It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts and Alens: Are UFO sighitigngs being covered up? Interesting Yahoo Video.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Nothing ground breaking here, but I found it interesting none the less. This is on Yahoo News today. So here you go enjoy.

screen.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

kurthall
Nothing ground breaking here, but I found it interesting none the less. This is on Yahoo News today. So here you go enjoy.

screen.yahoo.com...

thanks for the heads up. Note that most of it is flat-out lies for the feeble-minded. The voice on the Gordon Cooper segment is obviously not Cooper's.

I posted this, whatever good it will do:

The only thing THIS video shows is the contempt that the webmaster has for the intelligence of his target audience, and for the truth. Whatever may lie behind unexplained sightings, the 'astronaut stories' are not part of them, it's a modern mythology spun and circulated for profit. See www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html for background that the UFO promoters cover up.

ADD: Whatever Mitchell's views are on UFOs based on hearsay, he's made it clear he never encountered any, especially while at NASA, and the claim he said NASA technology was based on acquired alien secrets is flat-out false. Why do media promoters keep getting away with such lies? Probably because they have judged their target audience correctly, sad to say.
edit on 2-2-2014 by JimOberg because: add

edit on 2-2-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

kurthall

screen.yahoo.com...

What did you find interesting, can you maybe share?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

JimOberg

kurthall

screen.yahoo.com...

thanks for the heads up. Note that most of it is flat-out lies for the feeble-minded. The voice on the Gordon Cooper segment is obviously not Cooper's.

I posted this, whatever good it will do:

The only thing THIS video shows is the contempt that the webmaster has for the intelligence of his target audience, and for the truth. Whatever may lie behind unexplained sightings, the 'astronaut stories' are not part of them, it's a modern mythology spun and circulated for profit. See www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html for background that the UFO promoters cover up.

ADD: Whatever Mitchell's views are on UFOs based on hearsay, he's made it clear he never encountered any, especially while at NASA, and the claim he said NASA technology was based on acquired alien secrets is flat-out false. Why do media promoters keep getting away with such lies? Probably because they have judged their target audience correctly, sad to say.
edit on 2-2-2014 by JimOberg because: add

edit on 2-2-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)
So according to you it's the UFO community that's doing the covering up? Please explain that and please explain how people profit from it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Bilk22
So according to you it's the UFO community that's doing the covering up? Please explain that and please explain how people profit from it.

Which parts of the video in question do you think contain unexplained events? The video is the subject of this discussion.

Do you have any questions about the material on the link that I gave? You might concentrate on the astronaut Cooper material to see a pile of information related to judging those stories, information that seems to have been blacked out in the UFO literature -- such as that the 1957 Edwards AFB case that Cooper claims involvement in wound up in the Blue Book files where any competent investigator can read it on line.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You know what I sadly just realized....they government has never really commented on it ever....if they said like "ya man we've seen some weird # but we dont know what it is either". I might believe them...but they say nothing....ever. Of course im a believer anyway but for some reason that video put the obvious thought into my head.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

"ya man we've seen some weird # but we dont know what it is either"
Have you ever looked at the government records? There are actually a number of "unknowns".

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
You know what I sadly just realized....they government has never really commented on it ever....if they said like "ya man we've seen some weird # but we dont know what it is either". I might believe them...but they say nothing....ever. Of course im a believer anyway but for some reason that video put the obvious thought into my head.

This is the biggest issue that concerns me, the 'illusion of knowledge' that infests so many forward-thinking well-meaning young minds. Regarding NASA stories, people in the program from astronauts to flight controllers to scientists and safety experts have repeatedly responded to queries about strange stuff with reams of real data, photos, explanations, and analyses -- none of which seems to have reached your mind, mostly [I suspect] because the information sources you have chosen to trust, have themselves chosen to gate-keep these explanations from your attention.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What isnt there more dialogue?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I'm not sure what you mean but maybe it's because people what to equate "unknown" with "they know but they are lying."

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Phage

What isnt there more dialogue?

My "99 FAQs" on my home page is a sincere attempt to lay groundwork for it, because unusual 'stuff' outside a spaceship COULD be a mission/crew success/safety issue, or even more important, if spotted and recognized in a timely manner. The more eyes watching live video for apparent anomalies, the better -- no matter how many 'false positives' pass in view.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I apologize for my typo.....wasnt paying attention.

My true belief is that the gov just doesnt know how to react to it. I have no evidence of this...just a guess as good as anyone elses.

The phenomenon obviously exists...that I could show evidence of and there is plenty on here as well in my past lines of work. I guess I feel with no statement at all on it ...seems odd to me. Rahm Emanuel was really big on disclosure when he announced he would work with Obama..then nothing. It is just odd to me...why dont more people engage in dialogue about it? It doesnt mean they are covering it up or its a huge conspiracy...id just like to see more dialogue. I suppose if someone doesnt believe there is any phenomenon at all then we are in completely different discussions if that were the case.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Phage

I apologize for my typo.....wasnt paying attention.

My true belief is that the gov just doesnt know how to react to it. I have no evidence of this...just a guess as good as anyone elses.

The phenomenon obviously exists...that I could show evidence of and there is plenty on here as well in my past lines of work. ...

We're talking 'astronaut stories', and because outer space is so genuinely 'unearthly', just guessing based on earthside experience is a recipe for misunderstanding and misdirection. But you don't HAVE to guess in the dark. Pick up some real information itself.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

JimOberg

Bilk22

Which parts of the video in question do you think contain unexplained events? The video is the subject of this discussion.

Do you have any questions about the material on the link that I gave? You might concentrate on the astronaut Cooper material to see a pile of information related to judging those stories, information that seems to have been blacked out in the UFO literature -- such as that the 1957 Edwards AFB case that Cooper claims involvement in wound up in the Blue Book files where any competent investigator can read it on line.
Answer a question with another question. You just want to make statements with no support for them. Got it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Bilk22

JimOberg
Answer a question with another question. You just want to make statements with no support for them. Got it.

Are you ever going to read the links I suggested that contain exactly the supporting evidence you supposedly want?

There's a lot of original research described there that really may satisfy your curiosity.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

JimOberg

Bilk22

JimOberg

Are you ever going to read the links I suggested that contain exactly the supporting evidence you supposedly want?

There's a lot of original research described there that really may satisfy your curiosity.
What links? Do not see any links attached to your posts.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Try the 99 FAQs and the Gordon Cooper section at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Bilk22

JimOberg

Bilk22

JimOberg

PLEASE try the 99 FAQs and the Gordon Cooper section at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

JimOberg

Bilk22

JimOberg

Bilk22

JimOberg

PLEASE try the 99 FAQs and the Gordon Cooper section at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html
That web site is where you sell your books and promote your lectures and magazine articles. With that in mind, what gives your assessments more credibility than those you claim are trying to profit from the UFO phenomenon? Seems to me, the contrarian viewpoint is just as "marketable". I guess there's profit at both ends of the discussion and the truth may be stuck somewhere in the middle.

I'll take a look and see what it has to offer as evidence against other claims. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Bilk22

JimOberg

Bilk22

JimOberg

Bilk22

JimOberg

.... Seems to me, the contrarian viewpoint is just as "marketable". I guess there's profit at both ends of the discussion and the truth may be stuck somewhere in the middle.

Why does it 'seem' like either viewpoint is equally marketable? Just look at what's for sale. You find me a commercial outlet for stories identifying UFOs, I'll give you a 10% finders fee.

But I think that's just another excuse for you to dodge and evade, anyway. We'll see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join