It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be an astrophysicist and find planetary habitats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ever wanted to be an astrophysicist and walk through sensitive NASA Exotic planetary Data? Well this is your chance to help NASA find suitable and stable planetary systems. Because for them to sort out billions of data is never going to work now so they need the human eye to sort out the ones who are not good candidates and the one who does fit the profile.

The subtle changes within the data cant be sorted by computer alone so they need us ..

NASA is inviting the public to help astronomers discover embryonic planetary systems hidden among data from the agency's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) mission through a new website, DiskDetective.org.

I tried to do some Disk detecting but I couldn't do more then ten but I know some of you will sit all day to find something cool..
Well remember if you find something like the picture below..

You really have to stop and make a screenshot for ATS before pressing finish okay..?
Now of you go and be real discovering astrophysicist for us and show us and share the important finding with us here..

Diskdetective

NASA

Have fun out there
Peace

edit on 0b57America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 15:09:57 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 15:09:57 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Suppose I took a short cut and analyzed a collection of UFO images, sighting reports and official government records about UFOs. Could I use that shortcut rather, rather than extremely generalized data about what could be an entirely raw planet?

No. I guess not. Too sensible and not according to the plan. After all, did they quickly admit to the very early images of Mars that clearly showed the effects of large amounts of water erosion on the surface of the planet? No. Regardless of what they public thought they were seeing as evidence of water, that topic was a "no, no," an impossibility. Now, the damned stuff is found all over the universe. (That, of course, means that life is out there too as they used to preach that you couldn't have life without water. But I don't know who the joke is on, them or us.)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

To many scientific contradiction if you ask me? I think they literally kill each other behind the scientific curtain ?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

The general view for disclosure I think is to have us find them first.
It would be to shocking to have the aliens find us first because, you know, people these days are fragile.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

0bserver1
Ever wanted to be an astrophysicist and walk through sensitive NASA Exotic planetary Data? Well this is your chance to help NASA find suitable and stable planetary systems. Because for them to sort out billions of data is never going to work now so they need the human eye to sort out the ones who are not good candidates and the one who does fit the profile.

The subtle changes within the data cant be sorted by computer alone so they need us ..

NASA is inviting the public to help astronomers discover embryonic planetary systems hidden among data from the agency's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) mission through a new website, DiskDetective.org.

I tried to do some Disk detecting but I couldn't do more then ten but I know some of you will sit all day to find something cool..
Well remember if you find something like the picture below..

You really have to stop and make a screenshot for ATS before pressing finish okay..?
Now of you go and be real discovering astrophysicist for us and show us and share the important finding with us here..

Diskdetective

NASA

Have fun out there
Peace

edit on 0b57America/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 15:09:57 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 01 Feb 2014 15:09:57 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting this...

You might have wanted to use the search function since I already posted this thread on ATS about it, but the more who know about this the better.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

My bad, I did search but nothing came up . Anyway I do think it's cool to be part of something like this . But the it seems that the public only has to sort out the disk's but we also detect planets within these disks or is that something NASA is going to do after we sorted all those star systems out?

new topics

top topics

join