It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of getting into the Occult/Magic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have been interested about the human mental limitations lately. what i mean by that is the occult and magic. I have been deciding whether i should get into this kind of stuff lately because im so interested. I know what you thinking, "oh you should go for it. follow your dreams"
but, i do have my concerns about this decision though. It requires no religious beliefs to distract one from the spell casting or meditation. so basically im gonna have to become an atheist if i want to become a true Sorcerer/Mage/whateveryouwanttocallit. One of my other concerns is the negative energies that it will attract.i know that there is protection spells meant out keep out these types of energies. your supposed to perform these brief, preliminary spells so you are protected correctly. but i still do have doubts way in the back of my mind.
The contemplation of this situation is the most difficult part. If anyone were to find out about this, i would be looked upon as abnormal and maybe weird .if i were to do this then i would have to carefully think the next couple months of my life. Id have to work hard (yes harder then the math test i worked on earlier this week) and id have to be dedicated and not just quit after ive achieved a big goal. i would make another, and soon it would be a "way of life" as the magical community calls it.

in case you're wondering when i say "Magic" no i dont mean the glowing floating orbs made purely out of mental/physical energy. i dont even think thats possible. no, i mean casting spells. now you might be like "you little hypocrite you said no old guys in blue pointy hats". well, its real, i read it on a website(cuz everything on the internet is true obviously). you have to have all the right things, supplies. if your wondering "now why would i believe you, you just got this from a website" Why do i think this website is reliable you ask?
1. the look of it: it looks like someone just opened a new Flash document and started to make a website. you can tell this isnt a guy who spent a lot of money on this website, i even found a few typos. meaning i doubt they just want to get a laugh out of people doing these things. i wouldnt be surprised if this was a Flash document.
2. It appears he gets a lot of emails explaining results and correct ways to perform these spells. If i wanted to ( and i may need to) email him, its probably somewhere on the homepage or an about the author section or something
3. ohmygosh ive been rambling a lot, imma just post this and let you butcher/support/completely deny this article or whatever your gonna comment.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
When one delves into unfamiliar ad potentially dangerous situations, they must be ready to pay the consequeces. Are you willing to risk inviting in evil spirits even if not intentionally? You could be opening a pandoras box here. Just what are your intentions? What kind of spells??
edit on 1-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by golden23

Dear golden23,

I suppose I'm a little different. I'm not going to say "Oh, go for it."

If I understand your words correctly, you are thinking about something that will affect your mind, require you to surrender any belief in a God which you might have, and require you to surround yourself with a magical protective spell or something really bad will happen to you.

I know curiosity is strong, but I sure hope you have a much better reason than that to make drastic changes. Ask around, or think about it for yourself. What are you planning on giving up, what bad things could possibly happen to you? And, will you get correspondingly huge benefits?

My position is that you would be making a bad trade.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

im not talking like those "all hail satin ruler of the underworld" spells as i state in the last line but didnt make as clear as my other intentions.
im not talking like "summoning of 72 demons of solomon" crap. yes i agree that #s dangerous, thats why im only talkin simple and beneficial spells, such as protection spells, money spells, love spells. nothing to satanic

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

thats why i have my concerns. thats why i posted here before i dove into things. and like i said, all the spells i will be doing will be purely beneficial. i wont use the protective spells unless i actually need to which i highly doubt. some beneficial spell i think require a protective spells idk. some protection spells are not preliminaty but are the spell itself, providing protection where you will need it going about your daily life
edit on CST10America/Chicagost2014Sat, 01 Feb 2014 22:08:26 -06002014-02-01T22:08:26-06:00America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 22:08:26 -0600America/Chicago by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i suggest you study it purely academically for at least 2 years and then consider it again. it seems you have totally incorrect allusions about magic(k) and that you are not yet physically or mentally mature enough for it. i suggest you go back and put your effort into maths or history or drama.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Try not to think of these things in terms black and white or leaving one team and joining another. Dabble, get interested, investigate, learn, experiment but you dont have to jump into much of anything like that. Anything that requires you to do that is probably not worth your time anyway.

Try not to over think it.
edit on 1-2-2014 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Simple spells are nothing more than gathering energy from what I'm to understand. The use of candles or incense etc. are just tools to enhance the experience, set the mood if you will. Look into Wicca, though love spells would involve going against the will of an individual. A no no for sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I agree with the others. Do your research and know what it is you're trying to do and what you stand to lose from it. Understand the tide before you venture into the ocean.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

funny thing about that is the website specifically says not to Dabble

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

When I was a child and teenager there was the odd witch/sorcerer-movie and that was the end. Now, after the release and bombardment of Harry Potter many children are captivated, it is as if there is a promotion of the occult is going on.

Children are introduced to Harry Potter and when the child grows older artist like Katy Perry take the education over from there. The interested child is being stimulated to learn more upto the point they want to become a witch themselves. Sign of the times?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

guys im aware that i have to research. i have barely even started to research. i have come here first to gather opinions on what im doing is right or wrong or potentially dangerous. and i dont necessarily have to study negative magic. what i am planning on doing is purely beneficial, it is in no way having negative effects on me or anyone around me. in fact it will provide beneficial effects

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

golden23
reply to post by underduck

funny thing about that is the website specifically says not to Dabble

Ha! That is a huge tip for me. There is a reason for doing that.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
link

a sure sign to KEEP AWAY from this site.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Harry Potter, to me, was more of a call to explore our own creativity, a reminder that we need not be afraid to use our imagination. It is our imagination that gives us the courage to dream, the strength to hope, and the power to love. One who has no imagination has none of these things. If that has anything to do with the occult, it is because the occult teaches us how to use what we've always had.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'll echo the "more study is needed" before you start intentionally altering your consciousness overmuch. There's a reason almost every magical tradition has a long apprenticeship. One thing I want to address though, you don't have to "become an atheist." In fact, many magical systems rely on godforms for their power sources, thematic structures, etc.

What is most dangerous is the changes you have to make to your own "reality function." A famous magician said that magic is "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." The biggest thing you change, in every system, is yourself. You change who you are, what you are, how you think, what you "believe" etc. etc.

I think you will certainly have to lose the purely dualistic/simplistic worldview you're currently espousing ... magic is not a "Jesus or Devil" proposition.

That's all based on my own experience only. Your mileage might vary.
edit on 22Sat, 01 Feb 2014 22:24:25 -060014p102014266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

if your implying i only want to learn this stuff because ive seen a movie or read a book. you are mistaken. Ive never even seen any of the harry potter/the hobbit movies. just little parts, snippits. im an open minded person, i will take into consideration all beliefs no matter how far away they seem from reality. this interest is in no way influenced in social media

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Swimming is dangerous to those who don't know how to do it. And that's why you learn. Just remember that you will reap what you sow.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

omg god no. i would never do that. thats weird and gross and eeeewwwwwwwyyyyy

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Go for it. Everything is gonna be okay.
. Do good. Otherwise everything is not gonna be so ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join