It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon intelligence official says Chinese hypersonic weapon poses major challenge

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Half the trouble with the shuttles is the USAF had more than just a hand in its design and funding, its like two owners for one auto, both have different ideas on what gas/oil/tyres for it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

pikestaff
Yet when the Chinese put all their best sailors in their best submarine, it sinks with the loss of all hands! (from a resent report in the blog, diplomat files) and their aircraft designs are soviet Russian designs! Troops living in bunkers need psychological help after three days, training scenarios are often abandoned, from the reports, the Chinese army is not fit for purpose. (there are many other blogs concerning the Chinese).

Pretty much this. Does anyone really take China seriously?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Does not matter how much we spend we just print more. It's a fact. US can see d what it wants as long as everyone follows and they will.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Unprovoked? Revisionist history, crazywok? Nearly daily violations of agreed upon no fly zones, likewise firing on U.S. planes a regular occurrence. Back door oil for food agreements with the U.N..

Yep Saddam was a real good guy...it's the U.S. that's bad.

Even if you were right, and, as usual, your not, how would that morf into Invading "everyone"?

Your a bright guy...I guess everyone has their blind spots. Maybe it's yours instead of those "chest-beating" Yanks....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Without air superiority any nation can become another Iraq
Our defense department does seems to take the threat serious... New SAMs, new air to air, new fighters yep many of our war planners are taking them seriously.. I personally hope everything remains at the saber rattling stage because as one great man said, " I do not know what WW3 will be fought with but I can assure you WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"... paraphrasing on my part but something nonetheless to consider IMO.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The defence department likes to up the scare factor it increases their budget. In truth air superiority with china would be achieved in a couple of days.They have nothing that can compare to the raptor for example. Then there is stealth drones as well send in a couple to take out an entire airfield. You can set up a refueling station for raptors anywhere no runway needed. It was designed to go into hostile territory and take out air defense systems. Right now there just is nothing any country can field to stop this thing. Here it is at an airshow watch about half way through as it flips and just changes direction 180 degrees.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I have a question. in the video you linked about the US falling behind russia. THERE ARE CHINESE PILOTS IN the frame! I think maybe th evid was mis labeled maybe?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

yuppa
reply to post by 727Sky

I have a question. in the video you linked about the US falling behind russia. THERE ARE CHINESE PILOTS IN the frame! I think maybe th evid was mis labeled maybe?

Yeah o wouldnt out much faith in that video it compares th aim 120 a medium range missile to Chinese and Russian long range missiles. But what they dont tell you is long range missiles miss The plane that fires them has to guide the missile to the craft requiring level flight.Through the other plane has countermeasures that jam them and they miss alot more than they hit odds are extremely low its easy to jam radar.. Funniest part is a missiles range distance changes depending on altitude and attack position not to mention the speed of the aircraft at launch.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This really gets to me.
As much money is spent by the military
do we really not have the means to stop
this Chinese high tec missile?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

Given they're covering 2-3 miles in a second actually destroying them will be very hard unless you have some sort of laser based system so i'd imagine the best solution is to jam them or not let the planes off the ground in the first place but time is really the deciding factor as no human will be able to do it as by the time you have even gone to press a button the missiles probably 10 miles closer

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by 727Sky

The defence department likes to up the scare factor it increases their budget. In truth air superiority with china would be achieved in a couple of days.They have nothing that can compare to the raptor for example. Then there is stealth drones as well send in a couple to take out an entire airfield. You can set up a refueling station for raptors anywhere no runway needed. It was designed to go into hostile territory and take out air defense systems. Right now there just is nothing any country can field to stop this thing. Here it is at an airshow watch about half way through as it flips and just changes direction 180 degrees.

If you want to see an airshow take a look at this: F-22 is to expensive to do some of this stuff at a show.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by 727Sky

You know it's funny..

Not to take anything away from China's hard work and determination to make advancements but all too often I hear about how China caught up to the US/West with this tech or that. Meanwhile, Nothings usually mentioned about how their rocket program was floundering for years and not too soon after Clinton committed treason approved the transfer, China's space program began to make progress by leaps and bounds.

