It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of getting into the Occult/Magic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

golden23
reply to post by Night Star

im not talking like those "all hail satin ruler of the underworld" spells as i state in the last line but didnt make as clear as my other intentions.

Satin rules the underworld? Well, if it's the Duchesse stuff, I'd imagine the Underworld's pretty luxurious at that rate

Come on, someone was going to go there, you left it wide open.

Anyway, I don't buy into this stuff (it's all fool's bunk to me) but go for it if you want. Worst that can happen is nada. Best that can happen is that you somehow gain some insight into something for yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by golden23

Psst...That's not real. Base your life on reality before you screw yourself up and get more dislocated from society. Don't take this as me bashing you, take it for what it is. Come on guy, deep down you know what reality is and there's no magic unless it's in a Harry Potter movie. Reality is great if you give it a chance. Reality has it's ups and downs but it tangible. Try it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Dont do it.

It will come to you if its suppose too otherwise stay away.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Nyiah
Anyway, I don't buy into this stuff (it's all fool's bunk to me) but go for it if you want. Worst that can happen is nada. Best that can happen is that you somehow gain some insight into something for yourself.

Exactly. Just be a good person and always be learning.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"you will reap what you sow" can i get a translation

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LOSTinAMERICA

i never said it was like the magic in harry potter. actually i said the exact opposite of that. im talking the occult

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Anyway, I don't buy into this stuff (it's all fool's bunk to me) but go for it if you want. Worst that can happen is nada.
I disagree with the idea that the worst thing that can happen is that nothing happens. Most, if not all, of the posters are saying "Don't fool around with this stuff." Why? Because something worse CAN happen.

Why is he thinking about protective spells? He doesn't have to protect against nothing does he?

Why is he insisting that he will only do beneficial spells, if there aren't any harmful spells?

link   
My suggestion in terms of getting in the occult is to stay away from all the "typical" stuff, like money spells, love spell, and such.

While I'm no practitioner, what I can say is that besides Wicca, you have the Thelemetic and Hermetic religions that are "orderly" and reliant on ceremonies, whilst at the end of the spectrum you have Chaos Magick, whose doctrine is "Do what you feel works, not what some dusty old book tells you".

Then you have the "Left-handed Path" and the "Right-handed Path". The left-handed path believes that you should strive to achieve what you want through yourself, and your spells draw upon your own wisdom and intelligence. It's a very individualistic approach.

The right-handed path has you embrace higher beings (be it God, some deity, or some otherworldly power) to achieve the results you want. You channel other beings and often strive to be "one" with them.

For example, calling upon archangels to protect you through an invocation spell versus using your own spell for protection.

But yes, there are many facets to the occult. Whether it works or not is beyond me, as I just come across this stuff.

link   
reply to post by onequestion

so your saying its not coming to me now?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Your asking for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

there IS harmful spells though. i know the power of the "Preliminary Invocation of the 72 Demons of King Solomon". why would i be doing those kind of invocations when i know it will just backfire?? theres a reason im saying im only doing beneficial spells. beause i dont wanna die. and yes protection spells, you takin bungee jumping or skydiving classes? do a protection spell, it doesnt necessarily have to be preliminary.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

If your using the word spells i dont think your into the right form. If i were you id be more careful.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

real magic is magic that doesn't need 'protection spells'.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

yes, it appears i am. i guess i await more excitement in my life. though this would be exciting im still thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If your desire is to create change in conformity to your will, ritualistic magick and spell casting is not necessary. Meditation, visualization, and action will bring about the desired changes.. Not as flashy or interesting though.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

i never said all of the magic im doing requires protection spells. like ive said, protection spells dont have to be preliminary spells to protect you from evil spirits

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tigershark1988

through in some astrology and archetypal studies and dream journeying and dream journaling and you got it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

actually dream recall and astral projection and meditation was one of the steps to potentially improving or mastering ones skill at the occulut/magic. tht would just further advance my research/expiriments
edit on CST10America/Chicagost2014Sat, 01 Feb 2014 22:53:34 -06002014-02-01T22:53:34-06:00America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 22:53:34 -0600America/Chicago by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
if you have to ask a load of strangers on a forum, you are not ready.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

astral projecting and going into what a lot of people call the akasha is the last thing you should do.

if you want to practice real magick try to master the world around you.

You master the world around you by mastering yourself. Now thats real occult # and its the hardest thing to do.
edit on 20142America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago0828542014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join