It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geranium Extracts inhibit HIV-1

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think it was the other ingredients...

Analysis of 1,3 dimethylamylamine concentrations in Geraniaceae, geranium oil and dietary supplements

Summary - They found that there was no significant amount of DMAA in the natural extract, and conclude the DMAA was synthetically added to extracts marketed as 'dietary supplements'. The marketers of the workout / weight loss supplements misguided consumers by indicating this was part of the 'natural' composition of geranium extracts.

So, the safety of pure geranium extracts cannot be compared to the safety of what is marketed as a workout / weight loss 'geranium extract'. This may explain why the marketed supplements are banned in AUS, but the cough / cold remedies are legal. I am curious if the pure extract can be obtained there. FYI I already found source for the live plant there (online). Easier than I can find it here (U.S.).

And...this is an example of corrupt 'alternative' medicine. As I always believed, buyer beware ..whether its a prescription pharmaceutical pushed by big pharma, or a 'natural' supplement pushed by alternative medicine, we always have to watch for the profiteers in both of these industries!

<< 1  2   >>

join