It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellington Florida, and Pinella's County Say, "NO!" to Fluoride!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

Thats right.

How much of it has to do with economic policy and lobbying politics?

None of that would happen if the people stood against it. But again, you have millions of people in this country willing to physically fight for the ability of oil companies to pollute our world. Because they believe political arguments rather than science.

Fluoridation has become the same: people passionate against science because it offends their personsl biases

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The argument is free market and when policy affects the free market then it creates an economic situation that brings us to fascism and political lobbying.

Weather is reaps giant profits or not its subsidized by the government.

Policy should not affect the market.

Im podcasting and responding this may not be coherent.
edit on 20142America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago3628142014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Free market without policy intervention leads to corporate abuse and consumer exploitation.

Either way, I was talking about science and the willful ignorance of people choosing to ignore the science of fluoridation

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What happened to personal choice?

By fluoridating the water they are forcing the consumer to choose alternative more costly solutions to having clean water right?

Like Phage said, just go buy water. But were already paying for water.

edit on 20142America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1128482014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

onequestion

What happened to personal choice?

By fluoridating the water they are forcing the consumer to choose alternative more costly solutions to having clean water right?

Like Phage said, just go buy water. But were already paying for water.

edit on 20142America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1128482014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Back to my original point: the general welfare of a society often supercedes an individual's perceived right

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

But were already paying for water.

Only the water you use.
You want to flush your toilet with distilled water? I don't. And I don't want to pay to have my water distilled. If you do, go to the store and buy some.

www.epa.gov...
edit on 2/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here are some step by step instructions for treating water supplies with fluoride.

www.ct.gov...

Notice the extra steps and additives it takes to protect tanks and pumps from the fluorides corrosive properties. I'm sure that the cost of all those extra measures to protect their hardware from fluoride damage are passed on to everyone.

Seems to me that if they just put that industrial waste into gel caps and offered them at walmart, walgreens and other retail stores, not only would every water bill decrease, but a lot of folks would be happy for not having to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year in trying to eliminate fluoride from their lives.

Oh look here, they already do make a fluoride pill.
www.drugs.com...

An excerpt

Do not exceed the dose recommended by your doctor or dentist. Notify your dentist if your teeth become spotted or stained. Sodium fluoride chewable tablets is not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 6 months old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed. Caution is advised when using sodium fluoride chewable tablets in CHILDREN younger than 6 years old. The appropriate dose of sodium fluoride chewable tablets depends on the child's age and the amount of fluoride in the drinking water. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about the appropriate dose for your child or the amount of fluoride in your drinking water. PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking sodium fluoride chewable tablets, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using sodium fluoride chewable tablets while pregnant. It is not known if sodium fluoride chewable tablets is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using sodium fluoride chewable tablets, check with your doctor. Discuss the risks to your baby.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I'm sure that the cost of all those extra measures to protect their hardware from fluoride damage are passed on to everyone.
Yup. A total cost of $0.50 to $3.00 per person per year. Exorbitant.
www.wda.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You can buy distilled water at your neighborhood store. Your choice. I don't want to pay to have distilled tap water.
reply to post by Phage

Not to worry, just purchase a 5 stage Reverse Osmosis system and you are good to go.

The filters last for a couple of years and are very cheap, the membrane lasts for about 5 years and costs a bit more.
It is much cheaper than buying bottled water at random times for a walk or whatever.

We have had our system for about 5/6 years now and never looking back.

Tap water makes me gag, bottled water that is not RO is inferior big time.
Next year our city of about 75 K is putting it to a vote and I suspect it will be removed at that time.:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

No need. My water is fine the way it is.

Next year our city of about 75 K is putting it to a vote and I suspect it will be removed at that time
A popular vote? That's cool. It is exactly the sort of thing that should be decided by the community, not politicians. At least that way it can be people over science rather than politics over science. It also provides a clearer view of the community opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Iwinder

No need. My water is fine the way it is.

Next year our city of about 75 K is putting it to a vote and I suspect it will be removed at that time
A popular vote? That's cool. It is exactly the sort of thing that should be decided by the community, not politicians. At least that way it can be people over science rather than politics over science. It also provides a clearer view of the community opinion.

I agree and thanks for your insight, it's all but guaranteed to be removed. Our city was the first or second city in Canada to introduce this waste by-product into the water supply way way back before you or I was born.

If you want to google it the city is Sarnia Ontario.......

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Shouldnt it be individual choice rather then community choice?

If you want fluoride in water then put it there dont make us all drink it cause you want it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Shouldnt it be individual choice rather then community choice? If you want fluoride in water then put it there dont make us all drink it cause you want it.

Thats how we felt too, but given the known toxins in our water we could only do one thing and that was go it alone with a 5 stage RO system.

No need to wait for a vote on it we got on our horse and got the hell out of dodge.

Crisp clean water for almost no cost at all.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Shouldnt it be individual choice rather then community choice?

Not really. For one thing, it is a public health issue. Who bears the cost of dental care for those in the community who can't? Prevention of dental disease is much less expensive than treatment.
drc.hhs.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Phage

I'm sure that the cost of all those extra measures to protect their hardware from fluoride damage are passed on to everyone.
Yup. A total cost of $0.50 to $3.00 per person per year. Exorbitant.
www.wda.org...

Yep. A real bargain, until you realize how cheaply our bodies are being sold as waste treatment centers for the fertilizer and aluminum industries. Ya know...If you want fluoride in your body....go for it. I don't want it in my body and shouldn't have to pay money to avoid being medicated against my will.

It is a fairly simple and cost effective solution to remove it from all water supplies and allow the individuals who want fluoride in there bodies to go and buy it themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thats your entire argument for fluoridating water is dental prevention?

And your analysing this from the perspective of cost? The means justifies the ends. So is it because of science or cost?

And who cares about the freedom of choice and the free market right?

Please show me a study of dental record history and its correlation to fluoridating the water and tie it together with the rise in sugar in our foods.

Lets get down to the science then shall we.
edit on 20142America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago4028532014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

For one thing, it is a public health issue.

Obesity is an even bigger health issue. Are you suggesting that we all diet?

There is a Stalinesque quality to your arguments.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Because its cheaper to treat obesity by adding adderal to the water and preventing many diseases lets do that too. Kids will get better grades and it will improve overall production as well its a win win for soceity.

Good idea i love the direction this way of thinking it bringing us.
edit on 20142America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago4428562014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

A real bargain, until you realize how cheaply our bodies are being sold as waste treatment centers for the fertilizer and aluminum industries.

As pointed out previously, hexafluorosilicic acid is not a waste product of aluminum production.
As pointed out, hexafluorosilicic acid has many uses, it is useful, it is not considered a waste product. It is a byproduct. There is no problem with "waste disposal". As pointed out hexafluorosilicic acid is not put into the water supply.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Comparing a prescription amphetamine to very low concentrations of fluoride, a substance which occurs naturally in many water supplies? A substance which has no harmful effects at those low concentrations.

That wouldn't be a bit of a strawman argument, would it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join