It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2.5 Gigapixel Picture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
If she knew she was being photographed, I wonder if she'd still have gone topless...

In Holland, they don't care dude... And furthermore, Delft is geek city... Mostly men because of the technical university and colleges there. So she's got to expect that people will probably be spying her and taking photographs whenever she takes her top off...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
I'm aware, it's a panoramic shot of a place in Germany (my German knowledge is rubbish, I only think it's in Germany because there's a sign on the side of a building that reads "Warmte-Krachtcentrale")

Nope... It's in Holland. I used to live about 25 miles away from that city... I passed through it often with the train on the way to Rotterdam. Btw... The grey building on the right is a university building for physics... "Technische Natuurkunde". There are probably some old high school mates of mine in there...

[edit on 22-11-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just saw the railroad where I used to pass. It's in the upper left part of the picture..

And OMFG!! I see The Hague up in the middle!!! That's miles away!!! About 5 to 10 minutes away in the train...

(it's where the rustcolored, twin pointed towers are)

That's the city where this incident happend earlier this month.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is further information and image features (including the legless guy).

The pictures was taken on the top of a university building.

EDIT: Typo... The pictures were taken...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Here is further information and image features (including the legless guy).

The pictures was taken on the top of a university building.

The description of the process demonstrates how such a photo in real-time is beyond the reach of current technology. If someone could create a camera with multiple lenses or a faster tracking element, this could be helpful, but for now, it's still a bit of a pipe dream.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You all realise the guy is cut in half because it's a montage of photo's don't you? You can see a number of lines where the different photos join up. Pity it's not just one huge photo at once... wonder how they did it, huge zoom lense and computer control I'd imagine. Impressive stuff though!

Edit: dammit, somehow missed the rest of the replies after the first page... Ignore my whole post

[edit on 22/11/2004 by Slashpepper]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is another guy with no feet.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is a link to the flash viewer used for the pic. Its free too.
www.zoomify.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ok so where is the topless chick? Please point me in her direction

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
its a nice technique. i really like the end product, it completely boggles my mind that one could create something so detailed, its fantastic.

i hope one day to see one of these, just for the world. (

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Is it just me or does the blond guy with the lady sitting on the bench have a silver spear in his hands?

Or, how about the four people sitting on the lawn next to a parking lot? You can see up the girl's skirt.

[edit on 11/22/2004 by titian]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian
how about the four people sitting on the lawn next to a parking lot? You can see up the girl's skirt.
[edit on 11/22/2004 by titian]

You mean the one where the guy is picking his nose? lol

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Looks like I've stirred up a hornet's nest of voyeurism... It's all good

I'd love to see a few more pics like this one, they are fascinating. Just to see people doing their own thing in their every day lives is reassuring. Especially if you like going toplesss/picking your nose/holding spears/making obscene gestures.

Also thanks for the applause & the extra info thebandit, I didn't realise the exposure time was that long.

Peace

Tandino

EDIT: Got thebandit's name wrong, sorry dude!

[edit on 23-11-2004 by tandino]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Cool.

Has anyone else spoted the naked girl?

Oh my!!! Does this mean I need to start getting dressed before cleaning house? (Well, I thought my creepy neighbor w/binoculars was bad. Now we have 'Space Stalkers' to worry about! Jeez Loueez!)

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wouldn't worry about getting dressed whilst cleaning your place, just keep your eyes open for satellites or really long lenses looking at you!

On a serious note though, this could be (mis?)construed as an invasion of privacy though, ie. looking at a topless lady, or looking up a girl's skirt without their knowledge, things like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna start walking around covered by a sheet, but there must be some personal security implications. On the plus side, imagine what it could bring to the surveillance business. It could only help law-enforcement agencies. I suppose like most things, it's very much a double-edged sword.

Peace

Tandino

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Who wants to sponsor me with this?
*drool*

www.canon-europe.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

near the same building were you saw the guy near the corner there is a guy that is near a sign and he is floating is the street his body is cut off.

riiiiiiiiiiiight

I followed these instructions and I think I see what you are talking about. But it doesnt look like a woman, more like a piece of wood. lol Sorry if I missed it but I was never good at following intructions...or maybe I have had waay too much coffee.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So where's the topless woman?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

can't say I did mate. The computer in work just ran out of virtual memory, good old XP. I don't really need to look for nudity where I work, I'm surrounded by it! If she knew she was being photographed, I wonder if she'd still have gone topless...

where do I apply ?????????

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Who wants to sponsor me with this?
*drool*

www.canon-europe.com...

i found a penny today. and a dime. you cna have that, if you pay for postage.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join