It was also the same time period that everything else technically in China started to make progress by leaps and bounds, in areas unrelated to the rocket technology in question.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Maxatoria
reply to post by grayghost

Given they're covering 2-3 miles in a second actually destroying them will be very hard unless you have some sort of laser based system so i'd imagine the best solution is to jam them or not let the planes off the ground in the first place but time is really the deciding factor as no human will be able to do it as by the time you have even gone to press a button the missiles probably 10 miles closer

Actually.... satellites fall at the same relative velocities and AEGIS can shoot them down. SO its not that its impossible just very hard to do.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You're not trying to compare the su35 are you? In a dogfight the su 35 wont even be able to get missile lock.The f22 is actual stealth from the front the Raptor’s 0.0001 square meter Radar Cross Section. While the SU35 The Flanker-E while having a reduced radar signature still has a 2 meter Radar Cross Section. The f22 has super cruise meaning no afterburners and can maintain flight of mach 1.7. The flanker has a pitch of 30 degrees the raptor is 39 degrees. Now dont get me wrong i really like the Flanker-E but its not the Raptor.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I agree the F-22 at many advertised levels is superior. My post was of an airshow where they (Russians) were doing some serious turn and burn.

Also found this which I found rather informative.
www.news.com.au...

China had 122 billionaires in 2013 compared to 422 in the US, 110 in Russia, 39 in Hong Kong and 26 in Taiwan.

It is the world’s largest manufacturing nation and in 2012 China built 19.27 million vehicles up from just 2.1 million in the year 2000.

That year the US built 10.5 million vehicles, Japan 9.9 million, Germany 5.6 million Korea 4.6 million.

China also accounts for 28.8 per cent of global sales for Volkswagen, 28.9 for General Motors, 20.9 for Nissan, 19.5 for Hyundai, 17.7 for Kia, 17.1 for Honda, 14.8 for Peugeot, 13.8 for Mazda, 8.4 for Ford, 8.0 for BMW and 7.6 per cent for Toyota.

It also produces 75 per cent of global output of mobile phones, 87 per cent of personal computers and 52 per cent of colour televisions.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

727Sky
reply to post by dragonridr

I agree the F-22 at many advertised levels is superior. My post was of an airshow where they (Russians) were doing some serious turn and burn.

Also found this which I found rather informative.
www.news.com.au...

China had 122 billionaires in 2013 compared to 422 in the US, 110 in Russia, 39 in Hong Kong and 26 in Taiwan.

It is the world’s largest manufacturing nation and in 2012 China built 19.27 million vehicles up from just 2.1 million in the year 2000.

That year the US built 10.5 million vehicles, Japan 9.9 million, Germany 5.6 million Korea 4.6 million.

China also accounts for 28.8 per cent of global sales for Volkswagen, 28.9 for General Motors, 20.9 for Nissan, 19.5 for Hyundai, 17.7 for Kia, 17.1 for Honda, 14.8 for Peugeot, 13.8 for Mazda, 8.4 for Ford, 8.0 for BMW and 7.6 per cent for Toyota.

It also produces 75 per cent of global output of mobile phones, 87 per cent of personal computers and 52 per cent of colour televisions.

People get awed easily by looking at the numbers above...what is lacking is how these are FOREIGN companies who OUTSOURCE labor to China. China is nothing more than an assembly plant for big mult-national companies looking for cheap labor to turn an easy profit.

China's biggest hurdle is moving past this lower teir economic development and moving onto a much more competitive one. Innovation. When will it be Chinese companies that compete with the likes of Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Cisco, Philips, etc?

Outside of Government owned utility companies, I can't think of one internationally competitive company coming out of China. They are still at the lower rungs of economic development. What's worse is that the current system being used has been used up. They rely to heavily on debt fueled growth and not enough on free market capitalist principals. China is still a very much so centrally planned economy. And lately, the planning hasn't been so great.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If worse ever comes to worse, we might break out the free electron lasers and electron spiral spheroid tokamak technology. Some of those "pew-pew" style energy weapons being developed around Area 51 or White Sands are likely 20 years ahead of what anyone else might be thinking about.

I'd say the U.S. is sitting on fusion based tech right now, but not letting the cat out of the bag in order to get a good solid lead. Not just energy or powerplant applications, but also some applications that can definitely put serious holes in stuff. Looking up a company called "Electron Power Systems" might give an idea of how far it goes back. (Website isn't much and feels like a throwback to the 1990s, but they do have some public patents and plenty of government contracts if you want to do some digging. The more public facing stuff involves Los Alamos or MIT, but following some other stuff leads to subcontracts with some well known defence companies.)

