It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Aboard! Next stop, Police-State and Groping!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

It is offensive. But that is a part of the Sovereign Citizen manifesto. They dont believe in any authority by a govt. agency unless it is at the county level. Very dangerous people with a dangerous mindset.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Boog911
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

And after reading your post and your comment about the county law being a real LEO....im really believing you are a Sovereign Citizen....sounds just like what one of them say. NOT a good thing...

Well....then you are already lost.

See you on the battle field my friend

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

vkey08

UxoriousMagnus

Boog911

I appreciate that you dont hate the police. Im actually a deputy sheriff and believe it or not there is a different mindset there when comes to enforcement.

Im all for people being able to defend themselves. In my county, 2 officers cover 967 square miles with a populatiin of 45,000 . We're outmanned and outgunned and have welcomed the assistance of private citizens at different times.

But if an officer gets complacent in his diligence and safety he usually winds up hurt.....or worse...

But what we're talking about here is civil liberties...and where the proper definition of liberty needs to be defined. At your castle....do what you want...I dont care....if you want to swing from a chandlier while smoking a crack pipe and reading ATS.....I truly dont care.

But when you step into the public arena of life....its a different story....I may be mistaken but I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "my rights end where another's begin".......

well at least you are a deputy so a "real" law enforcement officer under the badge of an elected official......

that is good

So other people that help defend your rights aren't "real" LEO's? Please explain that comment, I find it very offensive..

I know....I know...."you're armed in your job".....I got that days ago when you said it.

who is defending my rights exactly? LEO loves to trample them.....they aren't big on protecting them.

Tell me what my rights are exactly (that you are protecting)....no don't pull your Miranda card out .... that is to remind you not to violate some of mine at the time of arrest.

I mean....day to day.....what rights of mine are you protecting.
edit on 6-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

All of them granted by these United States of America. And those include the rights of your fellow americans who DO believe in a nation of laws. But lets be fair and hear your response on which of YOUR rights have been trampled on....on a day to day basis. Not some news link....you...personally

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Boog911
reply to post by vkey08

It is offensive. But that is a part of the Sovereign Citizen manifesto. They dont believe in any authority by a govt. agency unless it is at the county level. Very dangerous people with a dangerous mindset.

we are a constitutional republic.....if you didn't know. Of the people for the people. We have elected officials ... we have this so if we don't like them....we can get rid of them through elections.

this is how it is supposed to work. Sheriffs fill this role. City police do not. Try getting rid of a Chief of Police you don't like.....you can't.

It has nothing to do with "county level"....it has to do with elected "official". But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

And no...I am not a sovereign citizen....I am a Constitution(ist)....again sorry for loving the founding documents of this country and it's attempt to shackle tyranny (non-elected officials who do not answer to we the people)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well, lets think for a moment. Who appointed that Police Chief that you dont like? The mayor? An elected official. And probably along with city commissioners....who are elected officials...I wasnt elected as a deputy but appointed or "hired" by the Sheriff...who is an elected official.....exactly the same thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Boog911

All of them granted by these United States of America. And those include the rights of your fellow americans who DO believe in a nation of laws. But lets be fair and hear your response on which of YOUR rights have been trampled on....on a day to day basis. Not some news link....you...personally

I home school my kids....

one day, my youngest (who was riding his scooter in the garage) ...fell and hit is face on the concrete. He screamed and cried and ran inside.

Ten minutes later....the po po shows up....pulls onto my property and walks to the front door. Knocks and my wife answers. He tells her that a neighbor called in because they thought we were killing one of our "home schooled" kids. His words not mine.

He then starts to push past my wife as he says "I need to come in". My wife blocks the door and tells him "sure, as soon as you show me a warrant".

At this time....I happen to drive up to our house.....can't get past the cop car...so park behind him but off to the side so as not to block him in.

He sees me walking up and backs out of the door way ... I open carry ... he comments on this and home schooling under his breath as he walks by me.

I turn and ask him what he just said....he turns around with fire in his eyes and says "you better watch what you say."

tried to violate 1st and 4th and commented (in a derogatory manner) on my 2nd amendment....all in one interaction.

Edit:
by the way...he was a deputy like you....so I called the Sheriff (friend of mine who I helped campaign for because he is a great guy and strict constitutionalist) and he said he had already heard about it and talked to the guy. He had heard about it from one of my other friends who I called directly after the deputy left. The deputy later apologized but his attempt to violate my rights still happened.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Boog911

Well, lets think for a moment. Who appointed that Police Chief that you dont like? The mayor? An elected official. And probably along with city commissioners....who are elected officials...I wasnt elected as a deputy but appointed or "hired" by the Sheriff...who is an elected official.....exactly the same thing.

NOT the same thing at all.....but you can't see that....and that is ok

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I agree, that officer didnt handle things properly. Not just in the fact of violating your rights but on an fact finding effort as well. I have found its better to use kindness and respect when dealing with people. I can find out alot of info when I approach a scene this way and I also know that witnesses and nosy neighbors can sometimes exaggerate things as well.

