It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"Don't judge a book by its cover."

Yup, that's about all I got.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I remember when I finally joined after many years of lurking thinking my avatar should reflect my attitude as well as the idea of not being exactly who you say you are.

I never quite thought of it like that... but it is an excellent idea. And who could go wrong with an avatar from one of the best movies of all time?? I got yours instantly when I first saw it. I remembered watching that movie so often it drove my father crazy when I was a teen. I smile whenever Abe Froman shows up.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I just thought my snowflake was purdy.

Your username alone is awesome. I do chuckle whenever I see it. It reminds me of this...

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
OK OK..lol.. I'll take a hint.
But I can't seem to find a picture of Big Bird with a Guy Fawkes mask.
But I have come upon really creative and beautiful avatars....then the content written is meh.
And vice versa...no avatar, great post!

But I depend on the avatar sometimes to identify the good poster's.

The tenth and beezer keep messing with my head. In the last 2 days. Cheesy is my favorite.....you just can't get mad at cheesy no matter what because of his avatar. Plus cheesy is to nice anyway. Where has he been.

I went with mine because it was the only photo on this device that would upload..it shows you don't always have to take everything so serious and have a laugh or two..

edit on 1-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

As some of you may have noticed, I have recently changed my avatar...

Go ahead and judge away...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Lol...see that right there....messing with my head! Lucky for you I know the name..

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Bigburgh
reply to post by Rodinus

Lol...see that right there....messing with my head! Lucky for you I know the name..

*winks*

I have been wanting to change from that dark mysterious avatar figure for quite a while now (although might keep him for special occasions!)

This new avatar just expresses my admiration for Wil E coyotes tenacity... but decided to have the shades and cigarette added for fun... (Thanks Cody and RR).

Beep beep is a big bird (but then again, so is Samantha Fox!) and I am sure that if you U2U Cody or anyone over at Avatar creations they could whip you something up?

Sometimes he wins :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Now, where is that ACME coffee machine... its 06:40 over here!?
edit on 1/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Meh, I dislike everyone equally.

It can vary based on rapid situational experiences. But mostly the former.

But - if you do have a stupid-looking avatar and say something stupid along with it I'm more than likely going to somehow dislike you more than if you had a respectable and intelligently chosen avatar. And you'll know it.

Somehow, viewing an avatar during a idiotic debate or argument of a kid eating spaghetti with hookers written on it and PETA and JESUS written in small font along the side will make me want to punch you more than if you had selected any other picture.

Not going to lie.

But, still mostly the former. lol.

Moral of the story: Just try not to be a moron.
edit on 2/1/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Lol just say a tweet today of Wil E. Saying how he will be remembered for failing to catch the road runner and not of his amazing paintings of tunnels.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Some of the AV's do give me pause, but hey; I'm from the 'older' generation.

I think the best feel-good avy has to be Cheesy's. You don't even have to read his post to get uplifted!

If I see Beezzer's, I know I'm in for a good laugh!
Rickymouse ( I think I have that a little wrong, but I know the avy!) is another one that brightens my mood. I really enjoy his often dry, off=the-wall, over-the-top humor.

Skeptic Overlord makes me shake in my boots. VERY intimidating!

I have met some wonderful people throughout my days of talking on C.B.radio, and it didn't take long to realize the sexier the handle, the bigger the girl. That always comes to mind with the 'Glam Pic' avatars.

For the most part, I could care less, but I do get creeped out by the 'eyeball/bug/mutilation' ones. Makes me wonder what they're afraid of seeing, or why they want to shock/gross people out. Truly the stuff of nightmares!

I don't have one because I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to put it up yet.
That may be a good thing.....

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I may look like a turd and act like a turd, and most aholes try to get rid of me.....but I am not really a turd on a stick.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Does my avatar represent me? Well.........I dont..........aioadfm....aodmmmm....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

you are a stick on a turd?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

not all too tech savy, uncertain of how we want to represent ourselves

Mine's not well received. My attempt at irony is simply lost on too many ... inviting hostility.

Would love it if the Avatar Creation folks would 'make a recommendation' (preferably a background format) based on my posting personality. I'm totally envious of bluebook's.

Nice thread subject!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
don't really judge people much by their avatars.. i think some can be very interesting, but it's never really played an important factor in how i view someone.

link   

taoistguy
the avatar that can be looked at is not the real person.

Ridiculous, this is my Photoshopped photograph. I look just like this only less pixilated.

And I was sure when Kangaruex4Ewe posts we were talking to a marsupial. You're saying we don't have to use a personal photo?

link   

Yeah; you're the one!
I did get your name right!

I'm TERRIBLE with names, so I'm going to mark this on the calender!

Actually, I'm terrible at remembering, period. Thank goodness for the voices in my head directing my life!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You know what would be helpful...
Instead of forcing me to type in the pictures code in the avatar setting in account...
Make it a little easier by allowing it to have a browse button....
I just spent the last 20 mins trying to type in the photo number....it does not work! At all!

edit on 2-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: so essentially I'm stuck with this..I can't even get a background to load. So I just have to accept this as my avatar for the rest of ATS existence.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Dang I thought it was a hammer...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
sometimes i use my own face
sometimes i use anubis
sometimes i use various pictures i've found that i can relate to
sometimes i use art that i've found
sometimes i use art that i've done personally like the one i have now, eye is my own too. well, drawn in mspaint, but nonetheless by using a reference of a picture of me. i was gonna draw my whole face, but i got tired of it too quick. idk if i have the patience for photorealism with a mouse anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join