It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellington Florida, and Pinella's County Say, "NO!" to Fluoride!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Just trying to stay on topic, as I like the whole idea of each of us deciding for ourselves what medications or preventions we personally need.

When we can't be beaten down with stale, institutionalized thinking, then we are guilted with being socially irresponsible.

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Witness2008

Phage
reply to post by Witness2008

I guess you don't understand the concept of community.

You want what you want and be damned with what anyone else wants. Unless they want what you want, then it's ok. Unless they think like you do, then it's ok. Sounds like you should move outta town.

edit on 2/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Oh my. That was not something I expected from you.

Individual health issues are just that, individual. I'd rather not have the whole community deciding what is best for me. I would never try to tell another person how to attend their own unique body and health requirements. I leave that call up to the individual.

Water really should just be water.

Then you don't want to be a part of a society. You want your individual desires to be more important than the welfare of a society.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Individual health issues are just that, individual.
Yeah. But in this case it's also a public health issue. It's a matter of community impact. Do you think the community exists for your benefit and yours alone? It's not a matter of what's best for you. It's a matter of what the community thinks is best for the community.
drc.hhs.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Pimpintology
Happy to see this poison being removed from the water supply. I'm pretty sure once its all out they will offer free bags to anyone still wanting to consume it as they cannot dispose of it because its so toxic to the environment.

It occurs naturally in the environment, and is not toxic at natural levels

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What are you a defector of the soviet union or something?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You mean from the Soviet Union? No.
What are you, a hermit or something?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Phage

Yes,in fact i am.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Then, since you don't live in a community, this really wouldn't seem to be of much concern to you.
Or do you just take advantage of a community and ignore the responsibilities? See, actual hermits tend to get as far away from community as they can get, mostly to avoid the responsibilities (and sacrifice of personal freedoms) that are inherent and unavoidable in a community setting.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Lol sum serious banter goin on ea

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am about to get really socially responsible here.

We need to out law sugar. The number one cause of tooth decay is SUGAR. Could also take care of the growing obesity problem in the fluoridated Western countries.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The number one cause of tooth decay is SUGAR.

Do you have the data to support this statement?

But if you do, you can't just proclaim your solution. Ideally the community would have to agree. But I think in this case it would definitely be in the hands of politicians. I don't think it would fly.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The science of water fluoridation is very weak and combined with the potential for damage to people's health it seems to be wise to err on the side of safety. The money could be better used to give dental care to people who can't afford it, if that it what the governments wish to do.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by saneguy

The science of water fluoridation is very weak and combined with the potential for damage to people's health it seems to be wise to err on the side of safety.
Actually, that isn't true. There are decades of use of artificial fluoridation as well as a lot longer record of natural fluoridation that shows that low levels of fluoride are not harmful and do have beneficial effects.

The money could be better used to give dental care to people who can't afford it, if that it what the governments wish to do.
Right, take care of them when their teeth start falling out. Good plan.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

PRS395

Thank you for posting this. This is a fight for our lives which most people don't believe or refuse to believe that the ADA, the Government, EPA and all the others have been lying to us the whole time.

Here is a copy and paste of more info on the topic. Look it up!

Fluoride at very low levels destroys at least 66 out of 83 enzymes (p. 53, GTBD) by uncoupling the hydrogen bond linkage between the enzyme coils. Fluoride causes 113 known ailments (p. 54, GTBD). Ten of these were established through double blind studies, which although noteworthy, may be of no more significance than the individual diagnoses.

Fluoride in the gels used (inappropriately) to harden the enamel is extremely toxic at a concentration of 13,000 ppm (1.3%). Keith Kantor of McMinneville Oregon was killed in the dentist's chair 3 years ago by swallowing half a teaspoon of the gel. His brother nearly died from the same treatment, but was saved by having calcium gluconate administered to him.

Three kidney dialysis patients at the University of Chicago Medical School were killed 3 years ago when nurses used unpurified Chicago tap water for dialysis. Chicago water has 2 ppm fluoride in it during the winter. Fluoridated water is lethal to dialysis patients. Fluoride is also very harmful to the kidneys of ordinary people.

One can look up the lethal dose of a large number of chemicals all the way from botulinum and snake poison toxins to sugar, a non-toxin, on pages 57and 58 of my book GTBD. It is interesting that the lethal dosage of fluoride compound for a 50 kg man is 2.5 mg (fluoroacetic acid), and 400 mg for arsenic oxide. Numerous people, animals and fish on earth, especially in the U.S., have been killed by fluoride, but very few, if any, by arsenic.

Yes this is obviously a cut-and-paste from a site with an agenda. Because it's not true

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Phage

The number one cause of tooth decay is SUGAR.

Do you have the data to support this statement?

But if you do, you can't just proclaim your solution. Ideally the community would have to agree. But I think in this case it would definitely be in the hands of politicians. I don't think it would fly.
en.wikipedia.org...

Odd logic here.

Sugar is an individual choice, politically, judicially, and as far as the community is concerned they want their sugar no matter the cost.

But the individual who tends to their health are force medicated as prevention for the rest of the tweaked out community. Seem a little lop sided to you?

One of the reasons I don't like the community making my health decisions. The community I.Q has dropped steadily over the past 50 or so years.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saneguy

Or better yet. Make fluoride pills available to anyone that wants them. I'll start a fluoride trust fund to buy them for those that can't afford it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

onequestion

Phage

Yes,in fact i am.

A hermit that has a brain and mind that actually works when it is not plugged into the collective.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Odd logic here.

Sugar is an individual choice, politically, judicially, and as far as the community is concerned they want their sugar no matter the cost.
No. The logic is consistent. Sugar may well have community impacts. It would then be within the purview of the community to do what it could to mitigate those impacts. But it isn't an accurate analog to fluoridation. Fluoridation does provide proven health benefits. Sugar, not so much.

But the individual who tends to their health are force medicated as prevention for the rest of the tweaked out community. Seem a little lop sided to you?
I disagree that fluoridation is medication any more that vitamins are but that is a matter of semantics.

One of the reasons I don't like the community making my health decisions. The community I.Q has dropped steadily over the past 50 or so years.
Yeah, I've noticed. They tend to ignore science and pay more attention to hype nowadays. I think it's cause of the innernet.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Let me clarify for people who are reading Phages responses that the strength of the community lies within in the individual and not the collective.

This is the modus operandi that the United States was founded on.

Ok, continue the nonsensical circular debate.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Let me clarify for people who are reading Phages responses that the strength of the community lies within in the individual and not the collective.

You mean something like anarchy? No, I don't think so.
Then there's that whole thing about home rule and democracy?

But you're a hermit, you aren't part of the community, right?

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join