But one bad or stupid act by a police officer doesnt mean that all or even most are that way. Just like a constitutionist may not be a sovereign citizen...
I pride myself on my relationship with the citizens of my county. I love them. I love my job. It's about serving them. I go out of my way on most calls to help, counsel, transport, give money, etc..and often follow up with people to see how theyre doing afterwards. I know all LEO are not that way. Just like I know all bankers aren't thieves and all lawyers aret blood suckers.

But you have so many liberties in this country. Posting on ATS being one. And I enjoy these liberties as much as you....
edit on 6-2-2014 by Boog911 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Explain how a police chief who is appointed by an elected official is not the same as a deputy or Chief Deputy who is apponted by an elected official.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Boog911

I agree, that officer didnt handle things properly. Not just in the fact of violating your rights but on an fact finding effort as well. I have found its better to use kindness and respect when dealing with people. I can find out alot of info when I approach a scene this way and I also know that witnesses and nosy neighbors can sometimes exaggerate things as well.

But one bad or stupid act by a police officer doesnt mean that all or even most are that way. Just like a constitutionist may not be a sovereign citizen...
I pride myself on my relationship with the citizens of my county. I love them. I love my job. It's about serving them. I go out of my way on most calls to help, counsel, transport, give money, etc..and often follow up with people to see how theyre doing afterwards. I know all LEO are not that way. Just like I know all bankers aren't thieves and all lawyers aret blood suckers.

But you have so many liberties in this country. Posting on ATS being one. And I enjoy these liberties as much as you....
edit on 6-2-2014 by Boog911 because: spelling

and I appreciate that...what you said here....but you were trying to put me on the spot as you assumed that I would not have a "bad experience" of my own....that I would only be pulling from the thousands upon thousands of bad experiences chronicled on the internet.....

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I did put you on the spot. On purpose, but not because I assumed you didnt have a bad experience with a LEO. I've had bad experiences with some too in my life. Some while even being a LEO.

But it wasnt the laws that made that officer act that way. It was just a bad officer.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And just to let you know, I had an excellent training officer years ago. He reminded me why it was important to be absolutely correct in the way we handled people. He taught me that people have the RIGHT to resist an illegal arrest with NECESSARY force and that I better being doing my job by the letter of the law or I could be arrested or sued myself. Or even hurt or killed with no support from my department. When I was appointed Chief Deputy, I made a point to tell my deputies this very thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

That my friends is the million dollar question.

But where?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Boog911

Explain how a police chief who is appointed by an elected official is not the same as a deputy or Chief Deputy who is apponted by an elected official.

Level one: Sheriff (elected)
Level two: Deputy who is a sworn arm of above

Level one: Mayor and city counsel (elected)
Level two: Chief of police (job not in question by tax payers)
Level three: Officers under the Chief of police

this is the difference. That added layer is a big deal.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Boog911

And just to let you know, I had an excellent training officer years ago. He reminded me why it was important to be absolutely correct in the way we handled people. He taught me that people have the RIGHT to resist an illegal arrest with NECESSARY force and that I better being doing my job by the letter of the law or I could be arrested or sued myself. Or even hurt or killed with no support from my department. When I was appointed Chief Deputy, I made a point to tell my deputies this very thing.

well I will even give a star for this one....it is the most compelling thing you have stated this far

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

vkey08

UxoriousMagnus

Boog911

I appreciate that you dont hate the police. Im actually a deputy sheriff and believe it or not there is a different mindset there when comes to enforcement.

Im all for people being able to defend themselves. In my county, 2 officers cover 967 square miles with a populatiin of 45,000 . We're outmanned and outgunned and have welcomed the assistance of private citizens at different times.

But if an officer gets complacent in his diligence and safety he usually winds up hurt.....or worse...

But what we're talking about here is civil liberties...and where the proper definition of liberty needs to be defined. At your castle....do what you want...I dont care....if you want to swing from a chandlier while smoking a crack pipe and reading ATS.....I truly dont care.

But when you step into the public arena of life....its a different story....I may be mistaken but I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "my rights end where another's begin".......

well at least you are a deputy so a "real" law enforcement officer under the badge of an elected official......

that is good

So other people that help defend your rights aren't "real" LEO's? Please explain that comment, I find it very offensive..

I know....I know...."you're armed in your job".....I got that days ago when you said it.

who is defending my rights exactly? LEO loves to trample them.....they aren't big on protecting them.

Tell me what my rights are exactly (that you are protecting)....no don't pull your Miranda card out .... that is to remind you not to violate some of mine at the time of arrest.

I mean....day to day.....what rights of mine are you protecting.

Considering my job for the past 15 years has been to invesitgate and assist in the prosecution of Civil Rights cases, The best i can tell you is whip out your trusty copy of the Constitution, and then the Civil Rights Act, and the Americans With Disabilities Act, goo starting places on the rights I defend EVERY DAY for oridinary citizens, not just rich not just poor, everyone. So to lump all LE in one big pot and say "what rights do they defend" some more...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Lol....thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I agree. It is simple conditioning. We are outnumbered. Too many are willing to accept this slow mind control that will quickly lead to total control of mind, body and spirit.

Soon we shall all know and understand why the caged bird sings.

edit on 6-2-2014 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Groping is good, in handful doses.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join