It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellington Florida, and Pinella's County Say, "NO!" to Fluoride!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Then keep putting it in toothpaste, which the manufactures of, are required to list fluoride as an ingredient.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Right. Let is be choice and free market that decides, not government. The water just be cleaned to its purest form and then distribute. To manufacture additives to the water creates a corporate entity who now is financially accountable to this legislation and it creates incentive to lobby politics.

Its bad on many levels. But hey its science.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are correct. It was not. It was based upon free choice and bringing back one of our long, lost freedoms. Freedom from forced medication.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yeah. I guess chlorination is forced medication too. If you want to take that point of view.
If some people don't want it, it should be stopped. Forget the public health issues.

edit on 2/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I have a love hate relationship with Science. It has been used to kill and help. Seems to me we should be free enough to decide for ourselves as to how to incorporate it into lives. The county made a decision based upon the rights of the individual. Hope to see more of them.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Address my last post please.

Thanks ahead of time.

( in a non threatening and to further conversation perspective )

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Chlorination is being debated amongst some communities. Communities in Canada and Europe are disinfecting water supplies with ozone.

A good heated debate over forced chlorination may give rise to cleaner lakes, rivers and streams.

I always thought science should move us forward.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So even though worldwide medical and scientific consensus supports water fluoridation (as well as decades of proven results), we should stop it in the name of liberty.

We should probably stop the process of making water suitable for consumption as well. Because...well, liberty!

Adding iodine to salt? horrendous!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

Your missing the point.

This affects the free market and capitalism by creating corporate lobbyist who fund political compaigns to keep themselves in business.

Rather then doing that they need to clean water to its purest form and distribute it and allow for the people to decide what supplements they want in their water.

Dont care about that though we love government making our descions for us!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

To manufacture additives to the water creates a corporate entity who now is financially accountable to this legislation and it creates incentive to lobby politics.

I don't think so. There isn't a lot of profit in fluoridation. I don't think that really comes into the picture a whole lot.
www.wda.org...
That $0.50 per person per year includes labor and other costs. So what then, the manufacturer gets a couple of cents a year per person?

I don't think there's a big fluoride manufacturers lobby. Or that they have much of a role in the decision making process.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Adding iodine to salt? horrendous!

I chose not to use iodized salt.

I don't understand how anyone can argue that freedom from forced medication must be set aside for a few folks that can't take care of their own mouth. Since when does science and the corporate minded give a rats A$$ about any ones mouth?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Rather then doing that they need to clean water to its purest form and distribute it and allow for the people to decide what supplements they want in their water.

You can buy distilled water at your neighborhood store. Your choice. I don't want to pay to have distilled tap water.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It is not just about mouths. Proper dental hygiene affects the whole body. People die from tooth abcesses and infections. Fluoride has prevented this in many cases.

The issue is about societal participation. Americans decided long ago that we are in this thing together, and that we want to live in a society that looks after one another.

Yes I understand that many people in this country care more about their individual "freedoms" than they do the welfare of humanity

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No they didnt and thats aparent in our economy. They only work together when its economically feasible for them to do so.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't think so. There isn't a lot of profit in fluoridation. I don't think that really comes into the picture a whole lot.

Hexafluorosilicic acid is also commonly used for water fluoridation in several countries including the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland. In the U.S., about 40,000 tons of fluorosilicic acid is recovered from phosphoric acid plants, and then used primarily in water fluoridation, sometimes after being processed into sodium silicofluoride.[5] In this application, the hexafluorosilicic acid converts to the fluoride ion (F-), which is the active agent for the protection of teeth.

I wonder what the disposal cost of all of that industrial waste would be?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

onequestion

No they didnt and thats aparent in our economy. They only work together when its economically feasible for them to do so.

No Americans have been very clear for a long time that they want a society that is reciprocal. Unfortunately, in the last 60 years or so, corporations and politicians have been able to dupe people into adopting a more narcissistic approach to life.

It's ALWAYS economically feasible in the long run to have a participatory society. But people are easily manipulated.

How else would you explain the success the oil industry?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The oil industry is not a good example to support your argument.

The oil industry has consitently destroyed the enviornment, culture and the people of the enviornment where it drills. They have lobbied politics to suppress green and organic energy and bought patents and many many many other things.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

onequestion

The oil industry is not a good example to support your argument.

The oil industry has consitently destroyed the enviornment, culture and the people of the enviornment where it drills. They have lobbied politics to suppress green and organic energy and bought patents and many many many other things.

Exactly! That supports my argument that corporations have been able to dupe the public into working against our best interests and for individual profit

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thats right.

How much of it has to do with economic policy and lobbying politics?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I wonder what the disposal cost of all of that industrial waste would be?
Why would it be disposed of? It seems to be very useful stuff.
From your source:

The majority of the hexafluorosilicic acid is converted to aluminium fluoride and cryolite. These materials are central to the conversion of aluminium ore into aluminium metal.

Hexafluorosilicic acid is also converted to a variety of useful hexafluorosilicate salts. The potassium salt is used in the production of porceleins, the magnesium salt for hardened concretes and as an insecticide, and the barium salts for phosphors.

Hexafluorosilicic acid is also used as an electrolyte in the Betts electrolytic process for refining lead.

H2SiF6 is a specialized reagent in organic synthesis for cleaving Si-O bonds of silyl ethers. It is more reactive for this purpose than HF. It reacts faster with t-butyldimethysilyl (TBDMS) ethers than triisopropylsilyl (TIPS) ethers.[8]

Hexafluorosilicic acid and the salts are used as wood preservation agents.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join