It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Aboard! Next stop, Police-State and Groping!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
First it's "Papers Please."
Next it's a violating grope, and then you get tazered in a traffic stop.
Now your guns are being taken away during a raid, whether the cops get the right house nor not.
Your drones are watching you and communications, phone, internet, and cell phone are intercepted as a matter of course.
Moving on to "we have ways of making you talk".
And finally a place like Guantonamo.
Amerika, land of the free(?), home of the delusional.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

benrl

beezzer
Apparently, when no-one was looking, America wussed out and became a police state.

Bunch of namby-pamby sissies.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong.

No, you are right.

The "Majority" would rather surrender their Liberty for the feeling of safety.

I for one, would much rather deal with the risk TOO much liberty (as if there were such a thing) than the opposite of having to little.

If the risk of being free, is people who hate this freedom hurting me, Ill deal with that as it comes.

It seems to me we have the "terrorist " threatening our freedom, and The State taking it away from us to protect from the first part.

Does that not seem oxymoronic to anyone else?

I love that.

"the terrorists are going to take our freedom, so lets destroy our freedom before the terrorists come and take it!"

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by vkey08

Let me be blunt.

I'm old school, you know that.

I will always open the door for a lady. I will tip my hat and say, "Ma'am".

You can fight dragons, wear armor, shot, kill, run, fight better than any man ever alive, . . . . .

. . . . . and I'll still hold out the chair so you may sit, and buy you flowers, and pick up the check.

Awe..... that's so sweet Beezz

But I agree with your original point that the majority of the US has wussed out in the past 10 or so years, it's happening a lot faster than I ever figured it would.. I keep having that old Mad Magazine parody of Next Gen in my head...

Picard: Sound lavender alert, man your welcome stations....

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You guys wanted security, you're getting security.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe I'm the only one disgusted by this.

You know I'm with you Beezzer.

I have been posting thread after thread on the encroaching police state of America with so much evidence out there to see.

It's a silent takeover with a whisper and not a bang...yet. But that's going to happen one day when a usual morning just isn't feeling the same and the walls have closed in enough to be clear to every man, woman and child.

It will then be too late.

Keep it coming Beezzer...many people are aware but not enough yet.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's sad to say, but America will die with a whimper, not a bang. The revolution will not be televised, because there will be no revolution to televise. Yeah I know. Mr. cynical here.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by jude11

It's sad to say, but America will die with a whimper, not a bang. The revolution will not be televised, because there will be no revolution to televise. Yeah I know. Mr. cynical here.

Not cynical but observant and logical IMO.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Bassago

beezzer

TXRabbit
Don't like it? Do something. Ain't that the reason you have all those guns?

Um, pretty simple solution I suppose.

We could always give this guy a call..

Retired Army General To Tea Party Group: I Would Lead A Coup Against The U.S. Government

I caught that ... nice insert.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I pretty much agree with you on this one. We've become tranced out with our stupid reality tv shows and we don't even know how to stand up for ourselves. When some do like the real grassroots activists of the tea party or the occupy movement we're pitted against each other and vilified and then the movement is hijacked by the powers that be and we're right back where we started from.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

beezzer
Apparently, when no-one was looking, America wussed out and became a police state.

Call it a rant, call it an observation, but America has "sissied-out".

SECAUCUS, N.J. - Fans headed to the Super Bowl will have to travel light even to get on a train headed to the game.

The Transportation Security Administration says that fans will not be allowed on the one rail line that serves MetLife Stadium on Sunday unless they show their ticket to the game and demonstrate that they don't have bags bigger than clutches. They can carry clear plastic bags, too.

The security detail will be set up at Secaucus Junction Station, the start of NJ Transit's 6.8-mile Meadowlands line to the stadium in East Rutherford.

www.newsday.com...

I've written much on how America has become a "Coward Country" how fear has enabled the State to move right in and make itself a mainstay in our daily lives.

Now we have the TSA checking you out. . . . not at a football game, but before you even get on a train BEFORE you go to a football game.

Maybe I'm the only one disgusted by this. I know there are many here that have taken great umbrage at what I have written in the past. How I have slandered the great State of America, on how I discount the need for TSA to grope granny or a college co-ed.

It's, after all, for our "safety", or it's "for the children", or "if we don't, the terrorists win". I forget the excuses being used today.

But this tripe further enables my dim (and getting dimmer) view on America.

As always, read, reply, ignore, slap angry llama's with deli meat, it's always up to you, ATS.

beez

This is an insult to acyual police states that dont even allow travel.

If America wasn't such a violent society awash with guns and anti-government conspiracists hell-bent on killing people, then you may have a point

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If people were awake and refused to violate their conscience it would be not be a time of police state and gropings, it would be a time of NARDINGS! Serve and Protect is the first principal, then we pray for their recovery.

