It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Photos: Vulcanic Eruption Mount Sinabung

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi All!

Came across these photo's, I think they tell a story well.
Hopefully I picked the right Forum...

Indonesian Volcanic Eruption Kills at Least 11
01 February 2014 / All photos: © ANP / submit to reddit
An Indonesian volcano that has been rumbling for months unleased a major eruption Saturday, killing 14 people just a day after authorities allowed thousands of villagers who had been evacuated to return to its slopes, saying that activity was decreasing, officials said.

Sinabung in western Sumatra has been erupting for four months, sending lava and searing gas and rocks rolling down its southern slopes. Authorities had evacuated more than 30,000 people, housing them in cramped tents, schools and public buildings. Many have been desperate to return to check on homes and farms, presenting a dilemma for the government.

*WARNING* Some people may find these photo's shocking!

Link to External Website

(I'll try to post some of the photo's here later... Still figuring out how... I got them in my Library on ATS, but the library won't show when I want to insert them via the 'button')
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: Trying to upload and failed...

edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Goedhardt

Amazing.
Mother nature rules over us all.Some of those graphic pictures remind me of the pictures of people found buried in Pompeii.
Very sad.But I guess this sometimes is the price you pay living so close to such active volcano's.
Thanks for sharing that, it's amazing what the mainstream media just doesn't seem to cover because I would have never seen this unless I came here and found it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

They are indeed shocking, but thanks for posting them just the same.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to live in the shadows of an erupting volcano. Total devastation!

F&S for the OP!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

I have to confess, that this is a part of a Dutch 'mainstream media', as it is one of the biggest news sites in Holland.. It has a big part in opinion in Holland (bit right winged) and it fights for freedom (in speech, on internet, by laws) and have picked up many stories that I find on ATS also. Maybe we are just a bit lucky for having this in The Netherlands.. Most of the other media are just copy-pasters...
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: A cat said MOoooooo

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Some of those "victim" photos, where they are attempting to make rescues, remind me of the photos of dead bodies from Pompeii, where the victims were killed instantly, and almost like plaster casts from the pyroclastic flow

S&F
edit on 1-2-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Goedhardt
reply to post by mark1167

I have to confess, that this is a part of a Dutch 'mainstream media', as it is one of the biggest news sites in Holland.. It has a big part in opinion in Holland (bit right winged) and it fights for freedom (in speech, on internet, by laws) and have picked up many stories that I find on ATS also. Maybe we are just a bit lucky for having this in The Netherlands.. Most of the other media are just copy-pasters...
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: A cat said MOoooooo

You are very lucky indeed....North American media is now just pure illusion, agenda driven paid for stories that benefit someone other than the masses.
I feel like we are almost in the Matrix over here.

top topics

join