So if there's ever public release about U.S. based fusion power being successful, don't be surprised if you see some new and unusual "military toys" hitting the public press too. Keep in mind it's likely the leadout for such will have been similar to that for the F-117 before it went public.

(And if there's any conspiracy aspect, I'd say there was enough success with the new technology that the U.S. MIC purposely let adversaries have the old stuff so we'd have reason to buy the new stuff about two decades later. And there's us the public wasting our money on taxes with the government chasing after oil "on our behalf", when we could have had clean energy already.)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

dragonridr
In truth air superiority with china would be achieved in a couple of days.

No, no it wouldn't. The US has a huge problem in the Pacific in that our bases are fixed, and far apart. A carrier couldn't obtain, and hold air superiority on its own.

They have nothing that can compare to the raptor for example.

The J-20 is going to be quite capable in its own right. As for currently, unless you had all 187 F-22s in the theater (which couldn't be done), eventually even Raptors will be overcome by sheer numbers.

Then there is stealth drones as well send in a couple to take out an entire airfield.

Which stealth UAVs are those? None of the currently active stealth platforms (the RQ-170/180) can carry weapons, and if they could they could only carry a couple of bombs at any one time.

You can set up a refueling station for raptors anywhere no runway needed.

Ok, but where are you going to land them to refill the oil, change out crews, do maintenance, etc? You have to have a runway, and it has to be pretty close to China, which means Okinawa, or Guam as the most likely places. Both of them are far enough away that you have to have a lot of tanker support, and the pilots are going to get worn out much quicker than if you have a base closer.

It was designed to go into hostile territory and take out air defense systems. Right now there just is nothing any country can field to stop this thing.

It was actually designed to go into hostile territory and gain air superiority by taking out opposing fighters. It has an extremely limited ground attack role.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Zaphod58

dragonridr
In truth air superiority with china would be achieved in a couple of days.

No, no it wouldn't. The US has a huge problem in the Pacific in that our bases are fixed, and far apart. A carrier couldn't obtain, and hold air superiority on its own.

They have nothing that can compare to the raptor for example.

The J-20 is going to be quite capable in its own right. As for currently, unless you had all 187 F-22s in the theater (which couldn't be done), eventually even Raptors will be overcome by sheer numbers.

Then there is stealth drones as well send in a couple to take out an entire airfield.

Which stealth UAVs are those? None of the currently active stealth platforms (the RQ-170/180) can carry weapons, and if they could they could only carry a couple of bombs at any one time.

You can set up a refueling station for raptors anywhere no runway needed.

Ok, but where are you going to land them to refill the oil, change out crews, do maintenance, etc? You have to have a runway, and it has to be pretty close to China, which means Okinawa, or Guam as the most likely places. Both of them are far enough away that you have to have a lot of tanker support, and the pilots are going to get worn out much quicker than if you have a base closer.

It was designed to go into hostile territory and take out air defense systems. Right now there just is nothing any country can field to stop this thing.

It was actually designed to go into hostile territory and gain air superiority by taking out opposing fighters. It has an extremely limited ground attack role.

Excellent post ! Anyone who has spent time in the Pacific will realize real space time versus looking at a map is totally different ! Big big area with vast distances. Guam to Tokyo is a 4.5+ hour flight @ .82 mach and just about anyplace from there is another 5+ hours.. Round trips for fighters would be very problematic unless based in N. Viet Nam, Laos, or Northern Thailand which, don't laugh may happen...just depends on how pissed the local bordering countries get... I must say though China and there business plans in most areas seems to work. They build infrastructure, give loans for public works and ingrate themselves so that when they want or need something it is hard to say no.. Also being the big neighbor who will be there long after America cuts and runs is something I have heard repeated more than once.. A fine line must be walked for the smaller countries..

It seems like we (USA) have in the past bought despots and financed them so they would order what we wanted... Probably cheaper but short sighted IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That's why the Dod always strive's to build a better war club. They know people like the Clinton's and Obama's make them look bad when your trying to define the word "commie". And go ahead with that hypersonic/kinetic kajigger. I want to see it outrun a laser. (BGPHES provides 3 Million sqaure miles of 360 degree targeting, since a Long, long, time ago)
The US NAVY bringing bigger, more economical cans of wup-a$$ to you for over 200 years !
oh yeah. sorry left one thing off. it said "pentagon", the guys that work for Chunk Bagel. so you know they're as clueless as the chinese.

edit on 2252014 by tencap77 because: content. spelling. just love saying Chunk Bagel !

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join