Balls of Steel - The Ultimate Nutshot

You can't imagine how many times I watch this and do the group narding of all on the earth and under the earth who are laying seige to all life on earth, and all nazi's. I'm really surprised they can walk straight when they wake up. They should be walking with a limp by now and think its time to make tshirts up like this! And mail them to all the mp's, as sweet presents for the poor in spirit, maybe they'll get the joke.
edit on 2-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
And the people that go will all be angry and complain about it but they will comply just so they can go.

What would happen if everyone just did one thing to get the point across that we are all tired of this kind of crap and just stayed home and watched the game. How much money would business loose? would that be a big enough statement? Not that you Could get americans to stand up together amd make that kind of statement. Just wondering if it would work or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That is epic. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

that was actually pretty dang funny.....had my kids watch it.....they thought it was hilarious

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Do people want to see a football game that bad that it will be like this one day......

Aint nobody touching me, well on the other hand, I really want to be there so go ahead and grab my junk and yeah go ahead and feel up my wife and sure check in my kids diaper too but hurry up I dont want to be late.

We should start boycotting any event that we need to go through unnecessary security checks. Because the more we overlook and keep going through this kind of stuff the more severe and invasive the so called security is going to get.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
But we cant let the terrorists win, they want to control our lives with
fear, they want to take our freedoms, we cant let them do that. We
gotta show them what it really means to take away freedoms to prove
how free we really are! huzzah!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Nephalim

This pretty much sums it up. People want to feel safe more than they want to be free, the problem is you can't have both safety and liberty at the same time, safety requires restrictions.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

beezzer

Maybe I'm the only one disgusted by this. I know there are many here that have taken great umbrage at what I have written in the past. How I have slandered the great State of America, on how I discount the need for TSA to grope granny or a college co-ed.

It's, after all, for our "safety", or it's "for the children", or "if we don't, the terrorists win". I forget the excuses being used today.

But this tripe further enables my dim (and getting dimmer) view on America.

As always, read, reply, ignore, slap angry llama's with deli meat, it's always up to you, ATS.

beez

I am disgusted by it too, yet at the same time, I understand how we got here. Since 9/11, this country has been conditioned (with the help of the msm) to be afraid. Remember the terror level meters during the Bush years? There has been quite a lot of effort put into keeping people afraid. So here we are. It's too late to turn it all back around, or is it?

I know of some people who would rather endure a full on molestation before boarding a plane because they are terrified that someone will do something. As long as the majority of people live in fear, then nothing can change.

As a nation, we do have the power to step up and say NO, I will not fly until the TSA stops treating us like criminals! But how many are willing to do this? Not enough.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Aazadan

Nephalim

This pretty much sums it up. People want to feel safe more than they want to be free, the problem is you can't have both safety and liberty at the same time, safety requires restrictions.

And they are conditioning children to accept the "new normal". This is how we do things. We keep people safe. You must comply. Now step forward for your scan and pat down. Do not say anything at all to the agents, no, we respect the agents. They are here to keep us safe. They care about your safety. We must do this, so the terrorists won't hurt you and your family. This is for your own good. Now see, that wasn't so bad. Now, you are "free" to travel, go to the game, board the train, bus, or drive further down the road.

You know what is the most horrifying to me, is that the children will never know what it used to be like in this country. They will only hear the stories that their parents and grandparents tell them about how we used to move freely without hindrance, and without being treated like a potential criminal.

The other most horrifying thing, children will not know what it used to be like to go to public school and get a real education, and attend class without fear of a shooter coming into the building.

When I was a child, there was no school shootings, no metal detectors, no teachers carrying a gun, and no drills for possible shootings. The biggest worry I had at school was, making sure I didn't rip my dress at recess, or not forgetting my gym shoes.

The country is unrecognizable to me. The jobs are gone. The hope is gone. I see a lot of sadness and desperation in the eyes of many people. We have been conditioned into fear. We have been pummeled by lies, and now our privacy has been stripped away as if it never mattered.

The NSA could announce tomorrow that they have installed cameras on each block and that they are watching you come and go, and that they have put cameras inside of your TV so they can monitor the inside of your home for your safety.

And you know what a lot people would say? It would go something like this.....

1. Outrage.... but no one really does anything.

2. Acceptance and compliance.... but it really is for our own good. This will keep me and my family safe.

When TSA started their "enhanced" pat downs in the airport, I remember telling my husband that surely this will be the line in the sand. Well, here we are, still allowing it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

EllaMarina
I think the TSA is actually an aggressive maneuver designed to condition people into thinking that their bodies don't belong to themselves.

Bingo. And they are teaching parents that their children don't belong to them either. Your bodies belong to us, they are a potential danger, now let us check and make sure.

Oh, you say you don't want your flu shot? Well, you better get it, or you cannot go to work today. The federal law states that everyone must have a flu shot, or they cannot go to work.

Just wait. It's coming. I give it a few more years. Your body is not yours. You cannot make decisions for YOUR body. We must make those decisions because you don't understand. We're here to help you. You must do your part to keep everyone else safe too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join