, why not go right to the original that it was ripped off from, the Japanese masterpiece movie "Battle Royale". Quentin Tarantino lists it as the number one movie he wished he had made. Not for the squeamish, but what is these days.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Well, since neither I nor anyone here (i presume) were friends with him, i figure a touch of insensitivity would be ok. From a man who is old and fat himself.

I think heroin is seeing a rise in use in the US due to our presence in Afghanistan. They have to export it somewhere, right? And we are right there, johnny on the spot, to provide the air fare.

ca 2002: "What are we doing in Afghanistan still? Didnt we already bomb the hell out of them and topple the Taliban? Its a wasteland, what purpose does being there serve"

ca 2014: "Wow, sure is a lot more heroin making its way into the US lately....."

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So sad, he was so good in capote.
Rip

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yeah, re: Afghanistan, but it started in earnest in the 90's from Mexico. They made a stronger form and intentionally marketed it to affluent white kids in a purer smokeable form. [snip]

I think certain black ops guys were making money and decided to cut out the Mexican middlemen and thus, Afghanistan. Black ops are all over the drug trade.
[snip] I only know of one person of thousands who is "clean" now and it was done over a many years long wean-off of methadone... and once "clean" the receptors are telling the brain they need to be filled forever after... and relapses are the most common time for death because the addict's tolerance is lower and they take their usual dose and die.

Which brings it back to PSH... sigh.

edit on 2-2-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

There were warnings about that bad stuff out there and now there is krockidl, spellin that make you skin rotten

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

The movie was " The Master" and a brilliant movie, they don´t say its about Hubbard but it is more or less obvious. There were another movie called " The Profit " which scientology church got banned from US distribution but its dated long before Seymore´s movie.

I feel sad, he was a great actor and poor children they are so small, to loose father like this

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes can happen. My first husband died of a heroin overdose, one syringe of a new variety, new strength. One wave of stronger than average heroin killed many people in one year where I live.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Obviously fake, promoting the next american revolution subliminally packed Hunger Games 2 film on Super Bowl day.

Don't believe me? Go watch that movie and tell me it isn't geared toward the youth rebelling against our corrupt system. He starred in that movie and I'm sure it will be talked about side by side with the Super Bowl, the #1 watched event in the world.

The Illuminati always has a plan.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

Or they killed him because he was the mole inside the corrupt system figure of the movie?
Correct that movie is chalk full of revo undertones, couldn't help but think that myself.
Just don't see them faking his death in response to that.
Also if it had stopped production of the movies completely that would sell me on that idea too.
Now if it really was a murder not a suicide I am sure those threads are only days, maybe hours away, but I don't think its fake.

edit on ndSun, 02 Feb 2014 16:22:30 -0600America/Chicago220143080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
On screen he was nothing but intense and mesmerising.

Off screen, who knows? Only him and his closest family, perhaps even only himself? He strikes me as a deep thinker, and I seem to equate many deep thinkers with depression. If you think about the world long enough and our part within it, it's incredibly hard to come to any other conclusion other than despair.

Hmm. The jump to drug overdose is not concrete though, perhaps the syringe was empty and he pumped 'air' into his veins to cause cardiac arrest?

Either way, like his performances, his last action had him at the center stealing the limelight.
Thoughts to his family.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

He'd been sober for 23 years but recently relapsed. Then went to a rehab. Now this.

He was really a great actor.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

When famous people die, I go with the Elysium theory (if you've seen it). Not in a exact sense but the theme of rich people having a separate place to live. For all we know, their could be an 8th continent not shown on our map.
That being said, the Illuminati can then hand pick who they want to "die". In this case it is someone from recent Hunger Games 2 movie, which I felt was a massive propaganda film.

Only thing left to do is have something go down at the Super Bowl, either a false flag or some sort of power outage type staged event. Maybe a shooting or blatant missed call that changes the course of the game. Anything themed with revolution is what they want, so look for them trying exploit that and get Americans angry and questioning authority.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

They fi und two bags of heroin. He was noticed absent when he didnt show up to pick his kids up from school. So very doubtful anything but overdose or some sudden cardiac issue triggered by the drug use.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

I dont know about your theory, but I believe he was found in his 10,000 dollar a month new york apartment. Might as well be another world.
edit on 2-2-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think it's also easy to be clean for a long time and then relapse and misjudge what your body can handle, too. Overdose is completely believable. Not everyone has a physiology that gets tolerant and stays that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

He only had 10 days of shooting left on the second half of the final part of the series (not real familiar ao part 3 or 4). They said the release dates of either parts of the final installment wont be delayed.

Hunger Games is a footnote. This guy was a great actor. He played so much more substantial roles.

See:
The Master (he plays an l Ron Hubbard character).
Capote
Syndoche, New York
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead

He had smaller roles in his earlier films like Twitter and Boogie Nights.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

CINY8
This is so sad. I feel so sorry for his family and especially his children

I can't help but see the irony of America feeling so bad for this guy, yet turning a blind eye on all the people dying of heroin overdoses everyday.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join