It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon intelligence official says Chinese hypersonic weapon poses major challenge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

SheopleNation
I vote that we start a fund here on ATS that will eventually one day put my friend crazyewok into space on a Bolshevik craft! Who knows, our America hating mate here one day could become very famous, and may even very well end up being the next Vladimir Komarov when it's all said and done, Who I view as a hero of The Russian people by the way.

If one has no patience in matters such as this, just forward to the 1:00 minute mark.

Here is more info about Valdimir's last words spoken, and that he gave his own life so that his fellow cosmonaut friend Yuri Gagarin, would not have to take the dangerous, and unpredicatble outcome flight into space himself.

Vladimir Komarov's Last Words

In my eyes, Valdimir was a great Man of the people. I think about him sometimes when pondering it all, what it must have been like to be him, during his last moments. ~$heopleNation

edit on 3-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

American hateing?

Cause i dont like the shuttle?

Classic.......only on ATS

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

SheopleNation

dragonridr
Ill agree never got to do what it was truly designed for. Its real purpose was to shuttle people back and forth from several space stations NASA wanted to build. So instead it just became a rocket sad really.

Please explain, with some reason, how it was "just a rocket"? Have you studied up on what that "just a rocket" accomplished for our Space program after all these decades? If you have, then present it?

Some folks are so easily influenced into supporting such slander against the United States of America. There are so many reasons why people despise us, but the result is that most likely those that we elected to represent us all, have contributed to those reasons. At the end of the day, those people do not represent us my friends. Most of them, were purchased decades ago by the internationalists.

Also, Not that we don't question NASA, cause we do, as we all do all the time here on ATS. However, One has to consider all the spin, distortion, division and lies that are spread in order to keep any kind of truth, or any kind of ambitious effort from being recognized when it's all said and done.

Somewhere, we Americans were hijacked by liars and scoundrels. Somewhere my friends, we all lost our backbone to fight against them. ~$heopleNation

edit on 3-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Sorry hoe is it slander against the american people to queation the value of the shuttle? There are alot in NASA that queation its value too!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Yeah I guess that was a rant. Pay no mind to my blabbering, I don't even know what I am ranting about half the time.

Well I agree with you about your Mars point. Course some believe that we have already been there. ~$heopleNation

edit on 4-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Well you're the one who would rather take a trip in a Soyuz than a shuttle.

Somehow I don't buy it though wok. If it really came down to it, I think you would choose the Shuttle. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

SheopleNation

Well you're the one who would rather take a trip in a Soyuz than a shuttle.

Id rather buy a German car than a Italian car. Dont mean I hate Italy

SheopleNation
Somehow I don't buy it though wok. If it really came down to it, I think you would choose the Shuttle.

Maybe ATS should sponser me! Be good advertsiment haha. I would choose soyuz but if the Dragon capsule works out with spaceX I may go to that. Im just not a fan of the wings in space concept. For basic crew transport the capsule seem to work better.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There is a reason America has Classified military complexes. To ensure the US is at the forefront of technology design. Im not to worried, with the American defense sectors having an almost unlimited budget. The American military complex has a Job, to design, test, and feild new age weapons, and protect the Homeland and the US's allies across the globe. This is a Military chess game for these countries. One country develops a new weapon, gives the other country the leverage it needs, to ensure it continues to develop new age weapons to persuade the gov to design, test and develop counter attack weapons.
I'd love to know what the US has classified in its weapons arsenal. The Chinese didnt just decide to build this, to show her might, they more than likely built this tech to counter something we have already, or are in the process of developing. Its all a chess game, until the red button gets pushed. "FIRE" then its SHTF time.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A little video on the stand-off capability of these missiles with a range of 1500 miles.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by rickymouse

Do you really think we can't do the same or better than a country that has never matched, never mind beat U.S. Technology?

YEAH!! .. Wait, NEVER matched US technology?
China invented gunpowder, pretty big deal in this guys humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Out of repect for the OP I created a seprate shuttle thread so we can take the debate there and not derail the OP thread anymore.

New thread

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Glassbender777
There is a reason America has Classified military complexes. To ensure the US is at the forefront of technology design. Im not to worried, with the American defense sectors having an almost unlimited budget. The American military complex has a Job, to design, test, and feild new age weapons, and protect the Homeland and the US's allies across the globe. This is a Military chess game for these countries. One country develops a new weapon, gives the other country the leverage it needs, to ensure it continues to develop new age weapons to persuade the gov to design, test and develop counter attack weapons.
I'd love to know what the US has classified in its weapons arsenal. The Chinese didnt just decide to build this, to show her might, they more than likely built this tech to counter something we have already, or are in the process of developing. Its all a chess game, until the red button gets pushed. "FIRE" then its SHTF time.

