It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP oil spill update: Dolphins with missing teeth and lung disease found in Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

BP isn't out of it yet. They are still in litigation and some of the core stuff, too. I'm following it regularly at Courthouse News as they cover the Deepwater Horizon case in at least 2 sections. (Enviro and General legal)

I'll say outright and plainly that I don't buy the "results" from recent Gulf health, let alone what was offered back then. B.P. made a special effort, as you probably recall in thinking about it, to hire or contract every organization and institution of value, relating to Gulf waters, in SOME capacity, at least once. That made automatic conflict of interest to be hired off to others in what then became contradictory investigative or research work.

Clever...and a BIG play on the old game for how 'town officials' can be untouchable in a small town. Hire every lawyer in town at least one time, some time, for something...and then tell your opposition to find one who can take a case against ya. I've lived that little game from the wrong end...and BP obviously adapts pretty well for the scale.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

BP. This is so sad.

BP is one good example that corporations rule over laws and ethics.

According to them, all is fine, move along, nothing to see here...BUT:

How Does the BP Oil Spill Impact Wildlife and Habitat?

Long term impacts:

sick dolphins - sea turtles stranding at 5X normal rates - unbalanced food web - decreased fish and wildlife population - decline in recreation

Let alone what they leave aside because of uncertainty.

A very sad state.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

jazz10
What about the Corexit that was used as an oil dispersant?
It was toxic to life yet was still selected ovrr other dispersants like Sea Bratt.

Sorry I forgot to add a very important link.
Yes it's of my own post but im not bothered about stars and flags.

However I would like it of we could have a discussion about it for a number of reasons.
Sea Bratt vs Corexit

Corexit was known to be Toxic to living animals and life.
There was and is an alternative that's clean called Sea Brat.

However due to the people and companies involved in corexit choosing an alternative would not run on par with their plan and secondly will lose them signigicant amounts of cash.
When I say cash I mean in all ways, insurances, fines etc
Take a read and come back here.

As always all I ask is for you to read what I present to you thats all.
if I'm right then we need it to be common knowledge as there could be ultimately be a water conspiracy in a sense.
If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but from what I have read I can't actually understand how no one has noticed the connections.
Enjoy and see you back soon.

<< 1   >>

join