This is what they're scared of one of these ships have more firepower than used in all of world war 2. This one ship has the ability to take out squadrons of fighters a fleet or attack military installations.

en.wikipedia.org...

and this one as well

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/4/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yet when the Chinese put all their best sailors in their best submarine, it sinks with the loss of all hands! (from a resent report in the blog, diplomat files) and their aircraft designs are soviet Russian designs! Troops living in bunkers need psychological help after three days, training scenarios are often abandoned, from the reports, the Chinese army is not fit for purpose. (there are many other blogs concerning the Chinese).

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Hell no then I can't argue with 'um if the tech goes down!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
China and the US are the back bone of the NWO. They are working together to achieve the same goals all while appearing to be at odds. Its all misdirection, if you don't see that by now you haven't been paying attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

China poses an increasing challenge to the US military's technological edge while budget pressures are hampering Washington's effort to stay ahead, a senior defense official warned on Tuesday.

Frank Kendall, the Pentagon's chief weapons buyer, told lawmakers that when it comes to "technological superiority, the Department of Defense is being challenged in ways that I have not seen for decades, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region."

Citing China's major investments in anti-ship missiles, stealth fighter jets, hypersonic vehicles and other hi-tech weaponry, Kendall said the United States could lose its dominant position if it failed to respond to the altered strategic landscape.

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Wow. Your point is gunpowder?? You think you just scored some kind of talking point??

Somehow that equates to proof of technological superiority of the Chinese? Lord love a duck...simply amazing!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

crazyewok
Except it didnt come apart and the shuttle did........twice.

Engineering feats, size and comfort dont alway equal safer.

Doesn't matter what you think. A cosmonaut who has flown both has a far different opinion. His word > Yours.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

dragonridr

China's hypersonic missile is not the threat they make it out to be. First unlike the US,Russia and India who built a hypersonic missile that can fly meters above the ocean.The Chinese achieve this through orbital reentry. They basically put a glider on an ICBM and said look a hypersonic missile. The reason for this is they cant make a guidance system allowing the missile to travel at that speed over water etc. Now the reason i say this isnt the threat they make it out to be is simple we have satellites which detect launches into orbit. Meaning by the time this thing starts reentry the entire Chinese fleet could be gone using hypersonic cruise missiles. And on reentry hitting a fixed target is one thing a moving carrier or ship quite another all i know is they better put a nuke in it Or youll see alot of them splashing down into water.

it seems to me that it certainly is not as advanced as the X-51A hypersonic scramjet that the US has tested several times before. I commend the Chinese regardless though because it is still quite a feat to be done. However, it is less impressive than the launching of the X-51 from a B52. And it certainly isn't nearly as impressive as the DARPA hypersonic project where their hypersonic craft flew at Mach 20 (13,000 mph) under its own control.

Also, with lockheed martin acknowledging the SR-72 hypersonic spy plane that they're currently developing; I can't help but think all this talk about Chinas primitive hypersonic concept as being nothing more than a chicken little (sky is falling) argument. The US is way ahead of the Chinese when it comes to this tech, and pretty much everything else. At this point, China can only hope to get their hands on US state secrets to truly compete with the US in qualitative technological terms.
edit on 4-2-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I would say any high tech that China has comes from Russia.
Any thing else was stolen from the US.
And that is the fact.China has never been a leader
in new tech just a copy cat.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

pheonix358

SLAYER69
reply to post by pheonix358

Missile launchers [Whether Hypersonic or not] are targets themselves.

Another Caveat many seem to forget.

edit on 1-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yes they are. We have no idea how many they have and you yourself point out the enormousness network of tunnels.

Good luck trying to take out the tunnels unless you have the tunnel map.

The defenders always have the advantage if the know how to use it. Think Vietnam and you will get my drift.

P

edit on 1/2/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)
Those hypersonic missiles rely on satellites to fire at extreme long ranges. WHat happens when we use our space drone to destroy or capture them to feed them false information? You have a useless weapon at that point. What happens when you can fool the missiles as well with false IR data? What about our hypersonic drones? Point is It sounds more impressive than what it is. And the only reason we left Vietnam was Political not because of military losses really. There was a General in their army who confirmed militarily we had them.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Interesting thread...I had to read the whole thing, even all that bit about shuttle vs Soyuz

That's not why I'm commenting.

I really appreciate the belief that the US can counter any attack.
And the denigrating of China's advancements after the US goverments help.

But the fact that the US has not been taking the lead in military advancement in the last decade that used to keep 'us' a decade ahead of everyone else needs to be taken into consideration.

And I also have the feeling that as much as many people from other countries always say they wanna live here, they would probably prefer to do it without 'us' here. - the point of that being if the US were attacked, would its allies really take initiative in the retort?

Now to my point.

M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction, as was noted by Slayer in one of the very first posts of this thread.

MAD only works when your leader is willing to take the initiative.

We are not currently under the imaginary umbrella of false security provided by this theory, in fact the whole world knows if the US were to receive an all out attack, our leadership would hesitate so much that the US would be extremely crippled (I do not think destroyed, the ground battle will not go well for any intruders) and will create a long long struggle.

X

edit on 5-2-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: clarity

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join